Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco tells me that the electrical connectionf ro the pre-wired CB radio is under the top dash cover, along with the antenna connector. I found the antenna connector right there, but I can not find the red and white wires for the electrical hook up. They are suppose to be near the antenna connector,coiled up and tied with a zip tie and marked CB Radio Electrical Connection. I have looked at length and still can not find them. Has anyone ever found it?
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco tells me that the electrical connectionf ro the pre-wired CB radio is under the top dash cover, along with the antenna connector. I found the antenna connector right there, but I can not find the red and white wires for the electrical hook up. They are suppose to be near the antenna connector,coiled up and tied with a zip tie and marked CB Radio Electrical Connection. I have looked at length and still can not find them. Has anyone ever found it?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #3

They are there. Keep looking. Monaco does a really good job of hiding them. That must be a good laugh on the assembly line. "Hey Buba.......Look at this....they will never find it here. LOL"
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Luke...
It is there... this link may help...it has CB radio stuff...

Good Luck

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Luke,
The only way I found mine was to go to the wiring diagrams for the 2007 Camelot. There I found that the CB Power line shared a connector with the TV Ant Warning Light in the instrument panel. I followed the TV Ant Warning Light wire to the 9 pin connector and found the CB Power line there and pulled it up from the depths. It had been shoved down below the wires under the dash DVD Radio set. With any luck, yours will be simular to the Camelot. Good Luck.

Let us all know.

CC
Old 02-14-2008, 12:20 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Ops, it's a 15 pin connector not 9. It's connector number C332 and the Ant Up Warning Light comes into pin 14 while the CB Power is pin 15 in the corner of the connector. The diagram shows effective for Camelot/Scepter so I'm not sure it will work for the Dip.

CC
Old 02-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
If Honda ever gets into the motorhome business, Monaco is in BIG trouble!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:25 AM   #8

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lukeaa, the one that was on my rv had a red wire, two white wires and a white snap on type end connector on it. Good luck.

Unfortunately the antenna system on the rv does not work worth crap and cb dealers tell me due to the fiberglass body and so on they cannot do anything to help me. So I have a great cb with signal of five feet in any direction. Sucks.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Once I find the power wire, I was giving some thought to glueing a larger sheet of metal to the fiberglass roof to serve as a ground plane. I think I read that that will solve the fiberglass roof problem.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
When I finally found my CB power connector there was no mating connector supplied with it so I cut it off and replaced it with a new pair from Radio Shack.

With regard to your ground plane, it would be more effective and easier for you to hook up some longer ground radial wires to the antenna base, which needs to be at least a quarter wave length (108") than trying to cover your roof with sheet metal.

CC