Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2022, 02:18 PM   #15

Actually, the build sheet is wrong! It’s an ISM 500. Wow! What a mess!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5F1519C4-08F0-4EED-B1ED-62854EEFCD67.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	381205  
leadingsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2022, 04:06 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi Leadingsx: What Bubby124 mentioned in his post was in the back of my mind when responding Tim's question. Could have been the time when Monaco was starting to run into troubles in the RV market. Also wondering if the 10K gen. was not available at the time of build and Monaco did not want to set the coach aside and wait for a 10K gen. so put in what was on the floor at time of build???? Who knows!
That’s basically what I was driving at, manufacturer’s get pretty desperate towards the end of there run, actually kinda sad imo!

Interesting update on your engine discrepancy’s!

Makes a person wonder what else on the build sheet isn’t accurate!
jdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 06:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw1 View Post
That’s basically what I was driving at, manufacturer’s get pretty desperate towards the end of there run, actually kinda sad imo!

Interesting update on your engine discrepancy’s!

Makes a person wonder what else on the build sheet isn’t accurate!
Exactly!
Old 11-19-2022, 09:56 PM   #18

I'll take the ISM500 and 4000 trans over the 10K genny any day. Grab some soft starts for ACs . One thing though I think the 10 and or 12k can be re-wired for 240 split phase It was just posted it can be advantage with new 120 x 2 50 amp pass through hybrid inverters.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 12:30 AM   #19

Great TIPS! I did not know about either of those options! Was considering selling the 8K and getting a 12.5K, but it might be a whole lot less work and money to get some Soft Starts and maybe look at a Hybrid Inverter as well.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:45 AM   #20

You have an awesome coach there regardless. I think you might run into trouble with the 8K with 3 ACs going and trying to make coffee but it might be ok.

I remember reading a few years ago about a member here that had I think an 09 Camelot? It was kind of a cobbled mess by the factory installing what ever they had to get it going. It is sad that the RV industry lost several really good companies in the crash.
Old 11-20-2022, 02:22 PM   #21

You may need to do water heating with fuel on genny with 3ACs. Hold back an AC if batteries are pulling max amps my inv/charger can pull around 10 amps 120v. If going down road in high heat the alternator should be helping and mornings hopefully not need 3ACs.. Maybe check balance of loads on leg with the two ACs items hopefully not as likely to be running as the dryer. I thing EMS should be trying to keep you under max loads.
I have seen deals"compared to MH salvage yards" on FB Marketplace on diesel Onans over the years. They don't last long lol. But sometimes better with the devil you know.
Maybe spend some time to check AC plenums for good tape jobs./separation for intake and discharge. Poor tape job or cut outs in vents. Owners have found some issues fixing those helped. There are numerous threads and usually cheap easy fix with good foil tape.
I'd say see how you use it and how it goes. Is the 8k an inverter diesel genny?
Congrats on superb coach.

P.S. Not to scare you but some Dynasty tag coaches had subframe uprights cracking around rear axles not sure of years, maybe someone better at issue knows years affected and where to look. Best to catch early. There are some threads and repairs done.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:46 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Dynasty 8k Gen

I looked at your build sheet and noted the Onan inverter. I then Googled that inverter model and found another Dyn coach build sheet with 3 a/c s and the same 8k listed. It seems that combo was something new. I do remember when they (Onan) was advertising that kind of stuff so maybe it works ok.

Try running all three airs on gen, monitor amps and see what happens. I would miss Aladdin info and would suggest you look at a Silverleaf arrangement.

Arrrhgh my keboard was dying.. new batts now
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:04 AM   #23
YC1

Do you have a touchpad like the silver one on the left as well as some sort of one-part or two-part readout on the dash?

My 2008 owner's manual shows an Alladin, but an addendum was added to the manual showing the "message center".

If you have the message center I can send you information on that.

It should be easy enough to run three ACs on 8kw. A total of 45 amps approximately could be split between each leg of the generator.

As age creeps in you might run out of power but as suggested, there are lots of things you can do to curb consumption.

Programming charger down to 10-20%, running the water heater on gas alone, refer to gas alone if it has not been converted to residential.

Cleaning the ACs can reduce the current draw by a few amps on each one.

The year built found the factory throwing whatever components they had an inventory of it seems. Including the longest screws used everywhere on mine. This also speaks to the installation of the Sheppard versus the TRW steering box.

We bought ours new at the end of 08 and it is and was rare to not travel without having to fix things. It is the nature of the beast for sure and getting to know your coach inside and out can save thousands in headaches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Left of dash.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	381309  

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:05 AM   #24

The advice to rely on your alternator to charge your batteries is not correct. Your alternator is not designed to charge batteries that are severely depleted. Doing this will shorten the life of your alternator. As for your build sheet: You have an awesome engine and tranny combo! If you love the unit just spend the money for a used genset. Remember you can sell your 8.0 gennie!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 08:59 AM   #25

[It should be easy enough to run three ACs on 8kw. A total of 45 amps approximately could be split between each leg of the generator.]

Does the 8k gen have 2 legs? I thought it was only 1.
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 09:08 AM   #26
YC1

Two legs. Around 30-35 amps on each leg

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 10:56 AM   #27

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You have confirmed that you do actually have the 8KW generator?

They screwed up your build sheet's for your engine.... maybe the gen as well!
Old 11-21-2022, 11:56 AM   #28

Yes, confirmed the serial number too!

Tags
monaco dynasty, monaco