Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #1

Water collecting under front wind shield rubber seal!

Have a 2088 Monaco Knight. I was looking at the exterior rubber seal that goes around the front wind shield. I pulled up the rubber from the bottom of the seal away from he body. A bunch of water came running out. I recently put some more sealer on the top of the rubber seal on the roof. Still the problem.

Is water coming in from the seal and the wind shield? No water inside. However, a number of months ago when we had a ton of rain and I did some water on top of the rubber seal on the bottom of the window on the inside of e coach.

What do you guys think?

Steve
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Steve, I have had a problem with my passenger side windshield leaking a little in a hard rain. That side was replaced by Camping World about three years before the leak appeared. I did apply a thin bead of windshield sealer down the center of my windshield(s) under the strip that separates the two windshield panels, in order to stop a leak there. If you can get to the area that you think is collecting the water, you might apply some windshield sealer under the rubber seal. I know it's hard to lift the seal and apply the sealer at the same time, but if you can get someone to help by lifting the seal as you apply the sealer that will stop the water from entering. Don't put much, maybe lay an 1/8 inch bead since the sealer will fill the gap very easily. Good luck.
Mutt
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #3

On the top of the window, I had put some sealer on the edge of the rubber seal sitting next to the fiberglass body. I will go back again and put some more. I will also try the put some sealer under the rubber seal on the side. I have a couple of spots on the top near the side that seems to have some gaps. I will look again at them too.

Any other thoughts?

Steve
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
You probably need to closely inspect the entire Seal against the Fiberglass and the Glass to ensure that there is Sealer continously against the glass and the Fiberglass. The problem with our windshields is, that the glass is heavy and moves within the Seal and the outside of the Seal moves against the fiberglass as well. If there was not enough Sealer used when the windshield was installed it may have dried out, and or been displaced by the vibration going down the road. If you can't get the water stopped, you may need to have the windshield removed by a "GOOD Glass Shop," if you can find one. It doesn't take them long to pull the glass, cleanup the residue, and reinstall the glass. You should be ready to go after that. Hopefully, you will be able to find the void that is causing your problem w/o having to resort to glass removal. Good luck.
Mutt
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #5

In 2088 we won't be having motorhomes and we will all be eating Solyent Green, if any of us live that long.
sjholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I think I'll take my green shirt off, I just doesn't feel right.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote