Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
What would happen?

My wife and I were thinking about what would happen if we were away from our RV, on a side trip, and we got in an accident. How would the police, or hospital know where your RV was? If you had a cat, or dog in the RV no one would be able to find it's location. We thought of placing the RV parks brochure in the car in a easy to find location out in the open. Something we never think about until it happens.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
A note book in the auto, current listing of location, animal's, and contacts , date's listed. Fill it out at every location. The campground brochure would also be a good item for in the page in the book each time....
Old 12-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Just write a note that you tuck in to your wallet next to your driver's license. You can include CG and space # and instructions about the dog or cat. Of course most every CG I've stayed in forbids leaving your dog unattended in the RV when you are away from it, but I know it happens.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #4

We usually text our kids where we are just for this reason. Since ER people are going to look for a contact first the kids will know However. Ron's new IPhone has aspace to add his medical history and we are going to start updating that as well with this info
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #5

Spot tracker
kiethco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:46 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We usually get a card from the campground if they have them and write our site number on it and the date, you could add that you have pets. I keep it in my wallet.
Matchayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
My wife and I were thinking about what would happen if we were away from our RV, on a side trip, and we got in an accident. How would the police, or hospital know where your RV was? If you had a cat, or dog in the RV no one would be able to find it's location. We thought of placing the RV parks brochure in the car in a easy to find location out in the open. Something we never think about until it happens.
Why think about it then? I can't even imagine what a pain in the *** it would be to plan for that contingency. The easiest way is to have family and friends know where you are at all the time. Its called "Check in" on Facebook.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:01 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two things..

First, IN your personal cell phones have an ICE number.

Example
ICE 111-555-1234 (not a valid number)

Make sure to include the area code,,, This should be your "next of kin" you can also put in a ICE2, (The rv park) Make sure the next of kin knows about the RV park as well. ICE on my phone is my darling daughter, who knows where the RV is.

MANY RV parks you have a hang tag or other tag in the window that identifies the park... Those work well too.

Sadly when my wife crashed none of these would work, since the motor home was between parks (She was driving a newly purchased used jeep). Thankfully (from the point of view of the police) I turned around when she did not catch up with me to find out what the trouble was..... I found out.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We were at a campground a few years ago when this happened to a fellow camper at the site next to us. They had been out on an ATV ride, crashed and were both killed. The police notified the next of kin and a few days later the police came to the campground asking if they were registered there. Evidently they had told their family "roughly" where they would be so they contacted the local sheriff and they went to each and every campground/RV park in that area until they found the one.

Got my wife and I thinking and now we have a business card or window tag from the RV park/campground and keep it within easy view in the Jeep.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
All good, but why not put the park card with space # and pet information IN FRONT OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE. It's the first thing they look for.
woodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodfoot View Post
All good, but why not put the park card with space # and pet information IN FRONT OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE. It's the first thing they look for.

I'm glad I found this thread! I had never thought about that possibility! I think the above suggestion is the best!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #12
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Two things..

First, IN your personal cell phones have an ICE number.

Example
ICE 111-555-1234 (not a valid number)

Make sure to include the area code,,, This should be your "next of kin" you can also put in a ICE2, (The rv park) Make sure the next of kin knows about the RV park as well. ICE on my phone is my darling daughter, who knows where the RV is.
ICE numbers in a phone directory are a good idea if you don't have your phone set to auto-lock after a bit - but you should auto-lock your phone if you have anything other than a few phone numbers on there. For smart phones that are set to auto-lock there are many apps that will allow you to put emergency contact info on the lock screen so it can be seen whether the phone is locked or not. In our case we use the "Road ID" app on our iPhones to create a custom lock screen with key medical info and emergency contact info. Could easily add RV location or other info to some of those apps.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodfoot View Post
We had never considered this situation till now. We will be doing the business card idea in the future. Great post. Thanks

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #14

Jayco Owners Club
After posting this, we have been clipping the campground map on our visor. Each time we go into a RV park we change it. Just got back from a 4 month trip with 50 camp grounds. It would be very hard to let people know where we were every time we move. This works.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote