Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2021, 02:03 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Well my hydraulic pump motor is shot and dead as a door nail.

I posted in another post about an electrical problem that I have taken care of, thanks for all the help from the great folks on this forum.
I am working on the next project and it turned out worse than I thought it would be. I found out when we got to Mesa Az that I have a leaking seal on my Lippert hydraulic pump so my motor was full of oil and didn't work so good. I finally took it apart yesterday and got it all cleaned up. That in itself was quite a chore.
What I discovered was not very good. The brushes were worn right down and the com was worn through. So I need to have the unit rebuilt or buy a new one for over $1,000.00. The problem is finding a place that is willing to do this on a small motor. Found one guy in the San Tan Valley willing to take a look at it but no promises.
I will attach some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211209_124448.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	351049   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211209_124352.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	351050  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211209_124255.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	351051   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211209_124322.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	351052  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2021, 03:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpuff View Post
I posted in another post about an electrical problem that I have taken care of, thanks for all the help from the great folks on this forum.
I am working on the next project and it turned out worse than I thought it would be. I found out when we got to Mesa Az that I have a leaking seal on my Lippert hydraulic pump so my motor was full of oil and didn't work so good. I finally took it apart yesterday and got it all cleaned up. That in itself was quite a chore.
What I discovered was not very good. The brushes were worn right down and the com was worn through. So I need to have the unit rebuilt or buy a new one for over $1,000.00. The problem is finding a place that is willing to do this on a small motor. Found one guy in the San Tan Valley willing to take a look at it but no promises.
I will attach some pictures.
Have you tried to search the part number? I was able to find and replace a HWH pump motor for under a 100 bucks.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:27 PM   #3

This might help: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f274/lip...ce-457195.html
Old 12-09-2021, 05:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks so much, I really didn't want to spend $1,000.00 for a little electric motor like this. I know there has to be a better supplier out there some where and this helps allot.
Thanks again.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:28 AM   #5

Still a rip in my estimation for that little motor but better than a grand. Looks to be poorly engineered so the motor is working at full capacity. As hard as they are to come by it is probably a good idea to have a spare.
Old 12-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I couldn't agree with you more, but sometimes we are stuck paying the big bucks to have these big toys. I did find a brand new motor at Western Motors Service, still cost me $395.00 but it's a far cry from the $1,000.00 alternative. And this is a brand new motor built from scratch by Western. Put my order in this morning and they were hoping to get it built today and ship it out on Monday. I'm sure that it will be a much better quality product than the original made in China part. I do plan on drilling a drain hole in the motor just in case my all new seals do fail. I plan on gluing the seal in with high temp silicone and making sure everything is sealed up well, I don't want any leaks!!
Old 12-15-2021, 11:59 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Exclamation

Well I got my new seal and O-rings, got them installed and lubed up so my pump is all ready to go. Just waiting for my new motor to arrive, get it installed then it will be all ready to put back in and bleed the air out and I will be good to go!

I thank all of you wonderful people here for your assistance. It would have been allot more work and more money to fix my pump assembly without all the help from you fine folks.
Thank you all so much!!⁸
Old 12-17-2021, 05:41 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Yee - Ha! Got my new motor and installed it today and boy does it ever work nice! Thanks to everyone who helped me get all the parts together and get it fixed. Thank you all so much!
Old 12-17-2021, 08:58 PM   #9

Great job! It always feels good to fix things yourself and save some.ccoach bucks for the next project
nbluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 10:40 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Yes it does feel good to have another problem taken care of, now onto the next project. Have to decide whether to tackle re-stitching one of my slide toppers or fix the leak in my intercooler hard pipe? Found where when they built this beast they got the pipe too close to a bracket and it wore a hole through. Good thing that it is in the pressure side, all it would do is bleed off some boost, not suck anything in. Should tackle the boost pipe first, then I don't have to worry about little critters getting in there.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:18 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
What motor was this for.
I have one on my jacks that has started to leak, I'll have to remove, clean up and see what it looks like. Just wondering if this is the same application.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 06:07 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Is your system made by Lippert? From the experience that I just went through that is what happens. The seal in the pump goes then hydraulic oil leaks into the motor and takes out the motor. Just look at the pictures in this thread and see if it is the same. All the relevant information is in this thread. Good luck!

Tags
door, hydraulic, motor, pump