RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickshift View Post
On my Jayco, and then on my Travel Supreme 5er, i removed the stationary flush nozzle and installed one of these with excellent results. I was in there already, so only a few minutes more and I was done.
Tornado Permanent Tank Rinser with Remote Connection - Camco 40126 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World
EDIT: Just to clarify, I only used the rotating head and connected it to the existing PEX.......not the rest of the kit.
quickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #30

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have a 2014 H R Vacationer and I am having the same trouble with the black tank flush. Mine has the Kantleak system.
I have read the thread and most seem to apply to DP's and different systems if I'm reading correctly.

I do think it's the anti - siphon that I did not know about.
I looked under the bathroom sink and this is what I found. I will attach a picture and past that don't know what to do.
Do I need to open a fitting ?
Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140107_113108.png
Views:	197
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	53434
Rusty1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty1233 View Post
I have a 2014 H R Vacationer and I am having the same trouble with the black tank flush. Mine has the Kantleak system.
I have read the thread and most seem to apply to DP's and different systems if I'm reading correctly.

I do think it's the anti - siphon that I did not know about.
I looked under the bathroom sink and this is what I found. I will attach a picture and past that don't know what to do.
Do I need to open a fitting ?
Thanks

Attachment 53434
Rusty,

Than looks about like what is under my vanity sink and I now know is the vacuum breaker for the flush line. The red PEX threw me as the line down below is blue on each side of the tank.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #32

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
There is no back flow check valve in ours and the spray nozzle is located on the side of the tank opposite to the dump valve side
Some of back blow preventer and/or vacuum breaker is REQUIRED on those things.

The standard flusher is, strangly enough, called "The Flusher" and is nothing more than a sprinkler head.. There is no check valve in the head (just the vacuum breaker mounted above the tank.

here is what happens.

When you dump and flush the line is of course full of water. The Vacuum breaker admits air to the line so you get some back flow when you unhook the flush hose, but what you do not see is the line from the Vacuum breaker to "The Flusher" allowing the water in that line to drip into the black tank, Perhaps as much as half a cup, NOTE this is not a problem

BUT then the tank fills, now the pressure in the tank is great enough to force some "Contents" back through the small holes into the body of "The Flusher". and now it's clogged.

I replaced "The Flusher" with a "Tornado" which does a better job of rinsing and which has a spring check in the head. It has not (Several years) clogged.. Nor does it do a better job of spraying down the sensors.

For now, a garden hose held over the toilet while the flush gate is held open, or a bucket dumed down the thing, Every bit as good as "The Flusher"

A Want like the RV twister is better.

The Valterra Master Blaster better still but may not work with your RV.. My home made "Blaster" does.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
My black tank flush is also clogged. Took the floor out of from under my bath sink where the vacuum break is for the flush. I found that the pipes going to the vacuum breaker go behind the toilet. Looks like a real big job to pull the toilet out to get to the flush head mounted to the black tank. I'm not sure why it was mounted in such a hard place to get to. Anyone else run into this?
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:54 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
My black tank flush is also clogged. Took the floor out of from under my bath sink where the vacuum break is for the flush. I found that the pipes going to the vacuum breaker go behind the toilet. Looks like a real big job to pull the toilet out to get to the flush head mounted to the black tank. I'm not sure why it was mounted in such a hard place to get to. Anyone else run into this?
I would be real surprised if you had to remove any fixtures or cabinets inside the coach to get to the flusher head. Have you investigated to see if you have a swing up panel opposite of the service bay. They are usually fastened at the bottom of the coach with metal straps and screws. Many folks, myself included have installed latches to this panel to provide quick access. Here is a photo of our panel in the opened position:

Just to the left of the small cube heater is the flusher head mounted in the top of the black tank. The gray water tank is in front of the black tank and the fresh water tank is at the bottom. You must prop the panel up with a pole or broom.

Bob
Old 01-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bob.
Thanks for your reply. I already checked the opposite end of my black tank. No flush there. My black tank sits right under the toilet. The input for the tank flush goes into the rig and goes under the sink for the vacuum release then goes behind the toilet and attaches to the black tank. There is a wooden cover over the pipes. To get the wooden cover out the toilet has to come out. The way it is set up it's the only way they could do it. It's a 2001 diplomat 38A. I may disconnect the vacuum release valve and pour water down there to see if I can loosen up the debris and try to blow it out with compressed air. I'm not sure what else I can do without removing the toilet.
Any other thoughts?
Rick
Old 01-10-2014, 05:35 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
Hi Bob.
Thanks for your reply. I already checked the opposite end of my black tank. No flush there. My black tank sits right under the toilet. The input for the tank flush goes into the rig and goes under the sink for the vacuum release then goes behind the toilet and attaches to the black tank. There is a wooden cover over the pipes. To get the wooden cover out the toilet has to come out. The way it is set up it's the only way they could do it. It's a 2001 diplomat 38A. I may disconnect the vacuum release valve and pour water down there to see if I can loosen up the debris and try to blow it out with compressed air. I'm not sure what else I can do without removing the toilet.
Any other thoughts?
Rick
Rick,

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. The condition of our flush head when I took it out makes me think it will be hard to free the deposits from the holes without removing the flush head and drilling out the holes. You may achieve partial clearing using the soak and pressure method and that could delay the chore that I believe is inevitable. If you do remove the toilet to get at the flush head you might consider some sort of modification to allow future removal of the wood panel without removing the toilet. Chances are through that if you do drill out the holes on the flush head you will never have a problem with it clogging up again.

P.S. I believe you may have better luck if you leave the flush line connected and instead of pouring liquid down the flush line fill the tank all the way up with water until it starts to rise in the toilet. That will submerge the flush head in water. Allow it to soak for a few days and then drain down and apply water pressure to the flusher. The deposits fill the holes on the outside of the flush head and solidify. Just a thought.

Bob
Old 01-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Bob. I will try filling the tank first. Sounds like that might work.
I agree. If I do remove the toilet then I'll make it do I won't have to next time. There are other pipes down there so it would be a good to make the cover removable.
Rick
Old 01-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #38

Sorry to read about the problems. I had the same one last year. When we got home for a month I filled the tank completely. Then I added twice the amount of septic (orange) cleaner/ deorderizer and Joy soap. I left it for about two weeks then dumped the tank. At that time I hooked up the hose and was able to hear a very few of the nozzles spraying. I refilled the tank using the same procedure. I dumped about a week later and still had only a few of the nozzles working. After that I used the hose to flush every day while we traveled. In about two weeks everything was working again. I now use the flush every time I dump. Has worked well all summer and now while we are in Florida. PS: I was a coward and did not want to take the hoses apart!
Glen and Barb
2007 FR Georgetown 373 xl
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank