RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Warning but what?

I appreciate the complexity of the HM's systems but OMG. When I start the coach I get an audible alarm but I cannot tell what it is trying to tell me to check. It lasts a couple of minutes then stops. With my poor hearing I cannot figure out exactly where it is coming from other than behind the dash or forward inside the side console somewhere.

I know it is not the PG hydr levelers as that alarm sounds different and lights up the leveling panel. I don't think it is the low air alarm as the alarm continues way past the warning light going out and both gauges are above 75psi (When preparing to depart CG after dumping air suspension). Not the TAG up reminder alarm. No dash warning lights indicating a problem, nothing appears out of spec on the aladin display.

Thoughts?
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
When we start our up the warning buzzer we hear is connected with the low air sound. It lets you know that the air pressure is not up to minimums yet. It goes off when the air pressure goes up. Check the gauges and the warning lights. I would almost bet that's what it is.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Had a similar problem. Got some good clues from this and other forums. In my case the air pressure switch on the parking brake was bad, just like the forum said. It alarms but doesn't say where. Mine was intermittent and sometimes long sounding. There is no test for the switch. It just has to replaced. It is also a bear to get to. It was mounted near the knob but UNDER the panel the park brake is mounted to. I got mine from Veurink RV online. Don't remember the exact cost but was about ~ $75 as I try to recall. Solved my mysterious alarms. Kind of a well known problem.
Good luck and safe travels!
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
It sounds like the low air pressure warning is going off. They should turn on at 60 psi or below. It is not uncommon for them to come on 20 plus or minus psi. It you pump down the brakes when does it come on?
Old 10-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #5

Is the suspension air (RR10S chasis) different than the brake air? As I mentioned in the OP, the LOW AIR lamp goes out and the both gauges read above 75psi and the alarm still sounds. It does shut off after a few minutes but is annoying to me not to know (and really annoying to the dogs' ears).
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Once the alarm stops (it'll be higher than the 75psi you mentioned previously), pump the brakes until it comes back on. I think you'll find it is the low air warning that always comes on when starting after sitting for a while. Hearing the alarm is good when starting... it just tells you to sit still until you're up to pressure. If you hear the alarm while driving, get off the road and stop.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Try spending the night without dumping the air bags. See if the alarm still sounds in the morning before leaving.
Wingman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Pumping the brakes while the engine is running and timing how long the it takes for the tank to refill is a test that any owner with a MH that has air brakes should do regularly. If you do this and listen to see if it is the same warning sound it will go a long way toward determining where the sound is coming from.
If the air compressor does not respond (refill the system) within a prescribed period of time you should find what the cause is for your safety and others. I see that you are driving a 2006 model MH. Mine came with a manual that explained the air brakes and what the warning buzzers mean. If you do not have a manual there is a good chance that you can get one online.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I would vote for the Park Brake switch. If the alarm starts when you put th MH into gear that is a good indication it is the Park Brake switch.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote