Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2022, 08:56 PM   #1

Question Very Bizarre 2008 Monaco Dynasty Yorkshire IV

So, I purchased a 2008 Monaco Dynasty Yorkshire IV recently, my first coach ever . Been using a 5th wheel up until now. Anyway, according to the brochure and based on every 2008 Dynasty Coach I looked at, they ALL came with a 10,000 Watt Onan Diesel Generator, right?, Well not mine! Mine came with an 8,100 Watt Onan Diesel Generator (8HQDPA-5480B)! It does not have an hour meter on the Generator itself, but it does on the Monitor/Control panel.

Anyone know any history on this?

Next strange issue, This coach does not appear to have any kind of Aladdin System. While it has cameras and autofil and other features common with Aladdin, there is no evidence of it ever having Aladdin. Anyway, any Monaco history buffs out there, I would love to get your take on this.

Thanks,

Tim
leadingsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2022, 09:26 PM   #2

Good evening Tim; I am the owner of a 2001 Windsor, so cannot speak with any experience with your 08 Dynasty, except the Dynasty is my favorite coach. By any chance in the big folder with all the info on the coach, I call it the Monaco Box, is there a build sheet in there? The build sheet has all the info on what was installed on the coach at the time of when it was built. Lots of info on the build sheet. It that sheet is not in there you can call Monaco and ask them to email it to you. All you need it the coach Vin. number. Do not know if Monaco still does this service but you could call and see what info you can get. The build sheet will show what gen. was installed at the factory.

Have you checked the 08 Dynasty brochure to see if they show the Aladdin system for that year? I am not sure what year the Aladdin system was not used anymore. Hope this info helps some and an owner of an 08 responds to your post. Hve a great weekend!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 10:38 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Is this a 40' Dynasty !

All Monaco 42-45' coaches, with 3 heat pumps came with at least the 10KW gen. (or so I thought)
Old 11-18-2022, 10:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingsx View Post
So, I purchased a 2008 Monaco Dynasty Yorkshire IV recently, my first coach ever . Been using a 5th wheel up until now. Anyway, according to the brochure and based on every 2008 Dynasty Coach I looked at, they ALL came with a 10,000 Watt Onan Diesel Generator, right?, Well not mine! Mine came with an 8,100 Watt Onan Diesel Generator (8HQDPA-5480B)! It does not have an hour meter on the Generator itself, but it does on the Monitor/Control panel.

Anyone know any history on this?

Next strange issue, This coach does not appear to have any kind of Aladdin System. While it has cameras and autofil and other features common with Aladdin, there is no evidence of it ever having Aladdin. Anyway, any Monaco history buffs out there, I would love to get your take on this.

Thanks,

Tim
My 2006 Dynasty has the Aladdin as standard on the build sheet. It is now Silverleaf since the Aladdin died. From what I see the Generator watts is tied to the number of AC units. If the coach has Two ACs you will have an 8K Onan and 3 AC units will have a 10K Gen.
Old 11-19-2022, 07:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Good evening Tim; I am the owner of a 2001 Windsor, so cannot speak with any experience with your 08 Dynasty, except the Dynasty is my favorite coach. By any chance in the big folder with all the info on the coach, I call it the Monaco Box, is there a build sheet in there? The build sheet has all the info on what was installed on the coach at the time of when it was built. Lots of info on the build sheet. It that sheet is not in there you can call Monaco and ask them to email it to you. All you need it the coach Vin. number. Do not know if Monaco still does this service but you could call and see what info you can get. The build sheet will show what gen. was installed at the factory.

Have you checked the 08 Dynasty brochure to see if they show the Aladdin system for that year? I am not sure what year the Aladdin system was not used anymore. Hope this info helps some and an owner of an 08 responds to your post. Hve a great weekend!
Yes, I have the build sheet which I attached here. It clearly shows 3 AC units and 1 8K Onan Generator. It's definetly a bit puzzling!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Monaco Vehicle Data Card.pdf (131.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 11-19-2022, 07:22 AM   #6

Hi, based upon the 2008 Monaco Dynasty brochure, your Yorkshire should have come with the Onan 10KW generator as standard. The Yorkshire is 45’ and has 3 AC units. I’m not sure why it has the 8KW? I’m guessing it was either special ordered or replaced over the years. In regard to the Aladdin, it’s interesting as it is not listed anywhere in the brochure where it lists the standard features and optional upgrades. It just mentions that it has “Multiplex 12V wiring for dash/instrument panel gauges and interior of coach”. It doesn’t say it has any system, just the wiring. I’m guessing that by ‘08, they started to phase it out. My ‘07 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45’ came with an upgraded 12.5KW generator and the Aladdin was standard. As noted in a previous post, you might email REV with your VIN and ask for the build sheet. It’s sort of hit and miss…they may or may not respond to you but if so, you’ll be able to see exactly what your coach came with. It’s very helpful to have in my opinion. Looks like a great, loaded coach otherwise per the brochure. Good luck!
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 07:27 AM   #7

I have the build sheet, it clearly came with 8K. When I first realized the Generator was only 8K I figured it was replaced as well, but according to build sheet it is original.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Monaco Vehicle Data Card.pdf (131.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 11-19-2022, 09:15 AM   #8

Yep, that's definitely a head scratcher!
Old 11-19-2022, 10:16 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Just curious, what is the build date?
jdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 10:40 AM   #10

If it was a late 2008 build date maybe recession related budget cut
Old 11-19-2022, 11:24 AM   #11

Hi Leadingsx: What Bubby124 mentioned in his post was in the back of my mind when responding Tim's question. Could have been the time when Monaco was starting to run into troubles in the RV market. Also wondering if the 10K gen. was not available at the time of build and Monaco did not want to set the coach aside and wait for a 10K gen. so put in what was on the floor at time of build???? Who knows!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 11:43 AM   #12

Another oddity from your build sheet..... They bolted a Allison MD4000 to your ISL400 !
Old 11-19-2022, 11:45 AM   #13

2008 was when Monaco was teetering on Bankruptcy and ultimately was acquired by Navistar in 2009. Near the end they were basically grabbing any component in the warehouse and assembling rigs as best they could. They likely had an abundance of the smaller generators or a shortage of the larger ones. If it was the latter, they probably saved them for Executive models still in production. Be thankful you got a pre Navistar rig even with a smaller generator. Those Navistar era rigs were apparently a nightmare.
Bigceasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 01:55 PM   #14

According to the sales brochure for your model, it does have the proper transmission, just the wrong engine !

Tags
monaco dynasty, monaco