Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #15

CAMERA

When I sent it in they called me right away and told me the camera was bad. I believe it was around $300 for a new one. This was just a few months ago. Installed new camera and no problems after. Sorry I can not locate the name or address of the shop. I know I found it on the net using Weldex somewhere in the search. Good luck
FLYING BUTCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had both the camera and monitor replace and the problem remained only solution was putting in a Voyager to replace all Weldex
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #17

The Weldex B/W camera system is known for failing. I was getting horizontal lines and it would go blank and if I turned it off and on it would work for a while. I called Weldex and they told me that they no longer produce the B/W units and have now replaced it with a color LCD replacement. After a lot of digging it turns out that the problem is the solder joints on the circuit boards cracking after a while. Call Tim and RVCAMS and he can give you the information and history. Tim no longer carries the B/W or any replacement parts because of the poor quaility. I replaced my B/W system with the color LCD, it is a direct replacement fit uses the same cable connectors. The color system has been working perfectly. If you go with a Voyager LCD system you will need adaptor cables for each end since the Weldex uses DIN connectors and the Voyager uses push in connectors. Good luck, been there done that.
buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
ITDave hit the nail on the head. The connectors for rear camera are very poor and soldering the video wires and bypassing the connector solve my rear camera problem. That was done well over 2 years ago and solved the loss of video problem. Also, the 12v wire in the rear cable is very small which results in voltage drop to the rear camera and the 12v wire picks up a lot of electrical noise which impacts the quality of the video signal. I found a 12v source in the rear of the coach which provided a much better and cleaner supply to the camera and used the 12v from the Weldex to trigger a Bosch relay. Much better video quality now without dropouts.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
We have a Weldex system & aladdin jr. at first, we got no information in the aladdin, we took it to the dealer & they said the wires were crossed. After that we got all the engine, etc information. Also during that time we were getting intermittant back camera use & side cameras were fine. They mentioned it might be a bad cable but didn't fix it. Last month, everything quit working & we get absolutely nothing. Do you think that is a bad screen?
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #20

Weldex

've sent the monitor away to be checked and it is OK now to check the ground and the camera.

Thanks,

Gary
gchart57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:13 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I've noticed the same problem with the Rear Camera on my Weldex System. I think SixPack98 is onto the source of the problem. The 12-volts that feeds the camera needs to be a better regulated source. Try, what I did to prove it. I noticed at night when I turned the headlights on the Rear camera would clear up and stay on indefinitely without going out and without showing the bars across the screen. This in itself indicates a voltage problem. With the load of the headlights being on the 12-volts becomes more stable, and as such clears up the problem.

I'll try SixPack98's method and if that doesn't work get a 12-volt regulator and clean up the voltage even more.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #22

Bought a used 06 Monaco Diplomat at Lazydays ,the Weldex Camera worked for a while then would go blank Lazydays did everything Weldex told them to but nothing seemed to work Thanks to lazyday the complete system was replaced an it works fine no problems at all this seems to be the answer, replace the system
alnlil is offline   Reply With Quote