Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2016, 08:28 PM   #1

Water Hose Replacement on Reel

Has anyone replaced the water hose on the reel, on a 2008 Monaco Camelot.
Seaplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2016, 01:45 AM   #2

I have replaced my hose. I pulled the hose off of the reel and cut it off leaving about 6inches of the hose attached to the reel. Then I went to Home Depot and bought a new white garden hose
And a 1/2 inch brass male hose barb connector and two hose clamps. I cut the male end off of the new hose and slid the brass connector into the hoses and clamped them. Quick and easy. That was 4 years ago. Works perfectly even now.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-01-2016, 04:50 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced mine. But I replaced it at the fitting inside the hub of the reel. I didn't want a rigid piece in the area where the hose will wind the tightest. Obviously, it works as pointed out, but that was just my idea.

Biggest problem was what seemed to be a total lack of working room. Like most things on an RV, everything has been specifically designed so you can't get to it to work on it. At least, it seems that way...

I had to remove the white panel to get to the reel, but I had already done that before so I made it removable. What should be a simple job took well over 2 hours. But I'm retired so I guess I have the time...
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:17 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
What brand & diameter hose did y'all use?

Awhile ago, my original hose split so I bought a regular (ie, inexpensive) 1/2" drinking-safe hose, but it's now showing its age too. I never did like it much because it was so soft and flexible that it would kink really easy and sometimes got compressed on the reel that it wouldn't flow water.

Now that it's failing, I'd like to replace it with a good one.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, water