RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscjc View Post
Hi all, I've installed the Samsung 197, 3 door refrigerator with great results, on our 2008 HR Ambassador. I lowered the shelf holding up the old Norcold, which is also the furnace enclosure. It worked perfect, and we have lots of ice and Ice Cream...2008 HR Ambassador, 38 PDQ. JC
Congrats on the Samsung install. We know you will love the new frig. We have had ours in since last August and have not had any problems. We can now stock the frig weeks before a trip and not worry about the things in the frig or freezer. Before the Samsung we put the ice cream the morning we were departing. If we put it in to soon it would be refrozen slush.

Love the photo of you with the Grand Canyon in the back ground.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
We, too, have a Samsung RF197. We had two shallow drawers below our Norcold which were sacrificed to get the needed extra height. We think it is the best improvement we have done to our MH. We have lots more space and the ice cream stays frozen!
Congrats on the Samsung! We put ours in last August and have not looked back. Life is good.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
JC here, I removed the shelf, and lowered it down, re-inforcing completly with bracing and hold down brackets in front and rear. After the old is removed it is pretty easy to see what has to be done....Remember to use a "counter depth" model....Purchased from appliancesconnection.com
Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
Letsgoagain...........Could there be open space above your furnace and below the frig cabinet floor?
Kix,
There is space between the top of the furnace and bottom of the fridge floor but I've taken that into consideration and measured it several times and everytime its right at 68 inches. Thats just short of what I need for the Samsung. Thanks for the help though.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #19
JDT

Letsgoagain, I needed a full 70" for the Samsung. Among other changes the 05 Ambassadors and I think most of the other line, got 3 more inches in ceiling height and I needed every bit of it to keep the fridge a safe distance above the furnace.

My friend has an 04 Endeavor, same ceiling height as yours, and he removed the furnace to get his Samsung to fit. He still has another funace plus he doesn't use his coach in really cold weather. If it is cool enough for heat we use our heat pumps.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #20

I have a 2000 Dip. and ran into the same problems. I used a Fisher-Packel from Lowes. It is a 18 cf and had to be ordered. I wanted the largest cf using a platform mounted 1/4" above the furnace. I have about 1-1/2" air space above ref.
racer478r is offline   Reply With Quote