Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
You guys probably already know all of this:

Water Filter: Open the Curbside storage behind the slide. You'll see an outlet and cable connection. Above this is a dark brown little door. Open & look inside - there's the water filter!!!

To fix the TV to watch while the ignition on, engine running:
Turn off your house & chassis batteries- you may not need to, but it's always safe. Helps to have a headlight on, but not completely necessary. Remove the louvered panel on the back side of the TV cabinet. Reach up to the outlet the TV is plugged into. On the passenger side of the outlet is two thick 120v cables. Leave these alone. On the driver's side of the outlet there are 3 small 12v wires - mine are yellow and white. Gently pull on this and you'll get to a white connection. Disconnect - it's easy - and your TV will work any time you want.
Xantrex Echo Charger: I installed this and must be doing something wrong. It rapidly discharges the chassis battery and I did follow the instructions. So for now it is disconnected.
Doran 360RV: boy, I'm glad I got this. It's easy to program and install.
Ladder Extension: I bought some brushed aluminum hooks (59 cents each) from Home Depot, mounted them on the rear most wall of the storage compartment. The ladder extension hangs quite handily from these, is stable and accessible.
Robin_M: I may need to message you separately to find out what I've done wrong with the Echo Charger.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You guys probably already know all of this:

Water Filter: Open the Curbside storage behind the slide. You'll see an outlet and cable connection. Above this is a dark brown little door. Open & look inside - there's the water filter!!!

To fix the TV to watch while the ignition on, engine running:
Turn off your house & chassis batteries- you may not need to, but it's always safe. Helps to have a headlight on, but not completely necessary. Remove the louvered panel on the back side of the TV cabinet. Reach up to the outlet the TV is plugged into. On the passenger side of the outlet is two thick 120v cables. Leave these alone. On the driver's side of the outlet there are 3 small 12v wires - mine are yellow and white. Gently pull on this and you'll get to a white connection. Disconnect - it's easy - and your TV will work any time you want.
Xantrex Echo Charger: I installed this and must be doing something wrong. It rapidly discharges the chassis battery and I did follow the instructions. So for now it is disconnected.
Doran 360RV: boy, I'm glad I got this. It's easy to program and install.
Ladder Extension: I bought some brushed aluminum hooks (59 cents each) from Home Depot, mounted them on the rear most wall of the storage compartment. The ladder extension hangs quite handily from these, is stable and accessible.
Robin_M: I may need to message you separately to find out what I've done wrong with the Echo Charger.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 03-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Water Filter: Open the Curbside storage behind the slide. You'll see an outlet and cable connection. Above this is a dark brown little door. Open & look inside - there's the water filter!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Bud... Are you talking about the drinking water filter?

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:52 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Bud....Buy one of those nice aluminum ladders from Camping World that folds into a 4"x 4" square and then leave your rear ladder extension at home.

The "A" frame ladder from Camping World is great for cleaning your windshield and can be used to access the upper part of your rear ladder.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
DipD...I was always afraid to get on that ladder! Are you telling me you are a lot less than 200 lbs and are comfortable on it? Some of us folks may not be as comfortable on that thing!
Mama

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:39 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Bud,

Thanks for the tips.

I just added the Doran 360V and made my first trip. The install was simple but I'm having almost constant Lost Sensor alarms while underway. Occasionally all lights will go green and they always go green when I come to a stop. The Lost Sensor signals are always the toad tires. I assume I'll have to add a signal booster to my 41'(almost)Dip.

Any advice...

Thanks

2005 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ
InflatableBoats4Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:49 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
MonacoMama;
I'm pretty sure it is the fresh water (drinking) filter! It is the only filter I've found and it is pretty much under the kitchen area!
Today I'm going to try the washer/dryer for the first time. No soap, no clothes, just a wet run to make sure there are no leaks.

BTW, RV Masters of Houston called me by 10am the morning after I turned the MH in for slide repair. It was ready for pickup! Holy Cow! They didn't need to replace the teflon guide strip, but replaced the light that got crushed and adjusted the long slide. Now everything works just fine. The carpet in the bedroom got pretty squashed and krinkled, but I think it will straighten out over time.

I brought it home, washed 2 weeks of pollen off, and discovered that my MH is not yellow!! It's red and black!!! I like it even more!

Diplomat Don;
I bought a maybe 4-5ft 'gorilla' ladder yesterday at Home Depot for the purpose of washing the front window, but never even thought about accessing the upper ladder with it! Great idea! This ladder is an 'A' frame, HEAVY, extends to 10', will carry 300lbs, which is good because I'm a dainty 250 at 6'1".

I thought I was a pretty decent electrician, and a lousy plumber, but I must be a lousy electrician also... Echo Charger - gotta figure this thing out.
Maybe the problem lies in the battery posts that I selected. There are 4 House batteries and two chassis batteries. That's probably standard on all the coaches, but the Aladdin Dash alarm was flashing LOW BATTERY even after I started the engine and ran for a while. I have the red/yellow striped to the chassis battery + post closest to the curb, the solid red to a House battery + post on the back right side (facing the batteries), and black to ground. When everything is off, the light blinks green. When on, it discharges the chassis batteries according to the charge meter.
So, the Echo charger sits mounted and unplugged! For now, anyway.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 03-22-2008, 03:20 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
MM;
Could, when you have time, you post a picture of the Echo charger connections to your batteries. I'm electrically challenged presently.
I hope everything goes well in your family. You mentioned going to the hospital. God Bless. I'll keep you and your family in our prayers.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 03-22-2008, 04:39 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">DipD...I was always afraid to get on that ladder! Are you telling me you are a lot less than 200 lbs and are comfortable on it? Some of us folks may not be as comfortable on that thing!
Mama </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmmm, Does this mean "The Troll" is over 200 Lbs??? No wonder she took up power walking again!!!
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:00 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When everything is off, the light blinks green. When on, it discharges the chassis batteries according to the charge meter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LED is flashing green
1) House battery voltage below 13.0 volts DC
or above 17 volts DC.
2) The difference between the house battery
and the starter battery is greater than 10 volts DC
Starter battery is not charging
1. Check the difference in voltage between the
house battery and the starter battery. If the
difference is greater than 2 volts, the Digital
echo-charge will reduce the charge current. If
the difference is greater than 10 volts, the
Digital echo-charge will shut off and the green
LED will blink.
2. Check the connections to house battery
bank and starter battery. Check the fuses.
Check the ground connection.

What do you mean by "when everything is off"
I'm pretty sure that I hooked both our leads up to a rear post on the battery banks, but MM has the coach so I can't just run out and check.. Maybe we can get her to take a pic later this AM
Old 03-22-2008, 05:12 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm pretty sure that I hooked both our leads up to a rear post on the battery banks, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sacs,

You did. See the picture in this message. That's a better way to do it. Wish I'd thought of that when I was installing mine.

Bud, here is the way I hooked mine up. The wires are labeled in the photo.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:19 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm pretty sure that I hooked both our leads up to a rear post on the battery banks, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sacs,
You did. See the picture </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks Robin, but that pic shows where I mounted the unit, but not which posts I hooked it to. I had already looked at that one.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:23 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe the problem lies in the battery posts that I selected. There are 4 House batteries and two chassis batteries. That's probably standard on all the coaches, but the Aladdin Dash alarm was flashing LOW BATTERY even after I started the engine and ran for a while. I have the red/yellow striped to the chassis battery + post closest to the curb, the solid red to a House battery + post on the back right side (facing the batteries), and black to ground. When everything is off, the light blinks green. When on, it discharges the chassis batteries according to the charge meter.
So, the Echo charger sits mounted and unplugged! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bud,

Without actually seeing it, that sound like it's correct. It seems to be the way I wired mine, as you can see in the photo in the previous message. If you're sure you wired it correctly, maybe there's a short in the Xantrex unit. They have pretty good customer service. I'd give 'em a call.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:30 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks Robin, but that pic shows where I mounted the unit, but not which posts I hooked it to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep, you're right. When I looked at the picture, I thought I saw the striped wire attached to that T-post. But after looking again, it couldn't be - that's a ground post.