Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Where did my hot water go?

Here I am again asking for help. This time it has to do with hot water, or lack off, in the shower.

My Aqua-hot provides plenty of hot water either from the electric element or the diesel burner. But lately, when I use the shower here what happens: the shower has a single-handle valve. It is a Moen. At the 6 o'clock position it is shut. I turn-it counter clockwise to let the water run. Normally, the 12.00 o'clock position is a comfortable mixture of hot and cold. Not anymore. I have to turn the handle to the maximum which is 9 o'clock to get some warm (not hot) water and this at a very low pressure rate.

What should I do to correct the problem?

Thanks
BT-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
If you have the removable shower head w/hose, unscrew the hose from the wall fitting and turn on the water. See if there is a change. If so, remove the shower head from the hose and clean out the screen. If no change, contact Moen (great customer service) and they will ask you some questions before sending you a new mixing valve. It will include instructions on how to change it out. I suspect debris in the line which is why you have the low pressure. Let us know what you find.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If it is just in the shower then I suggest as Barlow46 mentioned. More than likely in the Moen faucet.

However, if you are experiencing similar issues from all of your faucets, a reduction in hot water, then I would suspect the mixing valve in the Aqua-Hot unit itself. These are not common to have issues but not uncommon either. Pretty simple to change if needs be.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #4

Is it possible that after de-winterizing, you left a water heater bypass valve open?

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Check the mixing valve inside your Aqua-Hot unit.

You may have to exercise it a bit but make sure you always return the valve back to its original position.

I suggest you join the Aqua-Hot Hydronic Heating forum owned and run by Roger Berke.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Some precisions

Thanks to all for your valuable feedback.

I forgot to mention in the original post that all other faucets (kitchen, lavatory, and service bay) do supply the proper hot/cold water mixture, according to demand, and at good pressure. All valves are open. The coach hasn't been winterize for years. (My luck!)

The pressure issue for the shower occurs only when the handle in turned pass 11 o'clock. From 6:00 to 11:00 the pressure is good and the water remains cold. Pass 11:00 all the way to 9:00 which is the max limit, it is within than range that I do get lukewarm water and little pressure.

I guess this eliminates any problem with the shower head, the Aqua-hot mixing valve and/or any other valve - than the shower valve itself. Do I assume right?

I will call Moen as soon as I can find the model number. My unit being a 2003, I suspect that the shower model is discontinued. I looked every where on the shower parts and did not find any model name nor number.

Does anyone would have this information?

Thanks
BT-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #7

Just a thought , outside wash station faucets left on and nozzle turned off? I had a similar issue, that was the cause. Easy fix
Shoptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #8

Moen has a saftey mixing valve so no one gets burnt. Mine went out also and Moen sent me a new one free of charge. Have moen in house and they replaced 3 or 4 in last 18 years.

Jim
JHowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #9

Take the handle off then the round trim piece the # should be on the stem.
99Monaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT-III View Post
Thanks to all for your valuable feedback.

I forgot to mention in the original post that all other faucets (kitchen, lavatory, and service bay) do supply the proper hot/cold water mixture, according to demand, and at good pressure. All valves are open. The coach hasn't been winterize for years. (My luck!)

The pressure issue for the shower occurs only when the handle in turned pass 11 o'clock. From 6:00 to 11:00 the pressure is good and the water remains cold. Pass 11:00 all the way to 9:00 which is the max limit, it is within than range that I do get lukewarm water and little pressure.

I guess this eliminates any problem with the shower head, the Aqua-hot mixing valve and/or any other valve - than the shower valve itself. Do I assume right?

I will call Moen as soon as I can find the model number. My unit being a 2003, I suspect that the shower model is discontinued. I looked every where on the shower parts and did not find any model name nor number.

Does anyone would have this information?

Thanks
Moen has a "drill down" page on their website based on some pics of what you have. Take a look and see if you can ID your setup using their site.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water