Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottons View Post
I did see that you said the fresh water valve was closed. The valve in question is a three way valve and does not have a closed position. It is used to change the direction of flow and not to stop flow all together. The photo you attached to illustrate your problem clearly shows this valve in the Tank Fill position. You said you cycled the valve and the problem went away. If this valve is not properly seated against a stop, it will port fluid in both directions allowing water to run out of the hose when the water pump runs. The information you provided supports my answer. The problem with senior moments; the older we get, the more likely we are to have one and not realize it ever happened.
Just to clearify: The position of the valve when shown in my photo's is not the position it was in when I started the thread. The reason it is shown the way it is on the photo is that in this position it was not on the way when sliding the camera behind the large bay cover. I see why this is misleading.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #16

I'll have to back up Danes as well. These check valves are notorious for going bad. That's why so many solutions have popped up already.

I don't qualify yet for the senior moments either though I do have them lol. Are there junior rmoments?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
When you get back from Colorado, & stop by for a visit, I`ll fix it so you won`t have the problem any more -- Bill Willard
Hi Bill
What is your address. My new to me signature is doing the same. I put a pressure reg on the end (el cheapo) of the hose for the time being and it seems to be a one way valve as well.
Ill drop round after you've practiced on the Danes.
The Australian connection
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Install A Pressure Regulator

Here's my regulator install. I put a gauge on the input side so that I could see what pressure the park was supplying.

The parts are all readily available. The adjustable regulator is the Valterra brand carried at most RV supply stores. The tap, tap-drill, and plumbing fittings are all at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorDave View Post
Here's my regulator install. I put a gauge on the input side so that I could see what pressure the park was supplying.

The parts are all readily available. The adjustable regulator is the Valterra brand carried at most RV supply stores. The tap, tap-drill, and plumbing fittings are all at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

FWIW
Thanks Dave

We have the electric hose reel, so your set up may not work for us.

Yesterday we arrived at a new camp ground, and the check valve had decided not to cooperate again.

Ventured out to get a new check valve, and that proved more difficult than I expected. No luck at Ace, Home Depot, city's 2 leading plumbers and a local RV dealer. I was told that a check valve is not used in residential housing and for that reason no one stocks it. My luck changed at Camping World where I normally never finds what I need.

4 minute job to take the old 3 way valve out. 5 minutes to replace the check valve, and 7 minutes to reassemble the whole thing.

Another job that proved easier than I expected. We are now "back in business".

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water