Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
What are these electrical connectors for?

In the forward electrical compartment, left front below drivet, there are 2 unused connectors, two unused wires, and a plug for a relay. None of these have ever been hooked up, nor are they in the electrical drawings from Monaco.
Anyone have a definitive answer to what they are for?
Coach is a 2005 Monaco Knight 37PBD.

Attached are pics of the wires/connectors

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170807_151615697.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	172088

Name:	IMG_20170807_151621480.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	172089

Name:	IMG_20170807_151628156.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	172090

Craig
Central Ohio based
surftalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Does everything work in your RV? Very likely those are unused parts of the wiring harness for your particular model. Often the wiring harnesses are made with all options in mind, but only use the ones called for in your RV's build order. Under my dash and in my electrical bay are unused wires and components. In our case, the wiring harness has the wire's intended use printed on it so I know what it was intended for.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #3

+1

Options that never came on your coach.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:43 PM   #4

Craig-

As others have said, during the period your coach was built Monaco used harnesses to reduce wiring labor. Some of the harnesses are made with wire insulation of multiple colors, and others with wires of white insulation. For the latter, you may find the circuit "description," and sometimes a number, printed on the white insulation with an inkjet-type "font" every 6 to 12 inches.

When I opened the dash and neatened the harness wiring (spaghetti-city) in our coach, I took advantage of the marking to document wiring in the dash and the Front Distribution Panel, the one shown in your pictures. By bouncing the markings off what wiring diagrams I have I was able to get a decent idea of where signals originated and terminated. In between, well ...

Hopefully this insight can help you find answers to your questions.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:39 PM   #5

I figured they were for options I didn't have. I'll pull them out a bit and look for wire numbers. If I find them, maybe they will match up with something in the electrical drawings. I also noticed on the chassis 12 volt fuse/breaker/relay board in that compartment, there were a lot of items i don't have, example: electric toilet, electric sleeper, etc.

Thanks!
surftalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
That 'relay' socket is probably for the DRL module (it is not a relay...) Look at the wires and see what the labels are.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical