Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2016, 04:27 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
10Boomer: I got the tubes of sealant today from Amazon and the order said it was for the Crystal Clear but the tubes are labeled Clear #GC28100 not #GC28100V (Calif only). Either they grabbed the wrong tubes off the shelf or they are thumbing their nose at Calif. Preferred the non special California mix anyway.

Let me know 10Boomer what you get. Just curious.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2016, 11:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kketterling View Post
10Boomer: I got the tubes of sealant today from Amazon and the order said it was for the Crystal Clear but the tubes are labeled Clear #GC28100 not #GC28100V (Calif only). Either they grabbed the wrong tubes off the shelf or they are thumbing their nose at Calif. Preferred the non special California mix anyway.

Let me know 10Boomer what you get. Just curious.

Will do that's crazy right.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 04-02-2016, 07:17 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
A little heads up guys. Geocell does not store well. Check the date codes on your caulking tubes. It's best to use it up as soon as possible.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:22 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Looking at Geocel's website and they sell a Clear and a Crystal Clear, both for less than Amazon and if you read the fine print there is a CA exemption.

RV Aftermarket : Pro Flex RV Flexible Sealant

Same stuff ? I checked RV upgrades also and the have the Clear only.
I am also looking to reseal the ENTIRE coach. FUN :-)

I have used this with good results but MAKE SURE you get ALL and ANY Silicone residue off or it will not adhere properly. I know...MASTER of the obvious!

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Etern...s-10-clear.htm

Cheers,

Craig
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:18 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I will say again. The Geocell applies well, as long as it is fresh. If it is old, it will not apply well, and will not dry or cure properly. When freshly applied, it appears to be much like clear silicone, however with time it becomes extremely hard and becomes very yellow.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKnight View Post
Looking at Geocel's website and they sell a Clear and a Crystal Clear, both for less than Amazon and if you read the fine print there is a CA exemption.

RV Aftermarket : Pro Flex RV Flexible Sealant

Same stuff ? I checked RV upgrades also and the have the Clear only.
I am also looking to reseal the ENTIRE coach. FUN :-)

I have used this with good results but MAKE SURE you get ALL and ANY Silicone residue off or it will not adhere properly. I know...MASTER of the obvious!

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Etern...s-10-clear.htm

Cheers,

Craig

Do you like the Eternabond clear?

Old 04-03-2016, 07:03 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Do you like the Eternabond clear?

It is the stickiest stuff I have ever used. It flows well in moderate temperatures. I used it last fall and waited until mid day and put the tube in the sun for a bit to aid in flow during application.

The only "issue" I had was in about 6 small areas, friends entire 32' Bornfree done, where there must have been very slight silicone residue left and after about 3 months those areas failed. I think any sealant would have failed. I have talked to a few people who had the same issue with Geocel and even having silicone not stick to itself. ANY Silicone residue is your enemy.

I THOUGHT I was very careful and got all the silicone off. I used silicone remover, good remover tool and even scotchbrite in areas. Then wiped everything down twice before application with Eternabond cleaner but still had areas that failed to hold.

The service techs and coach owners I have talked to said clean and scotchbrite everything carefully twice then wipe clean again.

The reason I asked about Geocel was due to my small failure areas, as I am going to reseal my entire coach this fall. The good news is my coach is stored in an aircraft hanger and I can keep it out of the weather for a few weeks if needed to accomplish the FUN task.

So did I like Eternabond clear, overall yes, but I would love to compare it to Geocel 28100 clear. I would use Eternabond again. Everyone I have talked to likes the Geocel Clear also.
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Will do that's crazy right.

Received mine today it's the clear only.

Tags
seal