Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2017, 07:50 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Wet Bay Underside Panel Replacement

Not sure if this is called a floor, cover, etc. but mine looks like it's on it's last leg ... looks like a rusty wafer. It covers most of the wet bay compartment underside. Is this just a piece of 1/8" or so sheet metal attached from the bottom that can be removed/replaced w/out gutting the wet bay?

The AquaHot exhausts also hangs too low IMO and want to get that tucked up closer to the bottom while I'm at it. Just now sure how this thing attaches in its entirety. Looks like there are a few studs that come down from above with nuts on them. Wondering if I can remove easily and use it as a template and replace with something that wont corrode? 2007 Dynasty ...

A picture ... https://goo.gl/photos/DMwhiRx9rsyRAW828
tophog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2017, 11:01 AM   #2

Good morning Tophog; I think from your pictures you are on the right track. I was in the steel supply business for 28 years and had access to alum. and stainless. I love stainless because alum. can oxidize, but it is easier to work than stainless. Do not know how that sheet is fastened but I am guessing, glued with some sort of sealer. I have a plate on the bottom of my Windsor where the low point water drains are but is a smaller piece and not in as bad of shape as yours. Wire brushed it and sealed with 3 applications of automotive undercoat. I would make sure you seal the new plate with some sort of sealer so no water gets between the new plate and whatever is above it. Also I agree with moving the Aqua-hot exhaust up closer to the coach bottom. It hangs too low and says, look at me, I am here to ripped off by a road gator. I would be sure to insulated the pipe to keep from transferring an heat into the bottom of the coach. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Monaco did such good jobs of quality in other area's, but forgot that a lot of water get's sprayed under the coach when you drive in the rain. I guess they figured we would not look down there. Good luck.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Is that the normal route for the Aquahot pipe ?
Old 05-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
Mine is routed similar to that , I have heard of some being routed over the back axle and out the back but the manufacturer supposedly wants the exhaust short & straight .

People often comment about its going to get torn off but I have
never heard of that happening .

Ray D
03 Windsor
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:19 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I high centered my Dynasty on the railroad tracks going into Monahan SP. I think I'd have pulled that off if I had an Aquahot.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I am also in the same boat but do not have a aqua hot system. My wet bay is all spongy and rotted. So i gutted everything. I don't want to take a short cut and just do what is necessary. Debating what material to use to replace the floor. There is treated marine plywood with acrylic sheet on top as one repair or maybe use that Trex style decking as it is weather resistant. Good luck!
Chuck and Robbin Harrison....plus 1 PB, a G Pyrenees and 1 Jack Russell. Zenie, Smokie and Buddy ! 1998 38' Monaco Dynasty Duke with a 8.3 Cummins. Everyday truck is a 2010 F150 XLT 4x4 and 2016 Ford Escape.
Migkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:29 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
From what I've seen on other similar year dynasty's in our resort this fall, yes, they all have the same route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
tophog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, panel, replace, replacement