Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #1

Warning Buzzer

I have a 2004 Monaco Windsor with a Cummings Diesel. When I put it in gear I get an interminant warning buzzer but no warning lights on the dash. When I put it back in neutral the buzzer goes off. I have opened closed and locked all doors, Cycled the slides, made sure the antenna in down. The air levelers are in the travel mode. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what will fix this problem?
nooner11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Try ,the leveling jacks fluid level.

LEN
Old 11-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Often times when I pull out I get a loud beeper going off. Happened soon after I got the M/H and took it back to Lazy Days and they replaced sensor in jack reservoir. That stopped it. Now every so often it will beep for several miles then go off.
I also have a warning for up antenna. "Hey stupid you left the antenna up again" It repeats itself over and over. I do not own a gun !!! YET...
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is the parking brake still set? With many transmissions, if you are in drive or reverse for more than a few seconds with the brake set, you'll get an alarm. When you put that bad boy in gear, it wants to go somewhere - not strain against the brake. I doubt it is the leveling resevoir thing. You'll get that alarm regardless of the transmission setting - it's tied to the ignition switch.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #5

Parking brake sensor just below parking brake switch. That's why it goes off in Neutral...do a search on the sensor and there are plenty of threads and links to the part...
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #6

Check the fluid level in your levler. The "parking brake switch" is N/A for your DP. When mine was low, the lights on the levler panal would flash when the buzzer went off. Hope this helps.
ArmyEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:26 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLYLEN View Post
Try ,the leveling jacks fluid level.

LEN
+1 Had this happen the other day. Checked the levelers and the were 100% retracted. Checked the fluid and it was 8 oz low and the alarm went away.
SpursMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
nooner11......bullydogs1 is right on the money. The next time you put it in gear and the beeping occurs, pull the parking brake knob and press it down very firmly. The alarm should stop. You may have to do it a couple fo times.

The parking brake knob is a brass valve with air lines running to it. At the base of the valve is a switch screwed into the valve. You will need to disassemble your side panel and take the exact numbers off of the switch.

Here is a link to the company that makes the switch Nason : Custom Switch Solution . As you look through their catalog, you'll see that the number on the switch indicates many variables in the switch design and operation.

I haven't been motivated enough to replace the switch. I don't even know if Nason will sell the switch directly to you. I disassembled mine and cleaned it with electronic spray cleaner. This helped alot, but didn't solve the issue.

Note*** The alarm will occasionally sound while you're driving with no lights or warning. It will scare the begeezers out of you. I now cover the entire shift panel (panel next to your left leg) with a towel when not in use. I found that the switches are more susceptible to dirt since they are facing upward. The dirt issue caused a couple of my jack up and down switches to go bad.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dip Don and Nooner11,
My Dip's "the brake is on" alarm occurs occasionally as well.

My owner's manual is in storage with the RV as I write this, but I recall reading something like an "imbalance" occurs in the park-brake air system (not sure about the "imbalance" word). But when I discovered that engaging, then disengaging, the parking brake was not a reliable way to clear/silence the alarm, I also read that the "imbalance" would correct itself. So, if no other distractions are occurring at the time, I go ahead with my driving ... and reliably, the alarm stops within 5 to 15 seconds of driving.

BTW, that alarm is so da__ loud that I took a rubber membrane and covered 99% of the alarm speaker grill (under the dash). The alarm is still quite audible, but having applied this muffling technique, I don't lose my teeth fillings anymore when it goes off.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Hello - in my 2002 Windsor, this is the same module that alerts you to low air, in addition to the parking brake/neutral condition. I thought about muffling the 'speaker' but decided against it.

Alan
02 Windsor PKD
Beaverton, Oregon
str8six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Alan,
I do respect the significance of this alarm. Even with my "cover job", you're definitely aware if the alarm is sounding. I took it down from really, really, really loud to just loud.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I had the same problem. REX suggested replacing the parking brake air switch. He has a thread on here with the order info. It was an easy job and curred the problem. Good luck.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:26 PM   #13

I had the same problem and it took me about a year to determine what was the cause. I do not like to replace parts unless I am certain that will resolve the issue.

I found that the park brake sensor which is mounted below the park brake valve (mounted in console on drivers side). The part was not expensive from Monaco, $45.00 plus fright. Took about 30 minutes to replace.

Coach 2004 Endeavor 40 PDQ
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote