Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2017, 08:03 AM   #1

What is the item in picture

I have a 2003 Monaco Windsor. What is the round cylinder item in the picture? I think it is part of the air suspension but unsure. It is located on the front part of the chassis and the bracket that it is attached to broke loose and I have a few broken wires that I can't seem to find the other end of. Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0275.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	181634  
Coreyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2017, 08:04 AM   #2

No pic
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:07 AM   #3

Just updated with pic.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:09 PM   #4

Didn't know if it was some sort of air dryer. When the bracket it broke not only did it break a wire with appears to of had a air line going to it that broke as well.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #5

HI Coreyph; I agree, looks like an air/water separator. Do you have air leveling? On my 2000 Windsor with air leveling there was a water separator that was part of the Thompson air compressor to keep the air bags up when in the leveling mode. Is it possible that this is a remote water separator for that system? Hope someone with an 03 can give you a better answer. The air compressor for the air leveling, if you have it, should be right above the front axle.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #6

Yes I do have air leveling. I am hoping I can find on the internet what air lines are supposed to connect to it since they were ripped off when the bracket broke and I can't seem to find the other end. Thanks for all your help.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #7

HI again Coreyph; Do you have the HWH air leveling system? If so you might be able to go to their web site and get a diagram of how the leveling system is plumed along with were the compressor fits into the system. Dose it say HWH on you leveling control pad? The people at HWH are great and might be able to help. Owners here have posted that they have great luck with help with their HWH systems when they contact HWH. Also could try a search at the top of this page to see if anyone has posted a diagram for those systems. Good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:49 AM   #8

Yes I have the HWH air leveling system. I have the troubleshooting manual so will look for it there. Thanks for all your help with this.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:23 PM   #9

I believe that is "part" of the mini air compressor mounted up front to level the coach while parked and in auto mode. Looks like the pressure relief on the left side facing down, the water separator in the picture centered, the control valve on the right. The wires that are broken are the wires that would attach to the pump if it were installed.

My 02 cents.
Windecker
Windecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:10 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windecker View Post
I believe that is "part" of the mini air compressor mounted up front to level the coach while parked and in auto mode. Looks like the pressure relief on the left side facing down, the water separator in the picture centered, the control valve on the right. The wires that are broken are the wires that would attach to the pump if it were installed.

My 02 cents.
Windecker
I agree. At the end of the pump cycle for the leveling system a solenoid opens and expels the water accumulated from the leveling pump. This valve must also close when the cycle starts or it won't build pressure. There should be a bigger power solenoid where it receives its power. The bigger solenoid is triggered on by the signal wire from the leveling computer which runs the leveling pump and powered the dryer in sequence. When the computer senses level it shuts off the signal and the power solenoid opens.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #11

Thanks to all your help I am starting to figure everything out. So it appears that the previous owner removed the mini air compressor and what is in the picture is all that is left. I am assuming that you don't have to have the air compressor (read where a lot of owners disconnect anyways) since my coach levels as it should as is.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:40 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyph View Post
Thanks to all your help I am starting to figure everything out. So it appears that the previous owner removed the mini air compressor and what is in the picture is all that is left. I am assuming that you don't have to have the air compressor (read where a lot of owners disconnect anyways) since my coach levels as it should as is.
If it's like my windsor, ( I have air only leveling, no jacks) you don't have to have the mini compressor, however if you have even a small leak, over time, the coach will either start to settle or lean. You'll have to start the main engine to replenish the leveling air tank.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:13 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyph View Post
For some reason Monaco didn't put the compressors in a protected location. The environment under the MH makes them fail fairly quickly. There are other compressors that are cheaper, however, the Thomas is very quiet. They list at about $450. I found one on eBay for about $75, then mounted inside a bay near the ceiling and ran wires and airline so it works normal.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote