Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #1

Where is the Hadley Horn solenoid?

My coach is a 2001 dynasty. Is the horn solenoid in the drivers compartment somewhere by the wheel ,under the dash (that is , someplace inside the coach). Outside in the front run compartment? The horn relay and fuse are there. Somewhere above the genset when it is extended?

Thanks
jlshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2000 Dynasty. If I slide out the Generator and look up, there is a yellow plastic line that goes into the solenoid...I don't know if this is what you may be looking for, but the hose line fell out a month ago and the horn stopped working until I put it back in and tightened up the holding nut again.
patmsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #3

Solenoid

Thanks for responding Pat. I'll take a look again in daylight but I was looking in that area earlier today and that doesn't sound familiar. I do remember seeing a couple of gizMos that said air pressure on them but nothing like you describe. Lots of wires that looked firmly connected. It's amazing how no two of these rigs are exactly alike.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Another indication that my hose was loose was that I could hear the air escaping when my wife pushed on the horn button. I had her do it when I was sticking my head underneath the hood. I would send a picture, but we are visiting family right now. Also, the air line was about 1/4 inch OD.

Hope this helps.

Pat
patmsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #5

On our '06, it is mounted on the passenger side of the front firewall, just above the drain valves for the wet and dry air tanks. It is accessible by running the generator slide out, and is easy to see and reach, once we have done so. It will have an air line coming to it, and one or two out for the one or two horns, as well as a pair of wires to energize the solenoid.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know where yours is located but for a bit of information I'll put my two cents worth in.

I repaired my Hadley solenoid a couple times by tearing it apart and cleaning the gray gunk out of it.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a new solenoid three years ago and haven't had a problem since.

I do exercise it now every trip we take when I'm out where it won't bother anybody.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #7

Horn

Pat ,

Hope you had a good Xmas. Its been too cold here to play detective. If you get the chance I would appreciate the picture you suggested.

Thanks for the other responses. I suspect the 2006 model is too new to have the solenoid in the same place but will take a look.

Arch, thanks , if I understand right you were able to clean out the horns themselves and that worked for a couple of years till you finally had to change the solenoid itself. Is that right?

Thanks
Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlshand View Post
Pat ,

Hope you had a good Xmas. Its been too cold here to play detective. If you get the chance I would appreciate the picture you suggested.

Thanks for the other responses. I suspect the 2006 model is too new to have the solenoid in the same place but will take a look.

Arch, thanks , if I understand right you were able to clean out the horns themselves and that worked for a couple of years till you finally had to change the solenoid itself. Is that right?

Thanks
No, that is not right.

I disassembled the solenoid itself. There is a plunger inside it that gets gummed up and won't move correctly.
I disassembled and cleaned it twice and it would work for a couple months and then gum up again.
Never touched the horns on the roof.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote