Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Water Leak behind panel in water bay area

We have an 07 Dip. We have a water leak behind the panel in the water bay area. Must be a trick to remove the panel...Help Is there a Monaco Owner out there that has come across this problem?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelestater View Post
We have an 07 Dip. We have a water leak behind the panel in the water bay area. Must be a trick to remove the panel...Help Is there a Monaco Owner out there that has come across this problem?

The panel is a real PIA to remove. After you remove everything that needs to come off you must slightly bend the panel to get it out. Before you remove the panel try sticking your arm up behind the panel near the leak. Feel for a wet fitting and if you find one use your had to tighten it up. Most of the fittings can be tightened with your hand.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Bob & Pam, Thanks for your response. I was not able to get the panel out completely, but was already in the process of reaching as far as possible to tighten anything that may need it. Found the leak at the water hose recoil. Had to disconnect at that point & bypass, using a 10' water hose. Oh well, lost our auto recoil even tho we never used it... :-) Seems no big loss. Again, thanks for your reply we really appreciate it. Bob
Old 12-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have a picture of what it looks like with the panel removed, showing all the water screw on connections -- I will email them to someone, if they will post them -- I don`t know how, & to dumb to learn -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Bill email the to me rbdtanasi at yahoo dot com and I will post them to this thread.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Rex -- They have been sent to you -- Bll
Old 12-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Ok folks, here are Bill Willard's pictures for his 07 Camelot 42' coach.

Bill said he reworked the water lines -- 1st picture is before -- 2nd is after, & 3rd is the parts left over after the redo -- has since wrapped the all pipes, & secured them -- and is replacing the panel with mirror finish stainless steel.

I love the third one - - left over parts!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0001.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	7100   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0002.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	7101  

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0003.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	7102  

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Left over parts does sound kinda spooky, but all system work as before, except I deleted the outside shower -- I installed a hose fitting on the low point drain, & if I need water in the wet bay area, I will use that -- In a factory setting, it is faster doing it the Monaco way, but more places for a leak --
Old 12-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Bill, do you have a Camelot, seems like I remember that. If so how did you get the panel out. I have looked at ours a lot and it looks like I will have to cut it to get it out.

Also a suggestion - you might want to put information on your rig in your signature then it will help folks to know if they can help if you have problems. Thanks for your help.

Lew
Old 12-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #10

I ended up cutting my panel in half and installed a plastic "H" used for lattice to put it back together. I have the panel out now (from chasing my mouse). I am going to make a panel out of alum to replace it. Spring time project.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I plumbed literally 100`s of Park Model RV`s with Polybutylene water line in a factory & over 5 years repairing same, doing service work & I still had the ring crimpers , so it wasn`t much of a job redoing the water lines -- The Pex water line & crimp rings are inexpensive at both Lowes & Home Depot
Lew -- I cut the panel all to pieces to remove it -- I didn`t try to save it, because I`m going to replace it with a stainless steel panel, that will be removeable -- I do have a Big, Black, & Hot, 07 42ft Camelot PDQ --Bill Willard
Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Bill for the info. I want to get behind the panel to install Seelevel tank gauges and as far as I can tell the panel needs to come off to get to the black and gray tanks. Hate to cut that panel up but if that is what it takes, I really want better tank level gauges. I would also like to have a water supply to use to flush the black tank on that panel instead of running a separate long hose from the park water supply - something Monaco apparently removed from 2007 on our 2009 model. To have that water supply I will also have to remove the panel to install a faucet - or be an incredible contortionist. Thanks again.

Lew
Old 12-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewF View Post
Thanks Bill for the info. I want to get behind the panel to install Seelevel tank gauges and as far as I can tell the panel needs to come off to get to the black and gray tanks. Hate to cut that panel up but if that is what it takes, I really want better tank level gauges. I would also like to have a water supply to use to flush the black tank on that panel instead of running a separate long hose from the park water supply - something Monaco apparently removed from 2007 on our 2009 model. To have that water supply I will also have to remove the panel to install a faucet - or be an incredible contortionist. Thanks again.

Lew
Is there anyone who has removed the outside shower fixture and put in a hose bib? I have access to a "sewer dump" but no access to water to flush out the black tank. I would like to use up my fresh water tank when I return from a trip to flush out the tank. Also could use the hot water side of the fixture as a rinse. Don't want to highjack this thread..should I start a new one?
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
LewF & Barlow46 -- Get a 1/2 barb to male hose fitting, Home Depot has them, & install in the low point drain under the coach -- You can then turn on the hot or cold --Turn on the pump, & it will take water from the fresh water tank, or use shore hook-up -- I use a short coil hose, that is easy to store --I doubt that you will have a ring crimper, so use a good hose clamp to install the fitting, & heat the pipe with a plumbers torch, but be very careful, to soften it some,& the clamp will hold much better -- Bill Willard