RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2016, 01:47 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Wheel Covers for DP

Where is the best place to purchase wheel covers to place on wheels while camping? I also have a tag axle that I would like to cover while parked.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2016, 04:39 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
I found mine on Amazon made by Classic Accessories. Take time to read the reviews as you'll learn the pros and cons of each product. Also, be sure to know the size of your tires in diameter and width. Seems like most recommendations are to buy one size bigger if you're unsure.

Jbird_in_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:57 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I really like the snap ring tire covers. They come in either black or white. Super easy to use, and no crawling around to put them on/take them off. Best price by far that I found was below. (My Revolution wears the "Giant" size).

SnapRing TireSaver Covers, SnapRing TireSavers, Tire Saver Covers, Tire Covers, Tire Protection, Wheel and Tire Covers

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:32 PM   #4

I got mine from CW 3 years ago in black. These come 4 to a box would need to get 2 boxes. Work great and EZ install.
Elements Tire Covers, Set of 4, 40"-42" - Elements Covers 84125 - Tire Covers - Camping World
2 stroker
2 Stroker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:11 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The SnapRing looks great. I have the old Camco tire covers that had a elastic cord that hooked around the inside bottom of the tire. What a pain.
Philliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:26 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliec View Post
The SnapRing looks great. I have the old Camco tire covers that had a elastic cord that hooked around the inside bottom of the tire. What a pain.
I hear ya! I researched these a few years ago when we had our gasser, and they worked so well, also got them for the new diesel.

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:26 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
I got mine from CW 3 years ago in black. These come 4 to a box would need to get 2 boxes. Work great and EZ install.
Elements Tire Covers, Set of 4, 40"-42" - Elements Covers 84125 - Tire Covers - Camping World
2 stroker
Thank you 2 Stroker for your information and website.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliec View Post
I agree the snap rings look easy, but I can save you some grief with the elastic ones.

Don't try and put the elastic under the bottom. I have the bungie cords installed permanently. What you do is get the cover right side up and right side out, and before you do anything else you hook the elastic over the top of the tire and wheel and pull the two bottom corners down most of the way so the elastic is pulled down onto the top of the wheel hub (for clarity it is behind the wheel). Then pull the rest of the cover down over tire from the top, and snug it down.

The elastic pulls the bottoms in and up slightly, but since the they are on the curve of the tire turning in to the center they don't ride up. Takes me about 5 minutes to do all 6 (tags included).

One advantage I can see over the snap rings I with the ones I have I can roll them up pretty small for storage.

Mine are also the cheap CW black ones, but mine were two to a box, so 3 boxes were about $90 five years ago.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:40 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
The PO of Mona had the screens made for the front windows, side windows, and the wheel well openings, and they snap on, work very well! Just another option! Rail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1462748156297.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	142671
Old 11-14-2016, 10:11 AM   #10

For those who struggle with the cheap Camco covers, I took a couple of pictures yesterday when I put my coach away. It took me about 5 minutes to put all 6 on.

First, the cord is permanently attached to the cover :

Name:	IMG_2555.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	144360

Next you hold the cover in the orientation you intend to install it and loop the cord over the top and down behind the wheel (I don't know why, but the upload feature flips this picture - sorry but you have to look at it upside down):

Name:	IMG_2552.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	144362

Then you pull the top of the cover over the top of the tire and get it in position:

Name:	IMG_2553.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	441.9 KB
ID:	144363

Last you snug the cover down and pull the bottom two corners of the cover where the cord attaches to the ground.

Name:	IMG_2554.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	433.0 KB
ID:	144364
Old 11-18-2016, 11:05 AM   #11

I got ours at WalMart in packages of 2 each for a little past $20.00/package. It was easy and convenient.

They just slip over the top of the tire and seem to stay in place all right. I think they had two sizes and I got the larger size.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased our wheel/tire covers from Amazon last year and they seem to be holding up well.

I am glad I won't have to use these any longer by next year as the coach will have a nice new garage to park inside of after her new paint job.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:43 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I just use the Camco covers from Amazon. I thread the bungee cord through one of the tire cover holes and just toss it behind the wheel. Just to hard to try to route it behind the tire/wheel assembly. Just make sure to pull the cover down tight over the tire and it seems to stay put. I've worn out several sets from the UV here and rarely lost one from the wind.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
I just use the Camco covers from Amazon. I thread the bungee cord through one of the tire cover holes and just toss it behind the wheel. Just to hard to try to route it behind the tire/wheel assembly. Just make sure to pull the cover down tight over the tire and it seems to stay put. I've worn out several sets from the UV here and rarely lost one from the wind.
Ours is parked out on the prairie, wind is an issue. Easy to flip it over the top of the wheel. As I said, 5 minutes to put on 6.