Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2018, 07:36 PM   #1

Where is the Barometric/Air Pressure sensor located?

Good evening to all; On 4/24/18 I posted that I had a fault code #108 on my Silver Leaf monitor for my 2001 Windsor with the 8.3 ISC Engine. Low voltage or ground for the Barometric pressure Sensor. County B replied with Service TSB 100488 that showed a new Barometric/ Air Pressure Sensor # 4902720 as an upgraded part. Also in that TSB it show the location of the sensor with 3 wires on the main branch of the wiring harness near the ECM with installation pictures. I open the rear compartment in the coach, easy access as only have the kitchen slide, and saw what I thought was the sensor zip tied to the main harness, there are 2, going to the ECM. Also on 10/6/16, Tikitom with his 01 Dynasty had the problem with the warning light coming on in the dash with his 350hp ISC. They replaced the sensor with the part mentioned above and all was well for him. When I unplugged what I thought was the sensor zip tied to the harness, it only had two wires coming from the main harness. The part that the harness plugged into has nothing inside of it. Almost an empty shell. There are no electrical connections inside of the part I unplugged! The new part #4902720 has 3 pins in the sensor itself. Sooo what I unplugged, what I thought was the Barometric/Air pressure sensor is not! On the quick service site it has Location Procedure 100-002 to find and locate the sensor. On page 6 of 12 it shows the sensor location, but for CM850 ECM, no mention of the ISC engine at all. In fact when in Procedure 100-002 for location of the sensor on an ISC, there is no location or any mention of the sensor at all!
I am looking for some help. I stood on my head for an hour going up and down the ECM harness bundles looking for that sensor that is supposed to be zip tied to the harness. Spent an hour from the bottom with my extendable mechanics mirror, and still no part that looks like #4902720. Did find on the quick service site that my engine has the old sensor #3085140. I JUST CAN'T FIND IT. WHERE IS THAT LITTLE DEVIL HIDING? I have the new part and just want to try replacing it before going to the shop and pay the big bucks to probably just R&R the little sucker.

If anyone knows where that little monster is I would love to here from you. Sorry for the long post as this is driving me NUTS! Thanks in advance.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2018, 07:42 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I found it pn my ISX, when I put The Ugly Fix on but that's no help for you.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #3

Hello to all; I FOUND IT! I am writing this update in hopes to help others find their Barometric/Air Pressure Sensor on their Cummins ISC. As mentioned in my previous post that when getting ready to leave AZ. after having the coach sit for 2 months, the WARNING light came on in the dash. Lucky for me I have a Silver Leaf monitor with a diagnostic button. If you read the owners manual, that WARNING light can mean many things related to the engine electronics could be throwing a fault code. For me it showed #108, low voltage or ground for the Barometric Pressure Sensor. A Cummins fault code is #221 or could be #222. Others here had posted a Cummins TSB #100488. This TSB was issued in 2006 for an upgrade Barometric, or as Cummins calls it, Air Pressure Sensor. The TSB information tells how to install and orient the new Sensor, Part# 4902720, with pictures. BUT, there are no pictures of the old sensor that the new part is replacing! I am on Cummins Quick Service Site which did help a lot and gave me the part# of the original sensor on my ISC. In the TSB it mentions that the new part,4902720 is replacing an older part and mine was mentioned. My old part# 308514 was found on the Quick Service site and mentioned in the TSB, just no pictures or location of the old part.

After 2 calls to Cummins Support, and talking to 2, Level 2 Techs and going over many drawings that had NO location of the sensor, the Tech. said he was sure it was some ware near the lift pump area. BINGO! I said I remember seeing a small harness with a plug at the very rear, curb side of the engine just above the lift pump and below the engine air intake. He also thought that the old part#3085140 was bolted to the engine. Sure enough, the old sensor is bolted to the engine with 2, 6MM bolts and has a 3 pin plug going into the sensor. ALSO the old sensor is round in design with a flanged bottom for the 2 bolts to attach it to the engine. The new sensor is flat with only one bolt hole in the end for attaching to other engine applications. To me there was some confusion as all the drawings I looked at shows the new sensor with 3 wires going to the sensor, BUT the TSB drawing only shows 2 wires going to the new replacement sensor. This created a lot of confusion on my part as to weather I was looking for a 2pin, or a 3 pin connector. If there had been a picture or a location of the old sensor somewhere in Cummins drawings, I would have found it when I first looked at the engine. Took 3 minutes to unbolt the old sensor and 10 minutes to install the new sensor per the TSB. MY warning light is out and my Silver Leaf now shows, NO ACTIVE FAULTS. What should have taken me about an hour turned into 3 days of searching and calling. Hope this info helps others and I wish I had pictures to share. To all, have a great weekend!
Old 05-14-2018, 10:11 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Glad you fixed her.
How about posting a photo of the sensor - to help the next guy find it.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:36 PM   #5

Hi CountryB; Well, here's the question! How do you put pictures in this forum? We just got our 1st smart phone not too long ago. Lots of owners here post pictures, but I am not sure how to do it. Still in the dumb mode on certain things in this realm. If someone would explain how to do it, I will sure give it a go. Also thanks for the reply.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:55 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi CountryB; Well, here's the question! How do you put pictures in this forum? We just got our 1st smart phone not too long ago. Lots of owners here post pictures, but I am not sure how to do it. Still in the dumb mode on certain things in this realm. If someone would explain how to do it, I will sure give it a go. Also thanks for the reply.
I don't know to post from a smart phone. On the computer, you go down the page below the box where you type, and there is a button called "manage My Attachments". When you click the button, there is another window that opens with a "Browse" button. You select the "file (picture)" off your computer and Upload.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	202795  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #7

Pictures of Location of Cummins Barametric Pressure Sensor - ISC

This was a great thread as I was trying to find this sensor also. The TSB was very little help in finding it. Here are some pictures from my 2001 Manaco Diplomat with a 330 hp ICS that will hopefully help others in need in the future.

Also, per our local Cummins shop, the 4902720 part now supersedes to 4359572

MyDmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #8

Pictures of Location of Cummins Barametric Pressure Sensor - ISC

See pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200907_125355.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	300162   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200907_125157.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	300163  

Name:	20200907_125219.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	300164   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200907_122406.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	300165  

Old 09-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #9

Hi MyDmini; Thanks for posting those pictures as I never did get that done. i hope my original post on the sensor helped. Would not want to go through that Easter Egg hunt again.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #10

Yes, your post helped because you mentioned where you found it and that it was not attached to the wire harness as shown. Thanks again for your write up!
Old 01-22-2021, 02:27 PM   #11

Wiring connector help.

Hello I am doing this to my 1999 Monaco 330. I found the sensor and ordered the newest Cummins part# 4359572 and went to plug it up and the connector is not the same. It is 3 wire. The Is this the correct number for the 2nd design?It is the one that you mount with zip ties to the wiring harness. Is there a wiring harness that is needed to put them together? The sensor from Dorman is $49.00 and Auto Zone has them so I got the first one from them and was the same thing as the new Cummins one that I paid over $200.00 for so I would be for sure it was correct and it is exactly the same.
TFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFarmer View Post
Hello I am doing this to my 1999 Monaco 330. I found the sensor and ordered the newest Cummins part# 4359572 and went to plug it up and the connector is not the same. It is 3 wire. The Is this the correct number for the 2nd design?It is the one that you mount with zip ties to the wiring harness. Is there a wiring harness that is needed to put them together? The sensor from Dorman is $49.00 and Auto Zone has them so I got the first one from them and was the same thing as the new Cummins one that I paid over $200.00 for so I would be for sure it was correct and it is exactly the same.
Update. As far as I can tell the original one on my engine was 3085140 and the new revised part is 4902720 and the one Cummins sent me is 4359572. Any ides?
Old 01-22-2021, 04:06 PM   #13

Pic

Quote:
Update. As far as I can tell the original one on my engine was 3085140 and the new revised part is 4902720 and the one Cummins sent me is 4359572. Any ides?
/Users/TimmyFarmer/Desktop/IMG_1008.jpeg
Old 01-23-2021, 08:42 AM   #14

wiring pig tail harness

Quote:
/Users/TimmyFarmer/Desktop/IMG_1008.jpeg
Today I found Cummins part number 3104227 wiring harness adapter. Looks like the one. Anyone ever had to do this?

Tags
air, cat