RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Washer removal

We have a 2006 HR Endevor and the stupid vent hose for our Splendede 2100 fell off.
I took the vent cover off the curb side thinking I could reattatch the hose like at the stick house--won't work.
I have decided the best course of action would be to remove the washer/dryer and reattach the hose but then either there would be an excessive amount of vent hose needed to attach the hose to the outlet and the sidewall exaust .
Surley This has happened to someone else, if so how did you fix the problem ?
How heavy is that thing ? is it a one man job or a small army ?

Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I have a combo unit and the same thing happened. I slipped my head inside the cabinet and wiggled the hose back onto the vent housing until it stayed. I then wrapped it with duck tape. What a pain it was for sure. I don't know how else to do it without removing the unit(s). Good luck.

20016 - Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite - 26BHS travel trailer
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I had to replace the vent hose on our 2005 Ambassador. I was like you, and even pulled the unit out trying to figure out the solution. I finally realized the shelf above the unit was held in with (I think 4 screws). Removed them and the shelf lifted out. I could then access the rear of the unit with no problem.
roscoesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have a QuietLine wash/dry system that I removed and don't need anymore. It came out of our 2001 HR which we picked up last summer. Never used it and it looks brand new. Using the space for a small refrigerator because our Norcold won't cool on AC and i don't trust running it on LP - heard too many "fire" stories for my comfort level. (we need fresh food more than clean clothes every morning)... :-)

I anyone knows anybody in the mid-Atlantic area that needs one please send me a private message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3657259092.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	423.8 KB
ID:	36058  
broadrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #5

broadrun: Are you aware that many of the fires start when using the electric element?. According to what I have read the fires start right close to the element????
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #6

I had to take my washer/dryer combo out of the cabinet to work on it and I had to take the shelf out that is above the washer to get the hose back on. My washer/dryer combo was mfd. in Spain and it weighs 167 pounds. I made a shelf to slide the washer out all the way to work on it. I was getting ready to go buy a new machine but looked at everything I could and didn't find any obvious things and finally pulled the circuit board and saw where it had spit some solder out of a relay solder joint on the circuit board itself. I got my solder gun out and re-soldered 2 points and put everything back together and it worked fine. This machine is vented and we wash everything except for the bed spread cover. I know a lot of owners curse these machines but if I had to go back to using a pay laundry I would quit this RV stuff. George 2001 Diplomat PBD running a 200 amp Delco alternator for the last 2 years.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
broadrun: Are you aware that many of the fires start when using the electric element?. According to what I have read the fires start right close to the element????
Have not heard that but will do some research. Thanks.

I have my small frig connected to the outlet that runs the microwave because that it one is hooked up to the inverter and works while rolling down the highway.

broadrun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal