Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2021, 09:22 PM   #1

Water bay door switch?

I was tightening latches and adjusting bumpers on the basement doors today. I noticed for the 1st time that there's sort of a stick with a rubber tip with a spring on the top right of the water bay frame. As it is closed, the door contacts said switch and pushes it in. It's obviously a pressure switch to turn something on or off... Does anyone have any idea what this switch does? I don't recall seeing anything in the owner's manual.

2008 Monaco Knight 40DFT
pflightnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2021, 09:24 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my Monaco water bay door that switch turns on the light.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:45 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mine does the light too. Light fixture is mounted behind the panel, so if bulb is burnt out it may not be real obvious.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #4

Like a secondary switch for the storage light that's in the water Bay? Or is there yet another light?
Old 05-14-2021, 05:23 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflightnut View Post
Like a secondary switch for the storage light that's in the water Bay? Or is there yet another light?
i think its a secondary switch. The lights in all the other bays is controlled by the master switch at the passenger door, however, the wet bay door is on it's own circuit
-my guess is it's a convenience item
Old 05-14-2021, 05:47 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflightnut View Post
Unless yours is different than mine, Only 1 light and 1 switch in the wet bay.. Completely separate from the other storage bay lighting.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:22 PM   #7

It is a plunger switch that make and breaks the ground connection for the light to automatically turn on when you open the water bay door. you can take it apart to clean contact point and maybe lube it
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:26 PM   #8

the light for that bay in its location is almost useless removed the original light and put new light mounted on the door so that you can actually see things with the light on
Old 05-15-2021, 11:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechevy View Post
the light for that bay in its location is almost useless removed the original light and put new light mounted on the door so that you can actually see things with the light on
Mine is on the forward wall that is to the left side of the water bay. Having replaced the tungsten bulb with an LED bulb seems to have helped a great deal with the amount of light that it sheds. In fact, I did this with every storage light that I have.
Old 05-17-2021, 03:42 AM   #10
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Pin Switch:

You probably have to have a switch on near the entry for the bay lights, then have the light itself turned on, then have the pin switch actually work for the light to come on.

The pin switch helps prevent accidently leaving a light on. I have long ago removed my light and quit messing about with the cheap plastic fixture and worthless pin switches.

I use a headlight or flashlight if needed.
2016 Ford F150 Limited V6 with Ready Brake
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:36 PM   #11

In the 2008 Knight the water bay light is not controlled by the Bay lighting switch. controlled only by the plunger switch. and maybe a switch on the light itself ( if there is one on the light ) but in any case the the plunger switch has to be actuated in order for the light to function
Old 05-27-2021, 11:33 AM   #12

I finally remembered to check the plunger switch on the water Bay, and sure enough, yet does turn the Bay light on and off as a safeguard. The light has its own on off switch. So if you forget, the plunger switch is your friend. Thanks for pointing this out! Just one more subtlety now duly noted!! Former employees of Monaco should be really proud, especially those in the 2004 to 2010/12 timeframe.

Tags
door, switch, water