Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Mike,
Figured Paul was sitting around getting pretty cold in his coach and we are making guesses (somewhat educated) as to his aqua-hot problem.

My guess is that Berke would have already diagnosed the problem and the fix by now and Paul would have his heat.

Guess that is why we have repeated his need to get on that website and it does take more than one recommendation if no action is taken on the first two. Just my .02 worth.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I now only recommend solutions to people one time.

As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but if he ain't thirsty there's no way he will ever drink the water.

If I try more than once, then I am slapped with the "Grumpy Old Man" label.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #17

Paul is a pretty savvy guy on his mh and system analysis. If he wanted to go to Roger right away then he would do it and would not have to be told especially four times. Maybe people are just trying to increase their post count for some reason.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
mike,
probably a dumb question, but what is the benefit of increasing your post count? Is there some reward that I am not aware of?
Old 11-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #19
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I thought pump #3 was the stir pump that would start whenever the burner fired, at least mine is. I had to replace my stir pump when this similar situation occured. Roger sent me an upgraded Cooper stir pump.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #20

Bob, maybe on your later model it is pump 3 but Pump #2 is the stir pump on Paul's and mine which is the bathroom zone 2.

Barlow 46, I have noticed over the years that some people just post just to get on the boards because they either don't read what has already been posted and say the same thing over and over again or give advice on a system they know absolutely nothing about that is not even on the same make mh and does not have the same system. I can think of no other reason than trying to get a higher post count. You have been on the forum a long time so you have to have seen that also.

Maybe I am also getting to be a Grumpy Ole Man
Old 11-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Know what you mean Mike about some posters who have no clue and have read nothing about the thread prior to posting. Every once in a while, when I have lost my patience, I will respond with a "chippy" answer. I think I would be happy to join you as a "Grumpy Ole Man" at times………at least I could relinquish my "curmudgeon" title around the house.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #22
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Bob, maybe on your later model it is pump 3 but Pump #2 is the stir pump on Paul's and mine which is the bathroom zone 2.

Barlow 46, I have noticed over the years that some people just post just to get on the boards because they either don't read what has already been posted and say the same thing over and over again or give advice on a system they know absolutely nothing about that is not even on the same make mh and does not have the same system. I can think of no other reason than trying to get a higher post count. You have been on the forum a long time so you have to have seen that also.

Maybe I am also getting to be a Grumpy Ole Man
Oh Ok my bad I'm sorry
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #23

Thanks for the info and suggestions. We are back home now. In a strange way because it was very cold it wasn't that big a deal - every time the furnace lit we got heat in the front, and the furnace had to light pretty often so it never got too bad!

Mike, that was a nasty surprise. Here beside the Rockies the weather forecast can change in a hurry, so I should know better. No boots, didn't even bring an ice scraper! Lucky for me there was an agriculture show the next day and the place was full of equipment and they had some steam cleaning guys washing the machines so I gave one $30 and he cleaned the ice off my slide out awnings or I'd have been hours trying to get the snow and ice off and get them closed. It is about 100 miles from Red Deer to Calgary and on the way home on Sunday we saw 17 vehicles in the ditch. Don't know how many were towed out in the hours before we got there.

I have signed up for Roger's site and been in touch with Aquahot (got a real reply on a Sunday!). It may be that pump 3 is the stir pump because it does come on every time the furnace lights. I just need a proper explanation about how the heating zones, heating loops, zones on the board, pump lights on the board, and the actual pumps are supposed to work.

There is a lot of stuff going on and to catch and note every case is really hard. I'll post what I finally figure out.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by distaff View Post
Mike,

Did your pump start every time the burner fired? What I have now observed (had to spend some time in the coach in cold weather to see it. I'll try and send you a picture later - you will appreciated it being up in Maine now.

The pump will be still, and the pump light on the board will be out, until the burner fires and then the light comes on and the pump starts. That does not sound like a sticky valve to me. When the pump starts moving we get heat.

I did try tapping the valve the last time I was having this problem with no success.

Sadly, these things have MANY ways to not work as intended.
Does pump #3 come on with the burner even tho you have the furnace function for that sone turned off? Check it that way and with the temp in that zone set so that it isn't supposed to come on, say a very low temp. Then see if the pump runs whenever the burner is on or only when the burner is on and heat is called for. Sure sounds like something in the controller to me. A point of clarification, pump #2 circulates hot water thru the bay heat exchanger and the bathroom exchanger. While the AH unit is on it functions as a stir pump running all the time. When heat is called for in the bath or bay the controller turns on the required fans.
Ron
Old 11-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusherpilot View Post
Does pump #3 come on with the burner even tho you have the furnace function for that sone turned off? Check it that way and with the temp in that zone set so that it isn't supposed to come on, say a very low temp. Then see if the pump runs whenever the burner is on or only when the burner is on and heat is called for. Sure sounds like something in the controller to me. A point of clarification, pump #2 circulates hot water thru the bay heat exchanger and the bathroom exchanger. While the AH unit is on it functions as a stir pump running all the time. When heat is called for in the bath or bay the controller turns on the required fans.
Ron
Ron,

I don't think I checked to see if #3 came on with the burner but with the living room/kitchen off (or not calling for heat). There are a lot of different scenarios to think of and I didn't think of that.

BTW, Mike Canter also suggested that pump 2 is the stir pump, and the AH service manual says that pump 2 supplies both the wet bay and the bathroom, and as the documentation describes it, the wet bay is a different heat zone and I assume that means it has its own thermostat and settings but on the board I don't have a zone for that. This makes me think that the "Zones" on the board correspond to what the documentation calls "Loops".

From what AH have told me the stir pump is supposed to be pump 3. In any case after the sudden snow storm we got home but the coach was covered in road ice - so much that the steps were stuck - and we had a cold snap coming in last night so I had to spend the day getting it to an RV wash, steaming off the ice, dumping it, and winterizing it so I didn't have more time for it. I may get time today, if not later this week.

I do feel like I'm getting closer to an answer.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #26

AH told me my stir pump was Number 2 which goes to my bathroom and I have checked it in my Sig and that is correct. Pump 2 is always on if the AH is turned on so the bathroom is always too hot. If pump 3 was the stir pump on heating loop 3 then my living room and kitchen would be too hot all the time. As far as the wet bay it is on Heating Loop 2, Pump 2 (because the pump is on all the time) and I have a separate thermostat in the basement for that. Normally that is set at 46* but when in winter storage with no heat on but plugged into shore power I turn it off because the fan will run all the time trying to heat the bay up. Something to remember if on just batteries because it will run down the batteries.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by distaff View Post
Ron,

I don't think I checked to see if #3 came on with the burner but with the living room/kitchen off (or not calling for heat). There are a lot of different scenarios to think of and I didn't think of that.

BTW, Mike Canter also suggested that pump 2 is the stir pump, and the AH service manual says that pump 2 supplies both the wet bay and the bathroom, and as the documentation describes it, the wet bay is a different heat zone and I assume that means it has its own thermostat and settings but on the board I don't have a zone for that. This makes me think that the "Zones" on the board correspond to what the documentation calls "Loops".

From what AH have told me the stir pump is supposed to be pump 3. In any case after the sudden snow storm we got home but the coach was covered in road ice - so much that the steps were stuck - and we had a cold snap coming in last night so I had to spend the day getting it to an RV wash, steaming off the ice, dumping it, and winterizing it so I didn't have more time for it. I may get time today, if not later this week.

I do feel like I'm getting closer to an answer.
Now to make it more confusing, there is a jumper on the AH control bd on my unit, a 100 04 like yours. I don't remember what it did but I think it is supposed to change the function of one of the pumps. I'd have to go read the shop manual again for sure.
Ron
Old 11-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusherpilot View Post
Now to make it more confusing, there is a jumper on the AH control bd on my unit, a 100 04 like yours. I don't remember what it did but I think it is supposed to change the function of one of the pumps. I'd have to go read the shop manual again for sure.
Ron
Mr. Berke sent me this, won't have a chance to look at it until later in the week, but it relates to the jumpers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Electronic Controller Jumper Pin Formation.pdf (321.7 KB, 55 views)