Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #1

Has anyone run into a water leak along the right
front corner on a Holiday Rambler 2001 Admiral 36WDD or Monaco equivilant (Lapalma)?
I can't find the source.
I removed the front passengers side tire and inspected that area below the leak without finding
any source.I caulked and undercoated the entire top of the wheel well.I have inspected the caulk
seal around the pass. side mirror but it is tight.
Turtle Herder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #2

Has anyone run into a water leak along the right
front corner on a Holiday Rambler 2001 Admiral 36WDD or Monaco equivilant (Lapalma)?
I can't find the source.
I removed the front passengers side tire and inspected that area below the leak without finding
any source.I caulked and undercoated the entire top of the wheel well.I have inspected the caulk
seal around the pass. side mirror but it is tight.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:59 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Turtle Herder -- 2 places that may cause the leak -- (1)The front air conditioner mounting bolts may be loose - If so,water can come down the corner support, to under the dash -- (2)The heater hose may be leaking -- Seen both things happen -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #4

Thanks, Iam going to try and remove the air grille
mounted on the front wall toe kick area and see if
I can see anything.The leak occurs even if the a/c
hasnt been on in days.The leak only ocurrs when it rains.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Turtle Herder -- I should have been more clear on the air conditioner -- If the mounting bolts are not tight, when it rains, water will get in the ceiling & run forward to the post -- The air does not have to be on -- The air sits on a gasket, & over time it will become compressed, & the bolts will need to be tightened -- Remove the underside of the air, & you should see 4 bolts, & sometimes 3, depending on the make -- Also check your clearance lights, horn or anything on top for chaulk -- Good Luck - Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #6

Two other places is where the roof & side wall meat.It will come in behind the moulding & run down corner post.The other is the door awning where the electric wire comes in & or the mounting screws are.

2007 Monaco Camelot
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #7

Thanks for the suggestion Bill and Popeye.I just
got home from work and its too dark to do anything on it tonight.The front a/c is about 10' from the corner post so it would be a long way for water to go.I will also look more closely at the seam between the front fiberglass cap and the aluminum roof.There arent
any wires going out to the awning but that was a good suggestion.The door is about 10 feet away and that area doesnt get wet.It could be the side passenger window but you would think the wall under the window would be wet.If I didnt mention it, this is on a W22 workhorse chassis.But I dont think that has anything to do with it.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #8

If you connect a water hose to 8'ladder & let it spray in certain areas so you could control water flow you could pinpoint where it is comeing in.If we had a little more info it would help.Is it a front door entry or mid door entry.Has pass side front slide if so is it in or out when leaking.Sat dome,radio ant. Seals around clearance lights at top.Don't think the wall by window will be wet on inside.If window is leaking for a long time it will show a bulge in fiberglass on outside around window.Top seal at slide leaking runing in at top down side of slide.

2007 Monaco Camelot
Old 07-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #9

Your right popeye the more info the better you can understand what Im dealing with.The coach has a mid entry door.Front slide on drivers side (not the side of the leak).No sat dome.Radio antenna above driver left and right shoulder.Cell antenna near mid entry door (10'away from leak).The sides of the coach are aluminium.No discoloration or paint bubbling around windows or seams.
I will try the water spray method starting low and go up 12" at a time.Thanks Popeye
Old 08-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #10

Did you ever find your leak????

2007 Monaco Camelot
Old 08-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
JDT

The problem may already be solved but I had an 03 Vacation that had a leak in the same place. Took forever to find it but it was due to some missed caulking in the seam between the front cap and sidewall right beneath the front window on the passenger side. I haven't owned the coach in over 3 years, hard to remember the exact details, but check the seam.

Jim
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #12

No Tommy I still havent found it.
I have gotten a lot of great ideas from this forum
but the leaks location is still a mystery.
Jim, the leak you found was under the windshield
on the passengers side??? How did you find it??
Old 08-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #13

I've had a leak in the same area. No one has been able to see where it was coming from. I just happened to take it in to have that leak searched for again and to reseal the roof, if need.

It was needed, but they couldn't find any indication of where water might come into the passenger area.

They did notice that both A/Cs were loose and they tightened them and recaulked.

Now, just maybe, the leak will be gone! No chance of rain for awhile, but I should know in a couple of months.

Thanks.

8.1 Chevy w/Banks PowerPack & UltraPower
Bear007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:28 AM   #14
JDT

Like I said, it has been 3 years since we owned the Vacationer so I hope I remember this right. The seam between the front cap and sidewall I think ran between the windshield and the front passenger side window. At about the level of the bottom of the passenger window I found a gap in the caulking that sealed the rubber strip (gasket) between the cap and sidewall. Water would come in there and work its way to the floor.

I know you have a seam there somewhere so check it closely. It took over a year and 3 trips to the dealer and I found it myself.

Jim
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote