Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2015, 05:01 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 197 in our rig running off the MSW Inverter. Even though the Xantrex is set to auto start the genset, when rolling it has never been required. Nice to have ice cubes when it's 115 outside! When dry camping it seems to be at least four hours before the genset kicks in depending what other amenities are running.
pilot92270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #58

Florida Cooters Club
RF18 at Sears Outlet - Brooksville, FL

I just bought a new Samsung RF18 for $704.40 (price + tax) at the Sears Outlet in Brooksville, FL. on November 26. This is a brand new - in the box unit (not a return or refurb). They still have one more at this location if anyone is interested. Their full price is $1,399.00 but it's on sale @ 50% off. If you use a Sears card or Sears Mastercard you will get an additional 5% off of the sale price. Taxes are 6% at this store. I believe the store is pick up and local delivery (no shipping), so if you are in Florida, it might be worth a look. Mine is going into a 2004 Monaco Windsor 40DST with an Atwood heater below. 2004's have a 79" ceiling so things will be very tight.
Lyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyca View Post
I just bought a new Samsung RF18 for $704.40 (price + tax) at the Sears Outlet in Brooksville, FL. on November 26. This is a brand new - in the box unit (not a return or refurb). They still have one more at this location if anyone is interested. Their full price is $1,399.00 but it's on sale @ 50% off. If you use a Sears card or Sears Mastercard you will get an additional 5% off of the sale price. Taxes are 6% at this store. I believe the store is pick up and local delivery (no shipping), so if you are in Florida, it might be worth a look. Mine is going into a 2004 Monaco Windsor 40DST with an Atwood heater below. 2004's have a 79" ceiling so things will be very tight.
That's a smokin' deal.

I ended up losing the two drawers at the bottom of our Dynasty which the wife was kind of bummed about. Luckily no furnace to contend with as our coach has Aqua-Hot.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:11 AM   #60

Forest River Owners Club
Great deal from Sears. Goes to show you how much mark-up there really is.
So the spec sheet says is is 70 13/16" high. What did everyone make as their rough opening? I want to leave enough to slide in.

Dave
Old 12-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #61

I removed the top pieces of cherry face frame because of the raised box panel on the top of the fridge. I screwed a scrap piece of 3/4" plywood that stuck out about five inches onto the back of each side face frame at the top. The fridge raised box cleared the pieces of plywood when I slid it in. I then cut a piece of the cherry face frame down to 1 and 7/8 and attached it to the plywood strips with a screw on each side. I then put matching dowel knobs in the screw holes. If I take the fridge out I'll have to take the top cherry piece off so the back panel will clear but at least I don't have a big gap at the top. I can send you a photo if you need to see it.
mocauttx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:38 AM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDave View Post
Adding it to the cart did show that price. The only thing I added was the removal of the old appliance. It was $15 and I thought worth it. Delivery comes direct from Samsung and it takes a week but that gives me time to prep. When they deliver do you think they would be upset if I told them to put it in the coach? Probably pushing my luck with that.
Home Depot delivery guys were contractors, not Home Depot. The sheet I got said they would take the old one out and bring the new one in. When they saw it was a motorhome, they offered to set it on the ground outside. They wouldn't take the old one out the door or put the new one in. When I showed them their paperwork that required it, he got out a tape measure and said it wouldn't fit. When they left without a tip, the old one was still inside the coach and the new one on the ground outside.
mriderLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #63

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mriderLeon View Post
Home Depot delivery guys were contractors, not Home Depot. The sheet I got said they would take the old one out and bring the new one in. When they saw it was a motorhome, they offered to set it on the ground outside. They wouldn't take the old one out the door or put the new one in. When I showed them their paperwork that required it, he got out a tape measure and said it wouldn't fit. When they left without a tip, the old one was still inside the coach and the new one on the ground outside.
I do have the old one out and sitting in the garage. I did expect to install the new one myself but just wanted to see their reaction when I said it goes in the motorhome. Also, I'd like to run it first before making the move.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:41 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I do have the old one out and sitting in the garage. I did expect to install the new one myself but just wanted to see their reaction when I said it goes in the motorhome. Also, I'd like to run it first before making the move.
I went through something similar, had the old one out and was just going to put the new one in the garage until my son came home from work, but they said they would assist me in putting it in the coach. The driver and his assistant removed the doors and hinges and the three of us negotiated it into the coach much more quickly than me and my son could have. That was the best $40 bucks I spent, tipping each one a twenty. I even had a hard time convincing them to accept the tip but I was very grateful for their help and conveyed my gratitude to them as much as possible.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:35 PM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Adding it to the cart did show that price. The only thing I added was the removal of the old appliance. It was $15 and I thought worth it. Delivery comes direct from Samsung and it takes a week but that gives me time to prep. When they deliver do you think they would be upset if I told them to put it in the coach? Probably pushing my luck with that.
My conversion was a smaller 11cf refrigerator. I ordered it from Home Depot with free delivery. The delivery guys were contractors. I prepped everything by removing the old fridge, passenger seat, magazine rack, and removing the door hinge so it would open fully against the mirror. They put the new fridge inside the motorhome next to the recliner without an issue. I plugged it in for a couple of days to make sure everything was fine.

A friend and I then used a furntiure dolly from Harbor Freight to manuever the fridge around inside the motor home.

I agree with the rest. This is the best thing I have ever done to our motor home.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #66

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
My conversion was a smaller 11cf refrigerator. I ordered it from Home Depot with free delivery. The delivery guys were contractors. I prepped everything by removing the old fridge, passenger seat, magazine rack, and removing the door hinge so it would open fully against the mirror. They put the new fridge inside the motorhome next to the recliner without an issue. I plugged it in for a couple of days to make sure everything was fine.

A friend and I then used a furntiure dolly from Harbor Freight to manuever the fridge around inside the motor home.

I agree with the rest. This is the best thing I have ever done to our motor home.
It was delivered yesterday. Yes they were contractors. I thought, because of the calls I was getting from Samsung, it was direct. Not the case. They put mine inside also. Glad they did because I couldn't have done it. Worth the tip I gave them.

Tags
ace, replace