RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2017, 10:22 AM   #1

Water leak help

I've been trying to read on here as much as I can, but have limited Internet at home and work. I have a 2000 Monaco Diplomat 38pbd (<--- I think....lol) and just found that there is a water leak. It had the large slide on the drivers side. And the ceramic tile the slide would ride in on had cracked a few tiles. No big deal, want to replace floor eventually. Well now, it's cracked and broke more tiles and floor is spongy. Got to looking at it, and it's soaking wet. Trying to see if this is a known issue before I tear it apart so I don't replace flooring and it do it again. It's as far back as you can go on the slide, but it's not the actual floor on the slide. It's right in front of the stove, and on the other side of the wall from the shower. Thanks again for any help, and can't wait to learn all I can from this forum.

Kyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2017, 10:50 AM   #2

Good morning Kayman; I see you must have the kitchen slide in your coach. In your post, if I am reading it correctly, the problem with the spongy floor is in the coach floor it's self, not the floor in the slide. You will read here, if you do a search in the top left corner of the page, about slide floor water intrusion. That is a known problem with Monaco coaches with slides, but that is not your issue. MY first suggestion would be to inspect the flexible drain and water lines that supply your kitchen sink. Those lines are in the wall next to the slide. If they were leaking, that could result in water leaking on the floor. Possibly traveling who knows what direction. I would think that you would notice some water intrusion in the bay below those flex lines, unless it has been a slow leak over a long period of time. Also other places to look. Roof vent above refrigerator? I could go on, but these are some places to start. If you use the search at the top of the page, I would put in, flexible drain line replacement in slide. You should get a wealth of information as well as some drawings and pictures. Hope this info helps and keep us informed of your findings. Good luck!

8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #3

Don't know if your slide is the problem, but read all about it here:

Guardian Plates | talinrv.com

Chris T is on the Monacoers forum and is a wealth of info on water leaks in Monaco coaches.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:01 PM   #4

Ok thanks guys. I wasn't sure how to do a search and I had read through hundreds of pages looking for an answer before I posted. Are there any pics or diagrams of this line for reference? Also, my sink has terrible water pressure. Hopefully this is part of that issue
Old 10-30-2017, 12:03 PM   #5

Yes, rot in the coach floor, not the slide floor.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:21 PM   #6

Hi Kayman; In the search box at the top right of the IVR2 page, type in , flexible drain pipe fix. Lots to read and a PDF File put on there by Jackwjames that shows what the system contains for parts. Others have posted pictures and their experiences of this problem. Again, just a place to start looking. Water has a bad habit of coming from some where else. Your described location made the drain line pop into my head. I do lots of reading of posts here incase I have a problem. I don't know what I will do when my head is full. No gauge to check. Good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:09 PM   #7

Well, I tore into it today and can't find the source. It's for sure not coming from the flex pipe. I'm lost at this second....haha I'll start a new thread and post some pics of what I've found. Tha ks for the heads up. I searched and went through 20 pages and never found anything.....but a Google search of the site brought it right up!

Tags
leak, water, water leak