Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2016, 06:17 AM   #1

Water fill going on ground??

07 Beaver Marquis, when I am hooked to water trying to fill fresh water tank, the water is going on the ground??? On passenger side near the aqua hot compartment door there are two blue drain hoses. The water is coming out the larger one but some is also coming out the smaller hose. I can't figure out where these hoses go and whey the water is coming out of them. I tried shutting off the valves in the control system but none of them would stop the water flow. Appreciate any help you guys can provide.

safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2016, 07:21 AM   #2

Ut sounds like your low point drains and/or your fresh water tank drain are open. If they do not have associated valves, perhaps there should be screw on caps that may be missing.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:00 AM   #3

Our overflow comes thru the aft wall just forward of the passenger side drive tires and extends down maybe a foot. There are actually two lines, as you suggested. I'm thinking that one is the vent for the tank. I'm not sure how it gets adequately filtered, but it may be that the second tube is just that.

I'm thinking that your tank is full, and it is simply overflowing as designed?
Attached Images

K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:35 AM   #4

water

I agree with you that it is overflow tubes. The problem is that the tank is only 60% full?? If I keep the water coming in from fresh water hose the system thinks it is full but it isn't. Its like a float or valve is stuck at 60%. Anyone know where the "float or valve" is for the fresh water is? The fresh water auto fill switch is working as I can hear water being turned off and on. Thanks again for any help guys.

safe travels all
Old 06-26-2016, 05:56 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I am guessing that your tank is full but your top sensor in your freshwater tank is bad and therefore only reading 60% but you were actually full
Old 06-26-2016, 05:59 AM   #6

water

Know that I think about it??? The tank is probably full (that is why water coming out overflow), problem is the gauge is stuck at 60% holding the fill valve open. The gauge did stick a couple times last year at same level. Now to find where the sender unit for the gauge is located. Anyone have any information??

safe travels all
Old 06-26-2016, 07:00 AM   #7

Butch, is your tank monitoring system the Aladdin, or had Monaco bailed from them for the '07 year? I know they weren't around any more, not too long after our '06 was built. Those pressure switches are notoriously troublesome, although I wouldn't expect nearly the problem on the fresh water tank. Or do you know that there actually is a physical float switch in the tank?

But I surely do agree with Mike that your tank is probably full. On our coach, we can pull back a velcro attached cover just inside the bay opposite the utility compartment (passenger side) and actually see the ends of the three tanks. The level of the fresh tank is easily visible. Not so on the gray and black, but that's probably just as well. Not a good picture!

If you do have the Aladdin system, and does your auto-fill, it may be time for a new sensor. (Don't just re-calibrate, as there would be a reason why the calibration changed) If its a true float switch, probably time for a replacement. In either case, hopefully its not a difficult project.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:08 AM   #8

Yes we have an Aladdin. Do any of you guys know where the sensor for the fresh water tank might be?
Old 06-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #9

I hope this may help you find what you are looking for.

The first photo shows the passenger side of our coach, now. It shows three things. In the lower right, almost hidden by the AquaHot heat exchanger, is a small cable with a yellow tag on it. It goes to the original Aladdin fresh tank sensor, which is very close to the bottom, front corner of the fresh tank. It also shows the two "new" Aladdin sensors that Monaco installed after our original sensors proved too troublesome. The minus is that they only show a value when those two tanks get contents up to that level, so there's quite a bit of "dead" storage. The third thing it shows is the installation of the SeeLevel sensors on the fresh water tank and the black water tank.

The second photo shows the original installation of the Aladdin sensors on the drivers side end of the gray and black tanks, so you can see how they were put in. They suffered from residue build-up on the top face of the sensors.

The third photo shows two things. First, it shows the SeeLevel installation that I did on the gray water tank. It also shows the modification that I made to the "gravity fill" line to the fresh tank. I added that so I would have a point where it was actually possible to easily add liquids to the fresh tank, such as when sanitizing the system. The original gravity fill is way too high on the exposed wall of the service bay to pour anything into it.

Don't know if these photos help, but they show what we had and now have on our '06 Dynasty. By the way, Northwest RV Supply in Eugene, OR has the Aladdin sensors. I saw them at their display at the Albany, OR FMCA rally, last week. And their prices appear to be good.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2016, 04:46 AM   #10

Thanks for all the detailed posts and pictures. I believe you are correct about the sensor having something on it. I have some work to do. It looks as if you will not have that problem in the future!! Thanks again for posting.

safe travels all
Old 06-29-2016, 05:15 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I believe Aladdin used (at least in 2003) a pressure sensor one just one is mounted near the bottom of the tank .. That's it. It measures water pressure against the sensor. In the alladin menu is a way to set values for full and empty and also tank capacity. Your sensor may need to be replaced but first I would recalibrate and those instructions are in the alladin manual. If in fact the tank is full but reading only 60% then you can reset it to 100% that will stop the fill . It stops st 100% value . Of course if they changed all that by 07 then maybe not. Also the fill solenoid is known to fail but that's another issue. I believe beaver originally before Monaco changed and made them "Monaco" had no gravity fill. I know I don't. Only a tank fill switch at the kitchen sink.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:53 PM   #12

On my 07 Beaver with Aladdin, I recalibrated all three tanks sensor to get a better more reliable feedback. Code 1218 to enter the calibrations menu. With known empty tanks, set new raw empty readings. Then filled tanks (including manually measuring the # of gallons I dumped into gray and black water tanks) and set new full raw values. Recalibrating also allowed the thetford toilet tank sensors to match Aladdin sensors.

Tags
water