Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #1

Water rapidly draining from fill hose. Is it a bad Fresh Water Fill/City Water Valve?

Hello everyone!

I have a 2005 Monaco Signature 45' and I'm having an issue where the water is draining (a LOT!) from the fill hose, in either position of the Fresh Water Fill/City Water valve. I have had to kink the hose and rubberband it tight so that I don't lose all of my fresh water when traveling.

Is this being caused by the Fresh Water Fill/City Water ball valve? If so, does anyone know exactly what kind of valve I need for replacement, so that I don't have to disassemble the entire wet bay to gain access to it to see what I need? It's hidden behind the stainless beauty panel. Any tips on removing the beauty panel to gain access to it? I'm currently at a campground and a little limited. I'll be arriving home in a few days and leaving again a week after that, so if I can get this replaced during this time then that'd be ideal!

Thanks so much for any insight!
Hoss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As I understand you have water coming back out the city water connection. There is typically a inline one way check valve between the city water connection and the city/fill selector valve. Not uncommon for it to fail, allowing water to come out of the city connection.

Temporary workarounds are to externally block it as you have done. I had one go bad and went to Home Depot and bought a cap that would screw onto the city connection. Used it till I had the opprotunity to disassemble and change out the one way check valve.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #3

A lot of manufactures use a one way valve right at the city water hose connection. Sometimes it can stick open. Try the blunt end of a pencil or similar to poke the spring loaded valve plunger and maybe it will snap back into position.

Another idea is to place a hose valve on the end of the hose and turn it off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Check-valve-seated.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	252691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water hose valve.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	252692  

2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:08 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I just installed a manual gate valve. Easy.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:32 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies, everyone! My RV has a built-in power hose reel for the city water hose. Everything is hidden behind the stainless beauty panel on my coach. Are there any tips on easily removing this panel, and would the check valve be closer to the connection point of the city water hose reel, or the city/fill selector valve? Thanks again, everyone! I sincerely appreciate the insight.
Hoss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:36 PM   #6

Sounds like a bad check valve as others have stated. Mine is inline right next to the hose reel. About three or four years ago my hose that goes from the gravity fill to the fresh water tank developed a split and that caused water to be sloshed out while driving. Just another thing you may want to check.
Dave

Tags
fresh water, valve, water