Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I've read so many postings lately that have truly astonished me. I've been amazed, not with the questions, BUT with the generosity and sharing of information that happens on this website. What draws such caring, knowledgeable, and helpful people to this site that other RV websites are missing? What makes people want to read this forum so they can help others? What makes this site so comfortable that I can ask questions without feeling I will be made to feel silly for asking? (I've got a couple more to ask later. ) What keeps this website sooo good?
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I've read so many postings lately that have truly astonished me. I've been amazed, not with the questions, BUT with the generosity and sharing of information that happens on this website. What draws such caring, knowledgeable, and helpful people to this site that other RV websites are missing? What makes people want to read this forum so they can help others? What makes this site so comfortable that I can ask questions without feeling I will be made to feel silly for asking? (I've got a couple more to ask later. ) What keeps this website sooo good?
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Great Questions "GoneFishin"! I feel this should be put out on the regular board also - not just in our own Monaco home!
(You guys ask such great questions!)

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I feel that most all RVers are good people. That being said we have true RVers as members. I have learned so much from everyone that when I can I try to help where I can. I think this is another part of this great family.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:42 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
This site is so great for the followng reasons.
The owners did not sellout to the pop-up ads.
They care about what is being said.
They have a great program for what words can go into a question or answer-ever wonder why you don't see @%$#*^$%*(%.
They have a great bunch of moderators who make sure that the small group of people who have nothing better to due than cause trouble or mock other people know they don't belong here.
They have rules as to the content what can be posted on a giving thread.
They will move your question to another thread if they feel you could get more answers there.
These are just a few reasons why RVers and non-RVers enjoy this site so much, because it's run by caring people.
One more thing made a donation and help keep this site this way.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:18 AM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What keeps this website sooo good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why, it's y'all, the members.

Without the great members, iRV2 would be just another RV forum.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:22 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I echo what read & learn posted. It all begins with the ownership of iRV2 and trickles down through the moderators to the members. This is the only "G" rated RV site on the web. Because of that, I have abandoned all other RV forums. There is a huge amount of RV knowledge right here at iRV2. That's good enough for me.

iRV2 has set the bar. Nobody else comes close.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:28 AM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
I would absolutely agree it is the owners, moderators, & members. I know of no other site that the owners and moderators are as active in keeping the site on track and friendly as here. The only other forums I belong to are wildcatowners.com and the dieselstop.com which are also clean and friendly. I have not found any other site where you get the kind of honest and friendly advice as on this site with no fear of being bashed for anything I ask or say. Thank you everyone!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:21 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
In addition to what's already been mentioned, I very much appreciate the design of the forum. It's visually pleasing to look at and spend time with. The ads are not overly intrusive. The web designers make extremely good use of colors and space, IMHO. In addition, the forum is easy to navigate. Easy to find what you're looking for. And the forum engine itself was well designed and well chosen by the iRV2 owners.

As for what's already been mentioned - I'm most inpressed with the helpful <STRIKE>intereaction</STRIKE> interaction of the owners and moderators.

Some of us could benefit from a spell checker, though.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:24 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with everything Gary said. I was following 2 other sites and gave up on that. My day starts out with IRV2 every morning and usually ends with IRV2. If I miss it my day is all messed up at least in my head.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:33 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
G'Morning All: Don't know exactly why this iRV2 site is such a GREAT site, but it SURE IS!! Probably due to it's dedicated Owners, it's professional, VERY helpful, and participating Moderators, AND, yes, the kind of members who contribute without EVER looking to pick some stupid argument, or to take control, and set themselves up as some kind of unofficial authority or gatekeeper. iRV2 is like a big BREATH OF FRESH AIR, where "REAL" RV'rs can get useful (usually rig specific) help with questions we encounter, where we can try to help others (when we can), and where we can kid around a little for fun, ALL without that unwanted garbage found on other sites. iRV2 is a WONDERFUL site....and....my donation WILL be on it's way. Thanks all. Steve & Lynette
Old 02-04-2008, 05:24 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ditto all that has been said. Many of us have met the owners and know that they both want this to be a great site...they have high standards. The members are the greatest...so many folks here with great experience willing to share and help. This site truly has something for everyone involved in the RV lifestyle.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:12 AM   #13

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now since all this info and bonding appeals to all of you Rv'rs. How about DONATIONS to this site. Also I post my decals proudly on front dashboard and rear ladder rack on both my motorcoaches for all to see.
it is a true friendly site and people will go out of their way just to help fellow rv'rs.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:13 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
b]What keeps this website sooo good?[/b] [/QUOTE]

People like YOU.

03 Saturn L2
abray is offline   Reply With Quote