Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #1

Just bought a new HR Admiral 30SE. And, like all my other RVs, it is not quite perfect, but actually closer than most.

When I hit a moderate bump. There is squeaking, almost styrofoam rubbing sound coming (I think) from the upper cabinets above the driver side.

Curious, if anyone else has had this problem and tracked down the culprit. I like to find out as much as possible about where the problem lies before going to the dealer.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #2

Just bought a new HR Admiral 30SE. And, like all my other RVs, it is not quite perfect, but actually closer than most.

When I hit a moderate bump. There is squeaking, almost styrofoam rubbing sound coming (I think) from the upper cabinets above the driver side.

Curious, if anyone else has had this problem and tracked down the culprit. I like to find out as much as possible about where the problem lies before going to the dealer.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2006, 02:15 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi RoadRohrer -

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new addition. We're really glad to have you with us and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. This is a great bunch of folks on here who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them. Whe you get the chance, please update your info, so's we can recognize each other down the road.

How about becoming a member of the Monaco forum? It's free and all's ya gotta do is ask!

I know how frustrating those little sounds are, not sure who's more irritaded by them - me because of the sound itself or my wife for having to crawl all over the moving rv to listen and stop them for them for me

My home-theater is over my head, and it did rattle & squeak a lot til I pulled everything out and used velcro to hold it all from moving.

You may indeed have some styrofoam behind the panels up there, and it may have shifted and started rubbing against one of the inside/outside panels. Can you get the panel(s) loose enough or off to peek back there and see? Lots of wiring back there too, maybe one of them is rubbing.

Say, who's your dealer there?

Good luck and keep us posted.
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:38 AM   #4

Thanks Ron. I, too, am not sure who is more bothered. I am better now with these noises. I just tell myself it will be quiet after I stop rolling the wheels.

I did take a peek through the back panel of the TV. Lots of wires as you say. I will just start wrapping everything.

I actually bought this unit (traded Alpine DP) with a small dealer in Jefferson, Iowa. Holiday RV. Literally in the middle of a corn field. Only dealer I could find who would trade in a straight forward manner. Shot the **** out of the mega "we'll beat any deal dealers".

What do I need to do to join Monaco forum? I registered for forums.

Thanks for your help
Old 09-03-2006, 08:50 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Your wish is our command.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Just pulled in the driveway after the long weekend, and headed straight to the computer (am I addicted or what??).

Ya beat me to it, 007!! Thanks for getting RoadRohrer all set up.

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote