Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2021, 11:38 AM   #1

Urgent...Broken down IN AZ...parts can't be found

lost REAR brakes on 2003 holiday Rambler Ambassador....5 days looking for brake pads....no one can find them.....only have RV, no toad...no means of transportation to get off Indian Tribal locationin Laughlin, AZ

Even USED parts would be acceptible at this point....but MUST have good brakepad backing plates to re-bond friction pad onto

has a DANA S105S rearend....

PLEASE CALL, EMAIL OR TEXT if you can help.OR HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS..

john
(603) 300-6710

johncirish@yahoo.com
JohnCIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCIrish View Post
lost REAR brakes on 2003 holiday Rambler Ambassador....5 days looking for brake pads....no one can find them.....only have RV, no toad...no means of transportation to get off Indian Tribal locationin Laughlin, AZ

Even USED parts would be acceptible at this point....but MUST have good brakepad backing plates to re-bond friction pad onto

has a DANA S105S rearend....

PLEASE CALL, EMAIL OR TEXT if you can help.OR HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS..

john
(603) 300-6710

johncirish@yahoo.com
So you have taken off the wheels and caliper? I believe those are the same pads as my rig and I got my rear pads at Oreilly's, a standard auto parts store.
Mile Marker 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #3

Well, that sucks. If you can find them reasonably close to where I live, but they won't ship, pay over the phone by CC, e-mail me postage (a label, basically, that I cannot use for anything else), and I'll pick them up and ship them to you. What's "reasonably close"? Um...maybe 30-40 miles. No charge.

That said, I suspect a national truck parts chain (such as Fleetpride) can be found within a reasonable distance of where you're stuck that has or can get the parts you need. As a side note, it's illegal in some states to sell used brake parts of any kind. Mine is one of them. Unfortunately.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:15 PM   #4

does yours have Dana/Spicer double piston calipers? And do you by chance remember the O'Reilly part number? Mine are too far gone to read any numbers at all, BUT there IS an O'Reilly not to far from here I believe....so if I had a part number I could call over and have them delivered....maybe???
Old 02-05-2021, 05:36 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sorry to hear of your problem. Here is a post from someone that replaced their brakes on the same MH you have. Suggest you contact him (Private Message) and he might be able to give you part numbers and sources.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/bra...em-390061.html
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:53 AM   #6

Angry Still stuck, but thankful for suggestions...

Although still stranded in NV, and without rear brakes, I just wanted to throw out a "THANKS" to everyone who has emailed with suggestions.....

As of yesterday, the only "known missing" parts are the brake pads themselves.....having found source for used calipers and/or rebuild kits, rotors, wheel bearings, and even brake lines if those end up being needed....

(now comes my personal experience ranting.....)

But one thing I CAN tell you all without question:: DO NOT use "wholesale warranties" extended warranty contracts for your extended warranty/repair coverage.....even after following everything we were required to do to prevent further damage, they are REFUSING to pay for anything because we had to have emergency repairs done to protect from further damage, without their "permission".. ! !...Especially since they CLOSE at 5pm every day, and have NO phone service after hours, or on weekends. So if you breakdown after dark, or over a weekend, expect to wait until they decide to answer your call, as far as 3 or 4 days out...which WILL leave you sitting on the side of the road. They are totally unaware of how to fulfill their contracts as written and we even had them 'make up' unwritten rules such as when a single part may be recognized by two or more names, they will only accept the use of their choice names as being covered; SUCH AS...'shackles" and "U-bolts"...where I come from, a shackle and a ubolt are often called by the same name....as they both perform the same job...holding other parts together.....

Wholesale warranty required a complete vehicle inspection, inside and out,(including a highway-speed test drive, prior to accepting our application, but now, just 3 months after they inspected and accepted our application, now they are suddenly telling us that due to the age of our RV they will not pay for coverage for parts they now are essentially claiming are "too old" to cover....Funny thing about that...nothing was "too old" for them to take our $3500 payment for 3 years of "unlimited mileage" coverage just a few months ago....(late October 2020 to be more exact)

YES, WE ARE pursuing this "up the chain'', at least as much as possible being 2500 miles from home...breach of contract, intentional misrepresentation, etc, and we already have a metalurgist involved...so this will not be "going away" anytime soon.....
Old 02-05-2021, 10:06 AM   #7

I can agree and sympathize with you about wholesale warranty. I too had the company several years ago when things were handled slightly differently. There was no after-hours service or weekend service however there was no call center either. One person handled the claims. He told me if it was after hours or weekends to call and leave a detailed message for him to receive the next business day. He would then approve the repairs if it was a covered item. I never had a problem doing that a couple of times. If we were back on the road they mailed me a check.

Now they have a call center which is a joke and someone will call you back in the next couple of days...maybe...to discuss your claim. Twice they never called me. I am now out of warranty and did not want to extend my warranty with them. Once good now horrible for claims.
tanman32225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:02 PM   #8

Sorry for you pain and hope you get your issue resolved, that said there is a reason that automotive aftermarket warranty companies are at the top of the AG's list for fraud and the warranty companies once busted and disbanded only rise again under different corporate names.

Billion$ & Billion$ of insurance premium dollars are collected and little to nothing paid out by them.

Theses aftermarket warranty companies have a way with words that make Orwellian double speak appear to be clear and concise as you and millions of others have found out at a cost. : eek:

Many people have learned lesson the hard way and why theses companies are under heavy heavy scrutiny from the many of states AG's ....and the very reason you now see them in the " Home Warranty business" ....buyer beware .

My experience having dealt with hundreds and hundreds of extended warranty service contracts for over 35 years is ........ "Run Forrest Run" ...... they are not the worth the paper they are written on ..........take the cost of the service contract and bank it or invest it because 99.999999% you will be far better off.

But they certainly do make them contracts look very very attractive: eek:

Just my $.02 and probably worth less
Old 02-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #9

So what exactly happened that you need brake lines and calipers? And why are you buying used parts?
Old 02-05-2021, 12:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
So what exactly happened that you need brake lines and calipers? And why are you buying used parts?

Yes some pics and details would certainly help.

Most parts have stamping and casting #'s imbedded in them although he may have to look very close to see them.

I have never see a brake caliper without a casting #

Once he has the casting #'s IMO he's is going to narrow this down pretty quick I would think.

Happy Trails
Old 02-06-2021, 08:02 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
So sorry for your trials !!!
But guessing brake parts would be considered wear items and not covered UNLESS MAYBE a covered part caused the failure?

but sorry to hear the responses from wholesale warranties, I used to recommend them...
Old 02-06-2021, 08:28 AM   #12
YC1

Wholesale cost me $5K.. Would not cover a dpf. Vehicle was just barely out of factory warranty. They said it was part of the emissions system and not covered.

You may be able to cancel the remaining part. Just put the monthly payment in the bank.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:22 AM   #13

Try Bullhead Auto and Industrial and talk to Craig. I think he works Monday-Friday. If a part is available he can find it. It’s been a couple of years since I moved away so hopefully he still works there. Hope this helps.
bullheadbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:11 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Not to minimize your dilemma, John, but if you add "...It's a girl my Lord in a flat bed Ford" it's a song Jackson Browne wrote for the Eagles.

++++++

"Wholesale Warranty", per this saga has been exposed for who they really are. I wish you all the best and a good solution.

Does anyone have any good warranty stories?
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts