Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2008, 08:19 AM   #15

Hi Bud,
I watch the board a lot also. It had seemed to slow down some lately.
Cat and I are in Glenville, NY. Been at a local marina/campground for a week. We leave in the Caymen to Iowa for 2 weeks on business. (Hurray!) We went out to the Atlantic Ocean in Gloucester, Maine couple weeks ago as a shakedown and it looks like all is well.
I've been busy too. I finally got the nerve up to drill two holes in the slide side so I could mount the Thule RV pod mount to hang an outside TV. It turned out well. I hate drilling holes in new shiny stuff! Took the bed apart underneath and cleaned up the wiring, removed the extra trash ( I did find a screwdriver!) and generally "made it better". Hope to, "C'ya down the road."
Lenny

2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG TT 2011 F150 puller
Lennyzx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #16

We are workamping in beautiful NC at Carowinds. Enjoying the roller coasters and the nice warm weather. What's a musky????
jokers99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:17 AM   #17

Nice job, Camelot Camper. When you get finished you can just "chill out".

Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What's a musky???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi jokers

It's a fish I believe. It looks like a pike. Not very pretty - a bit like my second cousin

It also eats like my second cousin (which is everything/anything in front of it).

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Camelot Camper! Wow! You have courage AND ingenuity!

The last time I approached our MH with a drill, my wife pulled out a shotgun!

I'm so glad I asked this question! Living vicariously through you all presently!
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
For the past 6 weeks we have been fishing the Beaverhead River near Dillon, MT. We'll probably be here all summer, but have no set plans.

Seven month update: We both retired in January 2008, on the road the next day. Attended 3 rallies in the first 2 months, Quartzsite in January with fellow iRV2 members, traded 2007 La Palma for 2008 Cayman in February, visited Thousand Trails parks on the way to Oregon, met a few iRV2 friends along the way, dealt with surgery and toad break-in in Oregon, AND OH SO HAPPY TO BE FLY FISHING IN MONTANA! No problems with our Monaco Cayman motorhome, just enjoying our freedom.

I check on iRV2 every so often to see if we can help anyone and we post general comments in the other forums. A while back I felt the Monaco Forum took a more technical and serious nature, so I moved our daily adventures, antics, and angling to our blog. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer in their RV!

27" brown trout on a #18 dry fly (picture taken from across the river)
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Les/Bud,
Thanks for the kind words, but I almost didn't include the photos. I was worried that Sacs might notice I polish my roof in addition to my batteries.
CC
Old 07-31-2008, 09:10 AM   #22

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well wanted to add a pic or two but could not figure out how to do it. So just gonna say we are in the Alpine RV Park, Marblemount, Wa while I work as a Volunteer at North Cascade National Park, Newhalem, Wa.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
As you know plans often change. Was supposed to be leaving Buckeye Lake, OH for Goshen tomorrow to attend our 1st HR event and also for a service appointment at the factory. DW has been battling with Vertigo for the past 10 days. Since we left home on Sunday she's had 3 attacks so it's time to turn around and head home instead.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:56 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Bob;

Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope everything is okay.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Bob, Sorry to hear that your wife has vertigo. It can be terrible as I'm sure you know. I dealt with it for a long time so I know. With the help of a good ENT doctor I've been fine for a couple years. I wish her the best.
Mic
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:36 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
We're home right now... we were recently at Donner Ski Ranch (no sweat-fest this year, hoooray!... for those that haven't followed along, we had A/C go out 2 years ago, and gennie [which means no house A/C] go out last year... different coaches)... everything worked GREAT this year!!!!! Also have been to our place in Dolores, CO. Next we're off to Casper, WY., then Salt Lake City, UT, back to Dolores, then Albuquerque, NM... God Willing, and the world doesn't go to heck in a handbasket!

Brenda, of...
Old 07-31-2008, 05:22 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Bud & Mic,

Thank you for your concern.

To add to all the excitement. Today she had an attack while we were out so in a hurry I went to get the truck and when I took a corner I caught the curb and put a gash in the sidewall of my tire. Soooo, tomorrow I need to replace the tire on my toad before we take off on Saturday.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
CheetahGirl and I just left the Outdoor Resort's Pacific Shores in Newport, Oregon for the Safari Owners rally. We had a wonderful time there. Heck my golf team even took second place in a golf scramble at Agate Beach golf club. We even tied for first in a pitch and put golf scramble at the resort.

Now we are nine miles south from there at a Thousand Trails resort called Whaler's Rest. We're going to hear their sales pitch tomorrow in trade for a 3 night freebie stay. When we bought the motorhome from Gauranty RV last October we got a certificate for the stay.

When we are done with this we will be back in Junction City and Coburg, OR at Gauranty RV to get the rest of our warrenty work complete.

We'll slowly head for parts south from there.

Cheers,

AKBrick