Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #1

Water pump problem

2009 Monaco Knight. Just installed a new 4008 water pump, no power to the pump fuse is good,switch does not light. any ideas.
dave_330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2019, 04:17 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_330 View Post
2009 Monaco Knight. Just installed a new 4008 water pump, no power to the pump fuse is good,switch does not light. any ideas.
Do you have more than one switch in different locations to turn the pump on and off? If so then you have a latching relay somewhere that controls the pump. Locate the latching relay and start troubleshooting from there. Here is a link to what the latching relay most likely looks like.

https://tinyurl.com/y3h227eo

Notice it has a 12 Volt input and I would first make sure that 12 volts is present at that terminal. The pump will be connected to the load terminal and the switches are ganged to the SW terminal. The GND terminal is connected to a good ground and that must be there for the system function.

PS Welcome to irv2.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:41 PM   #3

Thank you Bob
Any idea were it mite be I have looked and looked no luck. Monaco said it may be within 2 ft. of the pump.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you Bob
Any idea were it mite be I have looked and looked no luck. Monaco said it may be within 2 ft. of the pump.
Mine is located on the frame rail behind the white panel in the service bay. Not easy to get to.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:42 AM   #5

dave_330-

Just curious... Why did you replace the pump?

Also, you should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Thank you Bob
Mine is very close as seen in these pics.

Here are a couple pics of "my" fuse location and latching relay.

As you can see they are next to each other (nice)

In the last 4 trips I've had to replace the water pump fuse twice.

The fuse on "My" coach is an ATC style fuse and mounted in a in-line fuse holder in a sealed capsul.

The second time I replaced the fuse I accidentally found the source of the failure (seen arching as I moved the holder ) and that the issue was the contacts for the legs of the fuse ..... I cleaned the contacts and tweaked them a bit and all is well
[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	2.0 Moho water system componants  (6)_pe.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	260673[/ATTACH]

Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.0 Final  water system componants  (10 fixed).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	260672  
Old 09-18-2019, 02:21 PM   #7

I wish it was that easy to find, I got behind the white pannel and nothing there except the top of the gray and black tanks and the hose reel and all the water lines. any other ideas, and thank you guys for all the help
Old 09-18-2019, 05:19 PM   #8

Quote:
I wish it was that easy to find, I got behind the white pannel and nothing there except the top of the gray and black tanks and the hose reel and all the water lines. any other ideas, and thank you guys for all the help
Sorry Dave that I cant be of help, I am only familiar with my own coach.

Happy Trails
Old 09-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #9

Sorry to jump in here but I have intermittent water pump problems.

If there is a grounding problem with the switches, could I put a pull the wire off at the SW terminal on the latching controller and run a jumper from the SW terminal to the ground terminal on the latching controller?

Would this bypass the switches and allow the pump to operate?

Im wary to try this in case I fry something.

Irishguy
irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, water, water pump