Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Used Day/Night Shades *FREE*

I'm currently replacing all of my shades and cockpit curtains with MCD shades. I'm sure some of the shade sizes are the same in many coaches. We don't smoke and don't have pets. These shades are in very good shape and I've never broken a cord on any of them.

If anyone can use them, you can have them for free (you pay shipping).

The shades have a label on the top rail with the size and color of the shade. The downside is you would have to remove yours to get the exact size. If most of the Monacos are like mine, there is a lot of space in the valance to get a good guess of what will fit. The color of mine are called "Eggshell". Here are the sizes I have:

(2) 50" W x 25"T These are the sofa and dinette shades
(1) 27" W x 57"T Hallway shade
(1) 25" W x 26"T Slide out shade
(1) 25" W x 20"T Slide out shade
(1) 32" W x 57.5"T Living room shade
(1) 32" W x 26"T Bedroom shade
(2) 16" W x 23"T Bedroom slide out shades

The curtains are in very good shape and were just dry cleaned last year. They have the tie cords and hardware.

The two power visors and two manual visors have already been spoken for.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Don, We need the front windshield curtains ours got stuck in the door (previous owner) and are ripped and stained. I'll be absolutely glad to pay the shipping. Just tell me how to proceed from here.
Thank You Sooooooooo Much!!!!!
Tom & Kathy D.
Mesa AZ.,
2007 Monaco Diplomat 40 SKQ
Old 06-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
YC1

I assume you are taking pictures of the project???

Old 06-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
YC1.....A couple of others have asked for photos. I'll do another post when I'm done. I removed all but the cockpit shades in about an hour. It was much easier than I thought. I got the MCD's today and installed 10 of them in about two hours. It would have been quicker, but two aren't working properly and will have to call MCD tomorrow. I was dreading this project, but it took me longer to measure than it did to R&R the shades.

YC1....on a side note.....We leave next Friday for Utah and will be climbing the Baker grade into Vegas. I'll finally get to see how the DIGI chip does. I ran a couple of short 100 mile trips and didn't see anything spectacular, but did see some fuel mileage increase. My SilverLeaf has only hit 400 HP and 1186 Torque once climbing hills in Oregon. Since the chip, it's hit 403 HP a couple of times under acceleration.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Don, Got your PM, let me know if you received mine.
Thanks!
Tom & Kathy D
Old 06-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
YC1.....A couple of others have asked for photos. I'll do another post when I'm done. I removed all but the cockpit shades in about an hour. It was much easier than I thought. I got the MCD's today and installed 10 of them in about two hours. It would have been quicker, but two aren't working properly and will have to call MCD tomorrow. I was dreading this project, but it took me longer to measure than it did to R&R the shades.

YC1....on a side note.....We leave next Friday for Utah and will be climbing the Baker grade into Vegas. I'll finally get to see how the DIGI chip does. I ran a couple of short 100 mile trips and didn't see anything spectacular, but did see some fuel mileage increase. My SilverLeaf has only hit 400 HP and 1186 Torque once climbing hills in Oregon. Since the chip, it's hit 403 HP a couple of times under acceleration.
Don,

You are going to love the MCD shades. A little tip I picked up from Drifter is to put a few spots of Velcro on the bottom rail of the day shade to keep it from banging against the window going down the road. We run with the night shades up front in the raised position and that keeps everything quite. I sprang for the electric motors on the night shades so opening and closing them is easy and they can all be operated at the same time. My wife likes the curtains on the windshield so I have not been able to talk her into the MCD's on the front. Besides, I have the Magna Shades for the front and she uses that to justify keeping the curtains.

Bob
Old 06-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
From our Community Rules (even if items are free):
Quote:
Post RV and RV-related sales in Classifieds only. Discussion forums, galleries or other sections of our site may not be used to sell products or solicit for items wanted.
Please take acquiring discussions off line.

Thanks,
Lori-
Closed Thread