Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Weldex monitor wiring

I'm replacing my Weldex monitor and when I went to rewire everything I noticed the rear camera trigger wire was not connected. Also I don't have any trigger signal from either turn signal. Any thoughts?

Jim
66gt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2019, 08:31 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gt350 View Post
I'm replacing my Weldex monitor and when I went to rewire everything I noticed the rear camera trigger wire was not connected. Also I don't have any trigger signal from either turn signal. Any thoughts?

Jim
How about a little more information. What kind of monitor are you replacing the Weldex with? We personally don't use any trigger signals for the side cameras or the rear camera. We like the rear camera to be on full time and you can select the side cameras if you want to view them. The driver's side side camera is not useful as the mirror does a better job. The passenger side side camera is useful for viewing the blind spot near the door for what the mirror misses, i.e. motorcycle. If you desire that camera to come on via the turn signal then use the trigger wire for the right turn signal. I don't like the trigger signal as there is too much delay when switching to and from the camera. We use a second monitor for that camera.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:53 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I'm replacing it with another weldex. I have been only using the rear camera but decided that I would like the right side for that pesky blind spot. After trying to change the camera back to using the the side cameras again I couldn't change it back. I talked to RV cameras and they told me it was most likely a bad monitor. I ordered and received the new monitor. I went to install it and there isn't a signal coming into the left and right signal wires and also noticed the signal wire for the rear camera was disconnected and I can't find where it's supposed to go.
Bob: How did you connect a separate monitor for the right side? That may be something I would consider??

Jim
66gt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:10 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gt350 View Post
I'm replacing it with another weldex. I have been only using the rear camera but decided that I would like the right side for that pesky blind spot. After trying to change the camera back to using the the side cameras again I couldn't change it back. I talked to RV cameras and they told me it was most likely a bad monitor. I ordered and received the new monitor. I went to install it and there isn't a signal coming into the left and right signal wires and also noticed the signal wire for the rear camera was disconnected and I can't find where it's supposed to go.
Bob: How did you connect a separate monitor for the right side? That may be something I would consider??

Jim
Jim,

When you say there is no connection for the signal wires do you mean in the dash wiring harness or on the new monitor that RV Cameras sent you? The new monitor may be a later version from your OEM Weldex monitor and require an adapter cable. If the trigger wires are in the dash harness but not present on the new monitor, give them a call back and explain that to them.

My Weldex system was intermittent and we did not have any success with finding the cause. I finally got tired of fooling with it and purchased the Voyager system to replace the monitor and add a second rear camera. I had to make adapters to connect the two Weldex side cameras and the intermittent Weldex rear camera. The old Weldex monitor was removed from the dash and the hole covered with a tablet computer used for the Silverleaf system. The Voyager has four camera inputs and for awhile I used the single monitor and would manually switch to the other cameras or setup the multiple views options on the Voyager. The old Weldex rear camera was aimed down at the hitch and I use a switch connected to the trigger input to select that camera when I desire to see what is happening with the towbar. By the way, the Weldex rear camera is still intermittent so the problem is most likely the cable. I fussed with the connectors many times without success. Eventually I added a second Voyager monitor to allow full time viewing of the blindspot near the door. The new Voyager rear camera is great and has a wide field of view. I can see what is approaching the toad from either side and it is clear when I can safely change lanes.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor, wiring