Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #1

Water Leak Found

After two years of dealing with a water leak above the driver's window, a local RV dealership finally found where the leak was coming from. The drain hose from the rear AC was coiled and had a kink in it near where it connects to the AC drip pan. Water backed up in the pan, over flowed, and followed a side wall channel to the window. Since I have had no work done to the the AC units, I can only conclude that if came from the factory that way. Wildwood did not find it, Camping World did not find it, and three other dealerships missed it. At this point I have spent nearly $2,000 (total for all repair shops) and two years of frustation for the repair. I hope this helps someone. It has help me simply by telling my story and getting it behind me.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Phrog Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #2

The rear ac leaked all the way to the front driverside window! WOW!
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #3

This is proof that water can come from anywhere. Glad you found the cause.

and a Bob Tail Cat
Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well.. This is not a leak but I'm reminded of taking my car to the dealer with excessive brake pedal travel.. They found nothing, Made a minor adjustment which I will admit did improve it, slightly, but basically they found nothing.

Finally, One slow day at work, sitting at my desk, I put my mind to it

The next day I visited my tire guy (They do brakes too) and made a specific request

An hour later.. Like new the brakes were (actually "like" is not the proper word, the rear brakes, at least WERE new) The car has rear drum brakes and the drums were WAY out of spec
Old 04-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #5

Water Leak Found Verse 2

I recently posted my water leak issue was solved and it is, but there is more to the story. The water leak was coming from a coiled and kinked rear AC water drain hose which caused the AC pan to overflow and sent water along the side wall to the front of the coach. Be aware that water can stay in the styroform between the walls for several days before it completely dries out. After the repair guy found the kinked drain hose, he raised the back of the coach with the jacks to give it a nose down look. The water leaked out again and stopped flowing after a while so he lowered the coach and ran the AC for several hours. The next day he raised the back again and more water flowed out. He then started to look for another cause for the leak. This went on for several days until until they noticed that the leak was gradually going away. A Monaco's tech supplied the answer. He said the styroform between the walls absorbs water and dries out slowly. The leak is now completely gone. Hopefully, the styroform is completely dry now and will not cause another problem. I will report back if it does.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Phrog Driver is offline   Reply With Quote