Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2017, 04:32 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Water pressure - how to remove regulator

Its time to remove the pressure regulator due to it sometimes allowing great pressure, other times not so much, but I'm stumped on how to get it out. I have read previous threads talk about just cutting the water line but is there another way? Removing the white panel seems like a huge pain involving taking the compartment hinges and compartment door off. Anyone have a better way?

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0896.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	179182  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by robisinwa View Post
Its time to remove the pressure regulator due to it sometimes allowing great pressure, other times not so much, but I'm stumped on how to get it out. I have read previous threads talk about just cutting the water line but is there another way? Removing the white panel seems like a huge pain involving taking the compartment hinges and compartment door off. Anyone have a better way?

Thanks in advance
You didn't mention which coach or where the pressure regulator is. My compartment is a little different set up, but I can get my white plastic walls out. It's a pain, but do-able. Shower has to be disconnected, tank fill valve has to be loosened. Looks like you have a light that needs to be disconnected as well.
My pressure regulator is a portable one and I put it on the campground side of the hose.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Opps, sorry about that... 2003 Dynasty. I'm guessing the regulator is behind the white panel where the hose bib is.

The PEX pipe that the hose bib is connected to is accessible higher up before it takes a 90 degree elbow so I can see how someone might cut the PEX before the elbow and redo the incoming line, just wondering what others have done in more detail.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:40 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Just a thought, could you cut a hole in the plastic above where it's labeled "waste drain" and install a access cap? there is one in the bottom of your picture, where you would run the sewer line out the bottom. Available at West Marine and other places. You could reach in and possibly do any work needed then just screw the cap back on.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robisinwa View Post
Opps, sorry about that... 2003 Dynasty. I'm guessing the regulator is behind the white panel where the hose bib is.

The PEX pipe that the hose bib is connected to is accessible higher up before it takes a 90 degree elbow so I can see how someone might cut the PEX before the elbow and redo the incoming line, just wondering what others have done in more detail.
I have a 2005 Dynasty and have been behind that panel, no regulator there, maybe you don't have one, that would cause that hgh pressure, just get one and connect it to the supply hose bib
RonD1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #6

Mine is on the end of the hose, little water pressure the water pump is better pressure but afraid to remove it.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your connected rubber inlet hose is screwed into the pressure regulator which is partially sticking out under the white panel attached to the inlet screw on the short hose connector fully in view (city water connection). I was going to take mine off and put an adjustable regulator on but put a gauge on the outlet valve and pressure was preset at 45#. Changed mind not seeing a need for an adjustable regulator plus I could not tell exactly how the pressure regulator unscrewed.

Tags
water, water pressure