RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #1

Good evening,
Saw a good deal on a Cheetah and I'm not really familiar with the brand other then they are owned by Monaco.
What would a Safari Cheetah compare to in the Monaco or Holiday Rambler lineup.
Always shopping, (er dreaming).
Letsgoagain

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #2

Good evening,
Saw a good deal on a Cheetah and I'm not really familiar with the brand other then they are owned by Monaco.
What would a Safari Cheetah compare to in the Monaco or Holiday Rambler lineup.
Always shopping, (er dreaming).
Letsgoagain

Old 10-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Starting price is close to the Knight or the Ambassador. The price is a little lower...but it is also has a 10HP less engine....
My thoughts...but I can't say for sure....

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:51 AM   #4

What year Cheetah? I'm thinking that the Cheetah is up the food chain a little (no pun intended) from similar models, so depending on the year, its interior appointments may just be a little nicer than its HR counter part.
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Letsgoagain,
My wife and I just drove a new 2007 Safari Cheetah 40SFD off of Guaranty's lot today and are proud owners. The salesperson told us that the Cheetah is basically the Monoco Knight. He showed us the floorplans (brochuers) and they were the same. They did not have the floorplan that my wife liked in the lot for the Knight at the time that the Cheetah had. The Cheetah won.
Happy trails,
AKBrick
Old 10-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKBrick:
Hey Letsgoagain,
My wife and I just drove a new 2007 Safari Cheetah 40SFD off of Guaranty's lot today and are proud owners. The salesperson told us that the Cheetah is basically the Monaco Knight. He showed us the floorplans (brochures) and they were the same. They did not have the floorplan that my wife liked in the lot for the Knight at the time that the Cheetah had. The Cheetah won.
Happy trails,
AKBrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That must be quite a change going from a 34 foot gasser to a 41 foot diesel. We went from a 38 foot gas unit to the 41 foot diesel and found that additional 3 feet really made a difference, especially maneuvering around tight campgrounds.
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:59 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mbl Cndo,
Good thing I had the practice with just an old 34 footer eh?
Actually the 41 footer drove like a dream compared to the BRAVE on the Workhorse chassis.
DW and I have become pretty good as a team. We backed into our first spot today with some tight turns and a few tight spots without a scratch. We even got some cheers from the next door neighbors!
I found that patience and going slllooowwwww is the key,now if I can remember that. I think the biggest difference we encountered was the diesel noise in the back-up cams microphone. Hand signals went well but I think we're going to invest in some GOOD walkie talkies.
Oh, and about the extra 6 feet?... Inside it's fantastic!! Outside....doesn't really feel all that different while running except for the parking.
Oh yeah, the hills are much more slower going up with the 350 CAT, but a whole new mindset is fixing that.
Un-hurried,
AKBrick
aka: Tom Brickwell
Old 10-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #8

AKBrick,
Congratulations on your new motorhome. Sounds like its some coach. I'm guessing that yours came pretty loaded up with all the extra goodies. Seems like the one's I've seen advertised come optioned up.
I have one other question. What in the world are you doing in Alaska this time of year? Has to be getting cold that far North I would think. brrrrrrr. Time to move South.
Letsgoagain
Old 10-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
AKBrick...
Congrats on your new rig!!I am sure you will enjoy it even more after you have it a bit longer.
I am glad to see you have already started participating over here on the Monaco forum. Can I suggest you also ask to have your "forum membership" switched over to Monaco, also?
...consider this a premature welcome to the Monaco group!

PS... Thanks for clarifying which rigs the Cheetah is similar to.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Letsgoagain and MonocoMama,
I sold the house and the whole ball of wax in Fairbanks, Alaska. My wife and I are now in Oregon for a few more days and will travel to every state possible and live in this rig for a loooonnnnggg time. We are trying to stay with the sun. We've seen enough cold for 36 years!
Oh yeah,I did sign up for Monoco Forum membership yesterday. Lets see if it shows up at this writing....heeeere goes.....

Happy tails,
AKBrick
Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Hey, It did show up!! I am now a "Monaco Owner Forum Member".
Howdy Gang!!
AKBrick
Old 10-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
AKBrick,
Congrats on your new coach and welcome to the "Monaco Owners Forum". I'm envious of your plans to tour the States...Have fun !!!

nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote