Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2019, 01:27 PM   #1

Where do you get parts for your Monaco?

As the winter months keep us locked away from getting out to camp, plus the fact we picked up our new (to us) 09 Camelot just as we went from Spring to Winter bypassing Fall all together - I'd like to hear from others as to where they get parts for their Monaco's?

I need to replace the curbside front mirror - not the top mirror but the bottom "walleye" mirror.

Is there a one-stop shop for most parts, or do you need to go to several to get parts specific to the problem (electrical, body, mechanical, etc).

Thanks!

Jim & Brenda
2009 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ
Huron SD
elnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2019, 01:43 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would also like to know
Brasher801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:59 PM   #3

Parts

https://rvparts.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/welcome.pl?

https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/rv-pa...ries-s/100.htm

here is a couple of places
Bob Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:28 PM   #4

Veurinks rv Grand Rapids Michigan

Did I spell that correctly?[emoji6]
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:06 PM   #5

Where do you get parts for your Monaco?

Replacement mirror parts are available from the manufacturers, usually Velvac or Ramco. Other Monaco specific parts from the above listed sources or even ebay.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:07 PM   #6

Hi Jim & Brenda; Monaco parts! To me you kind of have to divide the coach into 2 sections. All the stuff Monaco made in house for the construction of the coach, fiberglass roof, side walls, side outs, frame rails and baggage compartment doors, entry doors and screens, front and rear caps! I think you get the idea. All the other stuff is made by different manufactures to complete the coach. Refrigerator's, roof A/C's, inverters, generators, front and rear axles, engines and transmissions, outside mirrors, switches, hot water heaters, furnaces and Aqua- Hot systems. Again, I am sure you get the idea.

All of the second mention is still used in coach building today. I think your mirrors are Valac! Not sure I spelled that right, but they are on the web. The hard stuff to get is the stuff Monaco made in house and as others here mentioned that's when you have to go to the salvage yards or find someone that is good at reproducing those parts as I am sure REV will not have them.

Hope this answers your question. I have an 01 Windsor that is now getting close to 20 years old and I just got some parts off Amazon I needed the other day. Have a Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:29 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Did you get all the manuals & literature with your coach.

I was lucky and mine came with all the manuals so that was a good starting point.

I also got a copy of the Data Sheet which had a lot of the primary components listed with Manufacturer and model and sometimes SN#'s. This included the axles etc. Another good resource.
Once I received my coach I started building my own library on all the components with parts diagrams and manuals. I have a pretty extensive database now.

If I need a part, I first get the part number and then start searching the internet and buy the part from the source with the best price including shipping.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:30 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
The REV group is the current owner of the Monaco name and they are no help for a unit they did not make. As ^^^^ for most items you go to the manufacturer or Ebay. Velvac will sell you a replacement mirror.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:07 PM   #9

Earlier this year I went to replace the dashboard generator switch. After much hunting around and several wrong parts. I finally called the number for parts in my manual. I got the exact replacement part and it was the best price too. I now call that number first.

Holiday Rambler parts 877 466-6226

Have fun
Scooter
Scooter363y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 02:14 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hallo,my Name is Frank and I live in Germany.I am a member of the us-motorhome-forum-europe too. Some of my friends drive Monaco coaches like Diplomat,Knight and Windsor. Now we have a big problem. They need new brake parts like drums,discs,pads,shoes and all the parts for the parking brake too. They all have Roadmaster chassis. REV don't answer to Germany. Do you have any idea where in the US we can order the parts we need? Do you also know where we can get data sheets for our motorhomes?
Thank you so much for helping us!
Have a good one......
Frank
Old 12-28-2019, 03:18 AM   #11

Chasses parts, like brakes, bearings air lines, air bags, air valves bearing and bearing seals will be available at big truck parts stores, truck service centers.
Anything attached To the frame was sourced from truck parts suppliers and still available.
Your monaco Alternator for example, Many find the alternator s used at city municipalities service garages are the same used on busses and garbage trucks.
Roadmaster sourced part's, axles from truck parts companies like rockwell, now meritor
Do you have big rig tractor parts or volvo parts service ?
My rear axle by rockwell was used for , by Fire truck manufacturers, Oshkosh chassis such as dump trucks and concrete truck chassis.
Find a part # on the part and do a search.
Take the part to a big rig service center.
They dont care if its from a dump truck or garbage truck.
They should be able to get or have the parts in stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake-tat View Post
Hallo,my Name is Frank and I live in Germany.I am a member of the us-motorhome-forum-europe too. Some of my friends drive Monaco coaches like Diplomat,Knight and Windsor. Now we have a big problem. They need new brake parts like drums,discs,pads,shoes and all the parts for the parking brake too. They all have Roadmaster chassis. REV don't answer to Germany. Do you have any idea where in the US we can order the parts we need? Do you also know where we can get data sheets for our motorhomes?
Thank you so much for helping us!
Have a good one......
Frank
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:08 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I found mirror parts at Pacific RV mirrors.com. Good prices and fast shipping. They have individual parts, or entire mirror heads.
Old 12-28-2019, 06:11 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I found mirror parts at pacific rvmirrors.com. Great selection and good prices.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:24 PM   #14

Frank in Germany- This is the process I used to get my brake pads. Call REV Monaco Grp at 877-466-6226, give them VIN and they can give you a Dana Spicer axle number. Call Dana Spicer at 800-621-8084 and they will give you the reference/manufacturer for the entire brake assembly (Bendix). Call Bendix at 800-247-2785 and give them brake assembly info provided by Dana Spicer and ask for PN for rotors for that assembly. Once you have the Bendix PN you can search for the rotors or cross references.
In my case I had one more, probably unusual, step. Bendix informed me that they had supplied Dana Spicer with Haldex brake assemblies. So I had to call Haldex at 816-891-2470 to get my brake pad PN

Hope this helps.
Bob
dca81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, parts