Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2019, 11:32 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Exclamation Washer Rocking & Rolling !

Hey guys!

Is there any way to anchor that washer and dryer so that it's not always trying to rock through the walls? It really shakes!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191110_210836608.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	266484  
BobJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2019, 05:04 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Check the screws on the brackets holding both appliances. Make sure they are tight.

I got a tip from a poster here to place styrofoam pool noodles between the wall and the washer. I did this and the vibration has lessened.

My dryer doesn’t vibrate the coach but the washer does, when it starts the spin cycle. Otherwise, I don’t experience much vibration.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:22 AM   #3

Is there a chance the shipping bolts the support the suspension of the guts to cabinet were not removed.Had to remove these bolts/spacers on my last two front loaders. Your exact model I'm not sure of. Some times the self leveling system on some models will get in a bind and no do its job.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:30 AM   #4

On ours, the feet are adjustable for level. Mine did the funky chicken and found one leg was not touching the floor. Re-leveled and problem reduced. They are angry machines when spinning hahahaha.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #5

We use only the lower spin speed for that reason.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #6

Bob-

See this post (and thread).

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/an-ef...ml#post4895685

I have no idea if the brackets mentioned fit your Splendide.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Cant tell from your picture, but do you have a couple of 'Z' shaped spring steel brackets screwed into the top of the machine, and bottom of the dryer cabinet?
Old 11-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Noodle material is easiest and lets the machine do it's thing without transmitting vibrations. Hard mounts capture all that energy and shake internal parts harder.

JMHO...old Chinook pilot, we know vibrations

Happy Veterans Day to all .
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:17 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We had the same problem with our Splendide 2000 W/D. Two things pretty much solved the problem.

Ours had carpet under the unit which I removed. I found out the Splendide makes brackets to anchor the front feet to the floor. https://www.campingworld.com/splendi...BoCEM4QAvD_BwE The front feet on the unit are adjustable. I used these to level it side-to-side and front-to-back, then installed the brackets.

That solved most of the shaking, but we found that running it with a small load will cause extreme shaking! Much better to put in what you might consider to be too large a load!

Hope this helps!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:35 PM   #10

Mine has metal brackets that attach to the top back of the machine to the back wall. Pulled out of the machine and the wall. I put a 1x4 across the back wall and secured it in several placeses and secured the machine to that. You can remove the shelf above it for access
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:02 AM   #11

As has been noted in some of the above comments, you want to isolate the machine from the MH. Solid anchors just transmit the vibration to the rest of the MH. Using those foam worms/anti-vibration bolts are really the only thing that will help. Not wanting the W/D to fly to the front during braking is a concern so replacing the leveling bolt/feet with anchors is really the only solution. Big job and I took the advice and use only medium spin. Still vibrates the MH but less the full spin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	isolation.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	266636  
Old 11-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your advice!

It rained last night and I'm going to have to go back to looking at the slide out leak

I woke up this morning and the carpet is soaked and even the couch is soaked. Pretty sure I'm going to give up and just put the slide back in on a permanent basis
Old 11-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #13
YC1

I cut a board to fit over the top, filling to the sides. Using some anti slip material beneath the board and on top of the washer so when the board is fastened down hard things down squeak.

With the board sitting on top I installed a shelf support board. Just a 1x2 along the top edge of the board. It is not on the bottom of the board as a shelf support would be, but along the top edge. I lifted the shelf up on one edge a fraction of an inch, then installed the first shelf support on one the low end. Then pressing down on the other side I installed the second shelf support.

Clear as mud I know. A board on top pressed down on each ends. It holds very well. We full time and it gets a workout.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:26 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Finally, some success. On a lark (keep in mind I've been busy on the slide out leak and a broken water drain hose for the kitchen) I jammed a full size pool noodle on one side of the washer/dryer and a half a noodle on the other side and then put in a large throw rug and let 'er rip - complete with the spin set to high speed. This is a full size throw rug.....

Wow ! When it hit the high speed cycle the motorhome hardly moved. I went over and looked at the machine, it was oscillating very fast but I have to say, probably 90% of those oscillations were cancelled out with the noodles.

When I get a chance I'll center the machine so I can install two full thickness noodles on each side. I'm more then happy with the results - thank you all VERY much. If it can handle a high-speed spin on a large throw rug full of water then it can handle anything. Just super !!!