Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2006, 04:27 AM   #1

Good morning,
Raining in Southern Indiana and it reminds me of a problem we've had with this motorhome since we bought it. Anyone else with a Ambassador or any other Monaco ever have this symptom.
Whenever it rains and I'm driving I will start getting a methodical beeping noise from one of the warning tones.
Had the Holiday Rambler service center in Wakarusa look at it while I was having warranty work done and they thouhgt it was a air system connection going to ground when it got wet.
Well of course it wasn't rainng as I drove home and you guessed it with the next rainy drive I still have it.
Called the help line and they said its a oil sending unit connection thats going to ground when it get wet. I've sealed around the oil sending units terminals on the engine and any other thing I can find exposed that might be goin to ground. I tell you it gets really annoying if you have to drive in rain for very long. I know I have seen a few posts somewhere where others have had this problem but sure would like to hear from someone that has had the problem and what they did specifically to fix it.
I'm going for a drive today to lubricate up all the moving parts and its raining as I said so I'l post back if I still have it or if I got lucky and sealed the culprit last go around.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2006, 04:27 AM   #2

Good morning,
Raining in Southern Indiana and it reminds me of a problem we've had with this motorhome since we bought it. Anyone else with a Ambassador or any other Monaco ever have this symptom.
Whenever it rains and I'm driving I will start getting a methodical beeping noise from one of the warning tones.
Had the Holiday Rambler service center in Wakarusa look at it while I was having warranty work done and they thouhgt it was a air system connection going to ground when it got wet.
Well of course it wasn't rainng as I drove home and you guessed it with the next rainy drive I still have it.
Called the help line and they said its a oil sending unit connection thats going to ground when it get wet. I've sealed around the oil sending units terminals on the engine and any other thing I can find exposed that might be goin to ground. I tell you it gets really annoying if you have to drive in rain for very long. I know I have seen a few posts somewhere where others have had this problem but sure would like to hear from someone that has had the problem and what they did specifically to fix it.
I'm going for a drive today to lubricate up all the moving parts and its raining as I said so I'l post back if I still have it or if I got lucky and sealed the culprit last go around.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:45 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi -

I know it won't help fix your problem, but if there's comfort in numbers, I have/had the same thing happen to me at different times. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it ain't. Was told by Monaco-tech the same thing about the cause, and they said to bring it in when it's raining so they can work on it. Well, if I could either make it rain on cue or guarantee when it WOULD rain, I sure would be in a lot better financial-position than I am now!

I also have my ATC/ABS lites do the same thing when I stop and then restart (like taking a rest-area break) after driving in the rain. No idea if it's just the lites that are affected or if it actually is the circuits themselves. Monaco will be getting another chance to puzzle that one out next month in Wildwood.

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:44 AM   #4

I had the same problem on mine, 2005 Diplomat w/ISL. It was the oil pressure sending unit wires. I removed the wires and cleaned the connections. After I reinstalled thge wires I coated them with liquid electrical tape (I know, it might be a pain later to remove them). Haven't had a problems since.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:43 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hey loranimal -

Well, after contorting myself and my droplite into engine-spaces I never thought we'd fit, I still haven't found the location of my oil sender. I'd like to follow your example and redo my wires, too. Could you please aim your light up there and point to it for me?

... ahhh, still can't see it. Just a bit to the right, you say? Is that it?

Thanks!
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #6

Well I didn't get to go for that drive in the rain yesterday so I don't know if I've solved the problem or not.
Here is where I think the oil sending unit is on my ISC 330. At least thats what I sealed so I'm hoping thats it. Its on the drivers side of the engine about half way up the block. Down just below and aft of the exhaust brake and I can get to the unit by reaching from either underneath or by taking one of the engine hatches off from the inside. It has two terminals with a wire attached to each.
Funny thing is I sealed it before heading out West in Mid September for a 2 1/2 week vacation and I kid you not we didn't have one drop of rain the entire trip. 3700 miles, three time zones, five national parks, 2 national monuments, Sedonna, Las Vegas and back across the Rockies without so much as a sprinkle.
Been to Gatlinburg TN since and still didn't have any rain while traveling. Almost makes a guy wish for a little rain which sounds strange.
Keep you posted.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:47 PM   #7

ronboc: on the ISL, it is located on the pass side right above the starter. It has knurled knobs with two wires going to it. It is not the same sending unit as used by Cummins to monitor engine functions. It is only used by the Monaco alarm monitor. That is why you get the dash alarm, but no type of engine faults.

Hope this helps.

Carl
Old 10-30-2006, 02:48 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Awesome, guys. Thanks!
Now to move the fire-ant mounds out of the way and I'll wriggle under there again.

Heck, I might even look for Flyer's ABS/ATC connector while I'm getting stung.

Ron