Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #1

Where does Monaco locate the Inverter?

I'm still here in Quartzsite next to our friends in a 2007 Cayman 36PPD. The coach came with a stand-alone charger and small inverter, but he's now looking to add a Magnum MS-2012 for the house. Does anyone know where the factory installed these in this coach?

We also looked in the tank area yesterday and was astounded at the room in there! We're thinking about building a shelf and locating the Magnum in there if all else fails.

Tnx...

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2012, 05:36 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My Magnum is hanging from the 2nd curbside basement compartment ceiling (counting from the front). Not sure if this helps you as my coach is a 07 Scepter.

Safe Travels.

2007 42' H/R Scepter & 2010 Equinox Toad
SailHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Forward side of the rearmost bay, curbside, in my '06 Knight. This keeps it separate but close to the batteries (1 bay forward).

Eric
Rear Vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:54 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Try to locate it as close to the batteries as you can. Otherwise you'll need to use larger cables. Check for info... on cable length losses to determine what's best.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Mines also in the curbside, third back basement compartment hanging from its ceiling.

08 Camelot 42'
Old 01-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
I'm still here in Quartzsite next to our friends in a 2007 Cayman 36PPD. The coach came with a stand-alone charger and small inverter, but he's now looking to add a Magnum MS-2012 for the house. Does anyone know where the factory installed these in this coach?

We also looked in the tank area yesterday and was astounded at the room in there! We're thinking about building a shelf and locating the Magnum in there if all else fails.

Tnx...
On our Diplomat the Magnum Inverter is located in the rear most compartment on the curb side. That is next to the battery slideout tray which is in the next compartment forward.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Jeff.....Gary and I left Saturday and almost got blown back to Quartzsite. Mine is located where everyone else has theirs. It's a perfect spot to keep the cable run down to a minimum.

We rode our bikes down to the flea market by the Pilot station. There was a guy there selling automotive parts. He had a box of LARGE battery cables 3'-4' with ends. Thought I would mention it if you intend to do any work there.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Jeff.....Gary and I left Saturday and almost got blown back to Quartzsite. Mine is located where everyone else has theirs. It's a perfect spot to keep the cable run down to a minimum.

We rode our bikes down to the flea market by the Pilot station. There was a guy there selling automotive parts. He had a box of LARGE battery cables 3'-4' with ends. Thought I would mention it if you intend to do any work there.
Yeah we did, Dick let all the smoke out of his Xantrex then lost the cork, so we installed a Magnum MS-2012 "in the field" while there. I brought my 12Ton crimper just to show it off and ended up needing it!

The Monaco is another friends from Simi who has been talking about doing a fresh sheet rebuild: Solar, Inverter, BMK of some kind, etc.. I didn't look in the rear compartment, but almost fell over when looking at unused space in the tank compartment... So that got us to thinkin'..

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUCKSHAVEN View Post
Mines also in the curbside, third back basement compartment hanging from its ceiling.

08 Camelot 42'
Mine too. 08 Camelot.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
In the older coaches they use to put in a 7' long tank taht took up the netire compartment. The newer coaches use a tank that is about half the size in the same bay. I can run almost two years before filling the propane.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #11

I have a 2008 Knight. Mine is located in the rear curb side cabinet.

Steve
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, monaco