Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2022, 06:30 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
waste water flushing unit on a 2005 monarch 33se

can anyone tell me how to access the flushing shower for the waste water tank on my 2005 monaco monarch 33pbd.I think It is plugged and I want to clean it. thanks!
billy smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2022, 04:01 AM   #2

billy smith-

According to the 2005 Monarch brochure (link here), the toilet on the 33PBD is on the driver's side. You may (or may not) be able to see the end of the flush sprayer by looking down the toilet. Shut off the water to the toilet as you shine a flashlight down through the valve. Use a flashlight that has a wrist lanyard, and put the lanyard around your wrist.

On my 2008 HR Admiral (twin to the Monarch) bath is on the curb side and the flush pipe to the tank passed from the wet bay, up through the floor into the bathroom, under the sink to the anti-suction and check valves, then back through the floor to the tank. It entered the tank on the curb side. I suspect your coach is a mirror image of that.

The sad news is that the tank entrance and spray head may be behind a hard-to-remove plastic panel in the driver-side rear wheel well.

Other folks will be along to suggest various chemical injections into the flush line to clear the spray head. Based on my readings on iRV2, those are a better bet than pulling the spray head on your Monarch, at least for the first attempts to fix the clog.

You should confirm what assumptions are buried in the above for yourself.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:32 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
billy smith

thanks for the info. I was hoping there was an access in the bathroom. I will probably try some kind of cleaner as you suggest. I bought this unit with a plugged flushing unit, so I have no idea how long its been plugged. thanks again!
Old 11-25-2022, 05:57 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On my coach, there is just a check valve in the water bay where the inlet hose connects. After the check valve the pipe goes up & above the black tank to the curb side of the tank where the spray nozzle is.
On mine the holes were all clogged up. I had to take the nozzle out and poke the holes with a wire. Soaking alone with soap water for hours did nothing.
I had to remove a cover panel behind a curb side bay door to get to the nozzle.
Then resealed with new silicone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220720_171537.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	381514  
Old 11-26-2022, 08:26 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
that's a great pic. There is no check valve on my bay inlet, that I can see, just a 90 deg. fitting then pipe goes to the bathroom cabinets where the anti suction check valve is ,then back through the floor. just as 1v3fr33ord1 described. my bathroom is on the drivers side. so I assume that's where the tank is. I just have not found access to it. your pic definitely helps me know what I'm looking for. thanks!
Old 11-26-2022, 09:13 AM   #6

billy smith-

Here are pictures from my coach. Its flush fitting was located near the forward edge of a removable plastic cover in the rear of the passenger-side rear wheel well. To remove the cover, I had to remove some spray-on foam, find the half-dozen or so fasteners, then contort myself into the wheel well to remove them. I managed to get the panel back in place, but ran out of interest in putting things "back to factory" by refoaming, selling the coach with that work undone.

I also had in mind to clean up all the piping that goes through the floor there, but didn't.

By the way, I took that panel off for other reasons than the flush fitting.

Notice that where the piping goes through the floor I stuffed the hole with stainless steel "scrub" pads. This is for mice protection. Until I did that, I got mice through that hole (and a few others). Plus, cold air and smells would come and go through the hole when it was wide open. It's hard to believe that Monaco didn't plug that big hole with something.

If you can see your coach's spray head by looking down the toilet drop pipe, that should give you a reasonable idea about where the fitting is located along the side of the coach.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Piping1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	381569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Piping2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	381570  

Name:	Piping3.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	381571  
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 09:53 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
thanks Mark, I can't see into my tank through toilet, but your unit seems to be reverse of mine, like you said earlier, due to bathroom location. I could not see an access cover, but I didn't poke around the spray foam either. I bet the cover is there. Thanks again
Old 11-30-2022, 07:20 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Found it thanks guys, just as mark had said, same as his, only on the driver's side, covered in a lot of spray foam.

Tags
black water, flush, water