Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
The City/Fill connection is always used when you have a hose with the proper fittings to hook up. A convenient way to fill your on-board water tank easily and supply the coach too. I generally watch my level indicators inside to judge how full the tank is getting, and then other times it has overflowed into the service bay when I get distracted.

The gravity fill opening is convenient when there is no hose with a fitting or the fitting is smashed so you can just stuff the hose into the gravity fill opening to fill your tank. I recently purchased a "Water Thief" for just those situations.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2010, 01:05 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutensteve View Post
Mat....That "speaker" is actually a heater for your wet bay. I'm sure some of the other more informed members will give you all the details as to it's operation. There should be a switch on your control panel inside labeled "system heat" which turns on the heater which comes on when the temp drops to a certain level.
Steve..I am very impressed!!! You actually do read the forums and learn stuff!!!
I do want to take a moment and point out to many folks here that the "red doo-hickey" on the bottom left side IS the "snap-disk" for the wet- bay. (That is NOT where it should normally be though.)

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
Steve..I am very impressed!!! You actually do read the forums and learn stuff!!!
You know, while this forum is wonderful, it IS possible to learn things from other sources.

On mine, it was pretty easy to tell what it was without consulting any Internet or printed reference sources -- but then mine is mounted upright (rather than facing the floor) so it was pretty reasy to read the word "heater" printed on it's front face.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:01 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Well thats cool. There is a switch on the inside panel that is for system heat. It even works and if I get down on the ground and stick my head in the compartment it does say cargo heat on the bottom face of the unit.

Monacomama, what is the snap disk and where should it be?

Thanks again
Mat
Old 02-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Don't want to get too picky, but water weighs 8.3 pounds per gallon--not 6 pounds. So at 100 gallons, plus 10 gallons in the water heater you are talking over 900 pounds of weight.

2009 Camelot QDP 40ft.
Duffy's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy's Dad View Post
Don't want to get too picky, but water weighs 8.3 pounds per gallon--not 6 pounds. So at 100 gallons, plus 10 gallons in the water heater you are talking over 900 pounds of weight.
Of course, you're right. I was taking the number off of another thread I read recently -- that'll teach me to take numbers at face value and not confirm them!

Even so, that only changes the weight of the water from 1.8% to 2.5% in my case. I still say that's not a significant difference, and there are many other factors that will affect mileage by much more than that (wind, terrain, speed, tire pressure, air conditioning, etc.) For me, the benefits of a full tank far outweigh the negligible change in mileage.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACRacing View Post
Well thats cool. There is a switch on the inside panel that is for system heat. It even works and if I get down on the ground and stick my head in the compartment it does say cargo heat on the bottom face of the unit.

Monacomama, what is the snap disk and where should it be?

Thanks again
Mat
The snap disc is basically a thermostat. If you want to see if the cargo heater is actually working, turn on the system heat switch inside and then hold an ice cube against that red doo-hickey. It normally is well hidden up behind the white panel in your pic. You are lucky, most people cannot find it when the want to.
Mandys Man is offline   Reply With Quote