Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2021, 05:00 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Washer/Dryer nightmare

Recently purchased a impeccably kept (I think?) 2003 Monaco Executive 40DS. Had a great first weekend but noticed a few of the valves on the manifold were off. Seller said there was a small leak in the washer dryer cold water valve. I diagnosed it, and seems to be a bad valve and not connection so for the time being I tied into the bathroom water supply. Last night I noticed water dripping outside onto the tire, I looked up and the water seemed to be seeping through the floor. We stopped using the W/D and only turned the water pump on when necessary for flushing and the sink. Woke up this morning and the whole W/D tub was full of water. Does anyone know how to pull the W/D out of the cabinet, is there a trick to it, it appears I have to remove the doors and latches but there's a small carpeted bar of some sort that appears to be to high to get over.
Thanks in advance for any help
Pete
optionguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2021, 05:15 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
There will be a couple of screws holding that carpeted wooden bar to the floor. Their heads will be hidden due to being driven right through the carpet.

Once the carpeted bar is removed, it will likely expose two small sheet metal 90 degree brackets screwed to the washer and to the floor. Remove the brackets and the washer should be ready to be slid out.
Old 06-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats on the new rig!

Our 2002 Windsor has a large access panel in the end of the closet next to the W/D. I can remove this panel and slide the W/D out into the closet for service.

Our W/D fills up with water after sitting unused for a while. I think that has to be a defective water valve. I bought two new ones but haven't installed them yet.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:57 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, I removed both the cabinet doors and the bar in front. A good cordless drill/driver is your best friend! You may need a square drive bit for some items.
Then it slides out. Our washer was very heavy so I used a Harbor Freight furniture dolly to support the washer while working in the compartment.
Best of luck!
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:17 AM   #5

Had same issue . I had only a carpeted brace you spoke of no extra screws. Removed all you said. Change washers to hoses or pex swivel fittings while in there as well. Use fans and dehumidifier and or ACs to dry out for a few days.
I was going to just leave manifold valves off but cold is only shared valve on whole coach. Also don't trust the labels on manifold unless you confirm all . I think only one or two were right on mine. You may need new dryer hose as well . I bought flex aluminum one, cut in half or so.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Had same issue . I had only a carpeted brace you spoke of no extra screws. Removed all you said. Change washers to hoses or pex swivel fittings while in there as well. Use fans and dehumidifier and or ACs to dry out for a few days.
I was going to just leave manifold valves off but cold is only shared valve on whole coach. Also don't trust the labels on manifold unless you confirm all . I think only one or two were right on mine. You may need new dryer hose as well . I bought flex aluminum one, cut in half or so.

Put a shop vac on the discharge hose with some duct tape and remove all the water fires this way it's way lighter and less chance of big spill
straycatboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:28 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Just dealt with this on my 2001 Splendide 2000 WD 802 M

The two fill valves (hot and cold) get debris in them over time (especially the hot) and will not close when told to by the pressure switch.
If the drum is filling it’s a bad valve.
I’d suggest people unhook the lines and pull the screen with needle nose and clean it if it’s older.

There may be a carpeted hatch in the cabinet above the unit (if combo). There is on mine.
You can actually unplug the unit. Remove the 4 screws holding the top on and push the top backwards then up and forward.
You can then change the valves without removing the unit. That’s how I changed the hot valve and fixed the drum filling with water issue.

The drip above the tire is likely from the water pan the unit sits in and is likely the water pump not the valves.
Mine has a tube that runs from the back left of the water pan to above the passenger drive wheel. You can use a shop vac to suck out the water from that drain tube. You can stick a qtip in the front of the pan to see if it has water in it.

Your source of a leak is likely the water pump in the back bottom right. You will be able to observe this leak once you get the top off.

They don’t make the valves for the older WD892m model 2000 splendide anymore but the Samsung valves work fine.
Hot is DC62-30314k
Cold is DC62-30312j
Both available on amazon.

They don’t make the water pump anymore but they do sell a pump gasket kit for $17. You can get the gasket kit from splendide (part 116590746g)
The gasket requires removal of the machine since the two 8mm bolts holding the water pump are accessible from the bottom.

I was lucky enough to have both a stuck fill valve AND a leaking water pump

Anyone know what the foam is the seal the drain tube of the machine into the hole??? Time to pull the machine for a new pump gasket.
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:04 AM   #8

Yeah you are not moving it full, it's hard enough empty on the carpet with the indentations in carpet . If it's still full and water sensor is working it should pump out if you turn it on and right off at the timer . Actually I just a bumped of agitator drum over turning it on and it created a siphon that emptied 80% the day I had the issue. I found mine will run the pump again as it shut cycle to off/end at timer.
Old 06-26-2021, 10:21 AM   #9

Just replaced my combo washer, looks like our coaches are almost identical, I turned both hot and cold off at manifold, as previously said removed both louvered doors, disconnected water lines and unplugged unit through closet access door.

I was lucky washer was not bolted down, tilted unit back and pulled it over carpet ridge at bottom, from there continued to slide forward onto a small harbor freight dolly which I had a placed a short 4 x6 block on to raise close to washer height, you will need to raise your bed to top position to allow in and out of washer.

Unit is heavy, 155 lbs with no grab handles, I removed top to make it easier to handle. No problem with rolling washer to front door, I did have to remove 4 bolts from passenger seat to allow exit, did not remove any grab bars, went out with plenty of clearance.

Did have to remove 4 screws from front door to allow door to swing full open.
All this was by myself with DW handing me tools. I did use a forklift to get washer in and out. Purchased new unit on line for $1377.00 included tax and freight.

I was surprised to see that Monaco had installed fiberglass drain pan that drains under coach, if you have this you may want to blow out drain line when unit is out.
Good luck.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 01:19 PM   #10

Basically the only drain pan that fits is iffy at best. I was pretty close the making my own out of meatal or glass in place.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:26 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Slow and steady wins the race with removing the unit. That lip on the front is part of a plan that has a drain tube attached to it. As someone else mentioned, get the tub drained of water before looking to start anything. The clearances are very tight so mind your finger tips and just go slow. We found having a few blocks of wood helpful to be able to pull it straight out all the way before trying to heave ho it any further. Take the sheets off the bed if that is any where near its location as well and a pad or something soft if you have hard tile in the area as well.
Old 06-30-2021, 12:02 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you all for the responses. I have taken a few of the suggestions and I have also ordered a bunch of replacement valves for the Manabloc system. I'm still shocked how much water the washer uses but at least I haven't had any more leaks (knock on wood).
optionguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:45 PM   #13

Good luck with stopping your washer/dryer leaks, I would keep a close eye on it since it is 18 years old if it is original to coach.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:06 PM   #14

Washer/dryer combo

We had one of those combo units in our 2004 HR endeavor. We have not used it at all and just paid a good amount of money to have it removed. We can better use the storage space. It’s sitting in the garage free to the first one to come get it!

Rv safe
Scooter
Scooter363y is offline   Reply With Quote