Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2022, 10:28 AM   #281

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Nice job on the SeaLevel installation.

And nice C4.
Thanks Mike! Appreciate the kind words as always. The C4 is in great shape, but the last owner didn't drive it much. Going through it front to back, to get it up to our standards. 75% of the fluids have been changed. Still needs a full tune up, but the more "major" items have just about been sorted. Never dull, and I keep learning new things .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaz View Post
I did mine the same way a couple years ago. You will like them.
Tim
Awesome. Ya so far we love the new system, what a difference. First real test comes in a few days.
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2022, 10:44 AM   #282

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTL View Post
Thanks Mike! Appreciate the kind words as always. The C4 is in great shape, but the last owner didn't drive it much. Going through it front to back, to get it up to our standards. 75% of the fluids have been changed. Still needs a full tune up, but the more "major" items have just about been sorted. Never dull, and I keep learning new things .
Sounds awesome. I do the same thing whenever I get a new vehicle into our stable, I go through and zero it out and bring it up to my standards before I can feel comfortable with it. I actually like the act of zeroing them out and spending that time of getting acquainted with my vehicles.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 09:13 AM   #283

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Sounds awesome. I do the same thing whenever I get a new vehicle into our stable, I go through and zero it out and bring it up to my standards before I can feel comfortable with it. I actually like the act of zeroing them out and spending that time of getting acquainted with my vehicles.
Absolutely! I enjoy the projects and the effort to get it to our standards. I think that's when it becomes "ours". Totally agree, you end up knowing ever bolt on it.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:17 AM   #284

Monaco Owners Club
Well we enjoyed our boon docking trip up to Southampton, ON, this past weekend. I can now report that the new See Level II tank monitoring system works awesome!

I had time to wash and clean the coach, and even dress the tires before we left. Since it rained 24 hours after this picture was taken, I thought I would share proof of the effort .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4455.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	607.4 KB
ID:	374299

See it actually happened . Ah well, nice while it lasted.

Wishing everyone a great week ahead!
Josh
Old 09-25-2022, 01:25 PM   #285

Monaco Owners Club
Rebuilding Electrical Compartment Floor

Happy Sunday!

Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of Fall. We have begun working on some Fall projects and updates.

Name:	IMG-4835.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	377336

Yesterday we focused our attention to the electrical compartment. The floor has been damaged, and the electrical reel has stopped working. (See early posts for how that happened ).

Name:	IMG-4836.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	377337 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4840.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	377338

We removed the cord reel and it doesn't appear to be serviceable. All the access hatches are rivetted on. We drilled out one, and it only had access to some wiring. Does anyone have any experience with these TDI Shoreline Reel RV5036 units?

Name:	IMG-4837.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	377339

After cleaning everything up, we installed a new 1/4" floor board with a durable plastic coating, and also installed a new access port. Turned out pretty good. Everything is caulked and sealed up.

Name:	IMG-4577.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	477.0 KB
ID:	377340 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4576.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	525.2 KB
ID:	377341

Here are some bonus pics of Big Blue once again all cleaned up. It's a shame it only last a few days around here .

If anyone has any recommendations for power cord reels, I'm all ears as well. Thanks!

Josh
Old 11-13-2022, 02:40 PM   #286

Monaco Owners Club
Howdy! Wishing all the snowbirds and others safe travels!

Had an interesting last week or so, overall coach has been great. 2 items have come up, would love to hear everyone's feedback if you have some:

1) What is everyone using for a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)? Our Pressure Pro system has to be well over 10 years old now, and is getting to a point where it needs to be replaced. One of the major downsides we found to the system, was not being able to manually check the tire pressures without removing the sensors. What system recommendations do you all have?

2) Had some issues with our windshield wipers. The driver's side was so violent in its operation, that the wiper arm came right off. Wonder if maybe the bushings or something are going. Has anyone repaired or replaced their wiper motors on this era of Monaco?

As always, thanks in advance for everyone's great input.

Thanks!
Josh
Old 11-13-2022, 03:42 PM   #287

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced my old Hopkins TPMS last year, the sensor didn't have replaceable batteries and they became obsolete so had to replace.

After do research I decided to go with the TST507, you can get flow through sensor but I decided to go with the standard. I found that it has better signal the my old one I don't use the repeater that came with it, I never drop a tire while driving. I've had to remove sensors to add pressure when I went from ~90F weather to the 40F range. But it was not a big deal.

You will have to check you wiper motor, it may have part numbers on it. Not sure if mine is the same but attached is the parts page for my system, it might help you out, if nothing else it has the correct part names. The vendor part # can be used to do a general search. From memory there is still a company that provides replacement parts. Hopefully someone will have the info.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1 Wiper motor dirve assembly.pdf (92.9 KB, 31 views)
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:39 AM   #288

Quote:
Howdy! Wishing all the snowbirds and others safe travels!

Had an interesting last week or so, overall coach has been great. 2 items have come up, would love to hear everyone's feedback if you have some:

1) What is everyone using for a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)? Our Pressure Pro system has to be well over 10 years old now, and is getting to a point where it needs to be replaced. One of the major downsides we found to the system, was not being able to manually check the tire pressures without removing the sensors. What system recommendations do you all have?

2) Had some issues with our windshield wipers. The driver's side was so violent in its operation, that the wiper arm came right off. Wonder if maybe the bushings or something are going. Has anyone repaired or replaced their wiper motors on this era of Monaco?

As always, thanks in advance for everyone's great input.

Thanks!
Josh

Josh I use the TPS 507 love it and I don’t use the repeater never had any problems with dropping out on coach or toad. Also on the cord real when I bought my coach it didn’t work previous owner had module that he bought for mounts up above real I changed it out working great now
Thanks
James
jgraves912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 08:00 AM   #289

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
I replaced my old Hopkins TPMS last year, the sensor didn't have replaceable batteries and they became obsolete so had to replace.

After do research I decided to go with the TST507, you can get flow through sensor but I decided to go with the standard. I found that it has better signal the my old one I don't use the repeater that came with it, I never drop a tire while driving. I've had to remove sensors to add pressure when I went from ~90F weather to the 40F range. But it was not a big deal.

You will have to check you wiper motor, it may have part numbers on it. Not sure if mine is the same but attached is the parts page for my system, it might help you out, if nothing else it has the correct part names. The vendor part # can be used to do a general search. From memory there is still a company that provides replacement parts. Hopefully someone will have the info.
Thanks Jim!! Appreciate the TPMS recommendation and the wiper diagram. Gives me somewhere to start. Thanks agains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraves912 View Post
Josh I use the TPS 507 love it and I don’t use the repeater never had any problems with dropping out on coach or toad. Also on the cord real when I bought my coach it didn’t work previous owner had module that he bought for mounts up above real I changed it out working great now
Thanks
James
Thanks James! So far seems to come highly recommended.

Wishing everyone a great Thanksgiving!
Josh
Old 11-21-2022, 08:51 AM   #290

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:

Attachment 377339

After cleaning everything up, we installed a new 1/4" floor board with a durable plastic coating, and also installed a new access port. Turned out pretty good. Everything is caulked and sealed up.

Josh
Nicely done! Can you share the material you used? I don't have a specific project in mind at this point, but if I ever have to remove my Aquahot again, this would be in my future.

I also need to get a larger diameter port to put in my wet bay as the turn down from the tank drain is a bear on the hose itself.

Thanks!
Scepter40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 01:54 PM   #291

Monaco Owners Club
Don’t buy the Doran 360. I’m on my second monitor and 8 tire sensors. It often gives a “lost signal” reading. Then an hour later without having done anything, it will read psi again. I had a tag tire flat this fall that thankfully occurred while pulling into my sister’s place. The Doran gave no warning even though the tire had nearly completely deflated.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:04 PM   #292

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepter40 View Post
Nicely done! Can you share the material you used? I don't have a specific project in mind at this point, but if I ever have to remove my Aquahot again, this would be in my future.

I also need to get a larger diameter port to put in my wet bay as the turn down from the tank drain is a bear on the hose itself.

Thanks!
Thanks Keith! Appreciate the kind words. I believe Home Depot called it a "White Hardboard". Other options you might consider are formica, acrylic or polycarbonate.

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
Don’t buy the Doran 360. I’m on my second monitor and 8 tire sensors. It often gives a “lost signal” reading. Then an hour later without having done anything, it will read psi again. I had a tag tire flat this fall that thankfully occurred while pulling into my sister’s place. The Doran gave no warning even though the tire had nearly completely deflated.
Thanks for the feedback, Paul!
Old 10-02-2023, 12:58 PM   #293

Monaco Owners Club
Howdy folks!

I hope everyone had a wonderful summer! Apologies for the lack of posts, but the projects on Big Blue lately have been focused on the typical maintenance activities. We completed a full Aqua-Hot and Generator service last month. Nothing too exciting as far as updates or mods go. We are recovering the dinning room chairs, and I'd be happy to flip up some pics of that when they are done.

Mostly we have just been enjoying the coach and a busy summer! Here are a few pics of Big Blue getting washed before our most recent trip.

Name:	IMG_7857.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	440.4 KB
ID:	404152

Name:	IMG_7856.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	404153

Happy Fall camping!!
Josh
Old 10-03-2023, 07:42 AM   #294

Monaco Owners Club
Looks good as usual and glad to hear you've had a good RV'ing season.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, monaco, repair, repairs, upgrade