Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2021, 09:13 PM   #1

Water pump???

My water pump suddenly stopped working (2004 Windsor). No sounds, no warning, or prior issues ...it just does not run. Checked 12 v fuse in bedroom box and it is fine. The switches to turn on the pump are daisy chained together. The ones in the kitchen, toilet, inverter panel and outside dumping section all light up when turned on. However, the one in the bedroom does not light up. I think the light is bad because I pulled the wires and had power to the light with my test light. However I get nothing from my test light from the switch itself. I wiggled the wires at the bottom of the pump and got a quick 2 or 3 second run from the pump, but could not get it to repeat it. So I suspect the problem is the pump itself.
SO:
1. Do pumps just suddenly quit/break?
2. Based on the description sound like pump, or could in be something in the daisy chain wiring of the switches?
3. Any comments/suggestions on best methods to changing the pump?
4. Any suggested part numbers or procurement sources?
5. How do I loose 30 lbs overnight so I can squeeze my fat /old body into that small area where the pump is located?

As always all any and all comment are appreciated
Thanks in advance.
Bob
dca81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2021, 09:33 PM   #2

Is there power at the pump? Everything eventually stops working
Old 10-24-2021, 09:33 PM   #3

Do you have , constant 12 volt power at the pump wiring when tested with your light, with the switches on ?

There maybe a relay involved in the wiring ; but if you have power and ground at the pump ; and through the pump mounted pressure switch; and it's not running , good chance its bad.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:41 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dca81 View Post
1. Do pumps just suddenly quit/break?
2. Based on the description sound like pump, or could in be something in the daisy chain wiring of the switches?
3. Any comments/suggestions on best methods to changing the pump?
4. Any suggested part numbers or procurement sources?
5. How do I loose 30 lbs overnight so I can squeeze my fat /old body into that small area where the pump is located?
Thanks in advance.
Bob
Yes pump may fail without notice. If original then good life out of it. Replacing usually simple if you can access the space. Two wires to unplug/cut. Make fuse is pulled first if cutting. The two hoses should be just hand tight or close to that. Replace with same or greater gph rating. I like Surflo pumps. May be bought on Amazon or most RV dealers also might try eTrailer.com.

As for the last question no idea, share it you find a solution.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 11:12 AM   #5

Multi switch pump relays do fail the switches break ground from what I understand. Also many pumps have inline fuses near by. Pumps have a pressure switch but I've never read of them failing actually.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:46 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
On my 2002 Windsor I have a latching device located close to the pump, this is what the switches control. https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/...g-00-00145-100

There is also a relay and in line fuse close to the pump. Any of these could fail.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:50 PM   #7

Update: Pump had 12 v power to it, so assumed it was not the switches, relay, fuses or latching device which would not allow 12v power to the pump. So I removed and ordered a new pump. However, these were all great suggestions and I thank everyone for their comments and many suggestions of which I was unaware (latching device???). Just a lot of useful knowledge on this board. I did not figure how to loose 30 lbs overnight but I do have a few suggestions that will make the area where the pump is more accessible. First remove both the slide doors out of the guide grooves and put them off to the side. Second remove the two water filters in that compartment. With these modifications I had enough room to squeeze my obese 74 year old ,205 lb body in there to remove the pump. Somehow, do not think putting in the new one will be any easier (or less painful). Oh well we do what we have to do and move on.
Thanks for the comments.
Bob
dca81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:35 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
The previous owner of my coach modified this compartment. I believe I had a small pressure tank that has been removed. He moved the pump and installed it up high on left side, adding hose to the PEX which also reduces noise. He then installed 2 drawers, I use one for the water hose and the other for power cords and adapters. He moved the water filters to the wet bay compartment but I never use and am thinking of removing.

Now to access the water pump I can remove the drawers and climb into the compartment from the small basement door.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I replaced the pump in our Winnie Minnie I also moved it to a much better location by hose and wire extensions.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump